[ Poll ] Last Resort PLEASE HELP I AM BEGGING YOU!!1

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
icycalm
Banned User

[ Poll ] Last Resort PLEASE HELP I AM BEGGING YOU!!1

Post by icycalm »

OK, now that I have your attention kind sirs, let me frame my humble request.

I am trying to find some backgound info on Last Resort. It's an SNK game but it is apparent that some ex-Irem people worked on it. Who are these people? Did they work on the R-Type games?

Google has failed me, MSN has done a bit better. But the best shmup search engine is this forum, so please help.

Bonus points to whoever tells me if the CD version has a different soundtrack to the cart/arcade, and in what way.

Love,
-icy
zinger

Post by zinger »

The CD version has a remixed soundtrack.
Randorama

Post by Randorama »

To my knowledge, Last Resort has been produced by the "Cosmo Gang: the video" team (Namco). Also,Irem should have bankrupted shortly after 1994, with another company buying the rights and most of the programmers moving to SNK to do the platform with the Mr.Fantastic guys (can't recall shit, now) and the King Of Series shortly after. Also, i don't really know if the Nazca programmers founded Nazca, delivered their two games as an indipendent company and then were absorbed by SNK, or they were already a subsidiary.

One good thing you can do is this: check on arcade-history.com, or the mame history file, whenever you need credits (so you can check who has done what, if you can).Please double-check on that side, my memory i have written by memory so...
Chomsky, Buckminster Fuller, Yunus and Glass would have played Battle Garegga, for sure.
dczx

Post by dczx »

Everyone says Pulstar was made by ex-Irem members. I think it was the same team that made R-Type Leo. NOT the same team that made R-type 1 and 2 (3?).

Last Resort was made a bit too early to fit in with this team I think. "In the Deep" is another later Irem shooter that may have been made by that team. I don't know.
make a reaction
memorizing a pattern
must not be shot down
MNK

Post by MNK »

dczx wrote:"In the Deep" is another later Irem shooter that may have been made by that team. I don't know.
It's In the Hunt, not deep ;).

anyway..

In the Hunt designers : Akio, Susumu, Tomohiro, Ken Kui, Kozo, Takeshi
Metal Slug designers : Akio, Susumu, Max.D, Tomohiro, T. Okui, Kozo

Last Resort designers : Yoshio Shimizo, Mitsuo Kodama, Tatsuya Shinkai, Toshimi Tanaka, Khozoh Nagashima, Hajime Itoh, Senaroh Hotta, Saori Etoh, Eri Koujitani

I know Recap has alot of info about the Irem & SNK connection maybe he can clearify things a bit.