ST: Gundemonium Recollection

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Goshi

ST: Gundemonium Recollection

Post by Goshi »

For those who don't know, Gundemonium Recollection (RE:Gundemonium for short) is a remake of the original game. With new characters, different bullet patterns, new music and improved game engine. It's better than the original in every single way and even surpasses Gundeadligne.

---

Gundemonium Recollection

Characters

Eryth Millfall
Her shot is a twin shot. Tapping the fire button has high firepower and you can move quickly whilst holding it down reduces your firepower and also lowers your movment speed.. Her Mana ability throws the Fortune Wheel that slows down bullets and enemies (Slows down time pretty much. For future reference this will be referred to as the in-game term: 'planeshift') as long as it hits something (Be an enemy or obstacle). Her bomb is a powerful 7 way shot which has high firepower and range.

Be careful when tapping the fire button though as your guns may overheat and will not be usable for a short time.

Eryth also appears as a playable character in Hitogata Happa (As Fourtuner) and Dicing Knight. She also the main character in the sequel, Gundeadligne.

Elixirel Chrome Matrix Proxy
Almost exactly the same from Gundeadligne (She just can't fire a single bullet from her normal gun). Tapping the fire button allows her to shoot a 5-way shot, holding down the fire button causes her to fire a powerful laser which has high firepower (Not as strong as a Demonic Shift double shot or Eryth or Carina's Hell Spike). Pressing the Mana button will activate planeshift and cause her 5-way shot to pierce through enemies and improve the firepower and size of her laser. Her bomb is Gundemonium which attacks the whole screen with high firepower. Her bomb works like how bombs did in Gundeadligne in which she has a bomb gauge instead which slowly charges up. Collecting a bomb item will fully restore it. She's fairly slow though but not as slow as she was in Gundeadligne.

Her non-reincarnated form is the final boss in both versions of Gundemonium. She also appears playable in the sequel in Gundeadligne and in Hitogata Happa (As Lovers).

To unlock simply acquire 24 play orders or defeat Elixirel Daath in the main game.

The Earl Types
Hailing from Hitogata Happa; the Earl types are customizable characters with many uses. In some cases they're more useful than Eryth however they cannot be used for all situations like Eryth. Plus they're not as usable.

Star Fire
Standard five way shot. The shot in the center has the highest firepower. Firepower improves when planeshift is in effect.

Dath Whisper
Activates planeshift, pretty much identical to Elixirel's mana ability.

Bloodrain
Crimson colored bullets will fall down rapidly on the whole screen.

Twin Drill
Two drills that can pierce through enemies. Changes angles while you move around too and also has a high rate of fire. Of the Earl weapons this one is one of the most useful.

Derringer
Summons a mini Earl to fire a rapid barrage of shots. Planeshift will activate as long as their hitting something. As far as I know this only works on mini bosses and bosses and not minor enemies.

PowerUp
Improves firepower for a short time.

Lucky Star
Fires a narrow laser, similar to the famous laser weapon in Gradius. Firepower is pretty bad but its easy to use.

Rizing Sword
While holding the Mana button a huge piercing laser will be fired forward. Its firepower is very high but chews up your mana quite quickly. Unlike Hitogata Happa though, you're not invincible when using it.

Shooting Star
Though its a Dicing Knight reference this thing summons the dragon boss from Salamander(!!) to fly around chasing enemies. Careful though as when you use this while fighting the final boss you'll only end up fully healing her =/

Photon
Has the highest firepower of all the weapons but the lowest rate of fire as you can only have 1 bullet out at a time. As long as they're hitting something, planeshift will activate. The closest thing you'll get to Nagi's shot. Very useful though.

Hellspike
Attacks the enemy with a powerful spike.

Rozenkreutz
A wave of powerful stars quickly moves forward. Their direction changes depending on movement. Best bomb, IMO.

... Why does Carina also get all the good abilities too? ;_;

Gameplay Basics

Player 1
Z - Shoot/Confirm
X - Mana Ability/Cancel
C - Bomb
X + C (Mana + Bomb) - Demonic Shift

Basic Movement
It plays like a normal horizontal shmup only the sprites are quite large. However the game provides a hit box, thankfully. The hit box is the character's chest, it is marked by a heart each time you die for reference. However you cannot change the direction you're facing like you could in Gundeadligne. Lastly, you can fly over most enemies without being harmed. Only attacks will damage you.

Phase Level
Phase Level determines difficulty. It raises whenever you get Gun overheat or kill a boss and it lowers when you get an extra life or use a bomb. High phase level means harder enemies but also higher score.

Unlike the other games featuring it though, each difficulty level gets a max phase level amount. Which are:
Novice - 2
Revised - 5
Unlimited - Who knows.
Demonic - Fixed on 11

Replay
(Copy/Paste)When you complete the game or get a game over you'll prompted if you wish to make a replay. Relays do what they say, replay what you've done during that play through.

Bombs, Counter Bombs and AutoBombs
Unlike Gundeadligne, this game uses the traditional system. Grab a bomb item, press the bomb button to use, easy. To Counter Bomb simply press the Bomb button while you're hit. Elixirel is a different case though, she doesn't need a full bomb gauge to Counter Bomb. When her bomb gauge reaches a certain point (The gauge will become a shade of yellow) you can counter bomb.

In Novice difficulty bombs are automatically used when you get hit, however through this method you're given a penalty to your Phase Level.

Chaining
Works like most shmups in which every time you hit an enemy a counter appears adding up the number of times you continue hitting enemies. Doing nothing will causes the counter to reset after awhile.

Demonic Shift
Demonic Shift is a new feature added in RE:Gundemonium. Its sets Phase Level 11 (So if its higher than 11 it'll actually lower it) for as long as how much mana you have left. Good for getting high scores or for surviving on higher phase levels.

Older versions have a glitch where you can get negative mana from using this. Be careful!

Onslaught Bonus
Simply put, kill a lot of enemies quickly and you get some bonus score. Easy.

Friction and Friction Break
Friction is the same as grazing. Placing your hit box close to a bullet. Friction Break occurs when you get a certain amount friction. What this does it change all bullets to gems and raises your phase level.

The Ending Factor
To get the true ending you need to 1CC the game and have at least 1 bomb left by the time you defeat Elixirel Kaether. If you met the requirements, the bomb gauge should become the transmigrate gauge. Quickly use a bomb and you'll get the ending. However...

The Elixirel Daath Factor
You need 100 ability level and a phase level of 5 or higher. Here's what affects ability:

- When you use two bombs (-1)
- When you get hit (-1)
- Getting an onslaught bonus (+1)
- Defeating a named enemy (+1)
- For every 100000 points you earn (+1)
- Gives a bonus based on your current phase level in relation to the max, multiplied by levels played.

Once you get 100 ability you'll be able to fight Elixirel Daath when you transmigrate her. Just a warning, phase level doesn't affect how difficult she is.

The Matrix Orders Factor
To unlock the Matrix Orders you need to reach Elixirel Kaether in Demonic Challenge. This is done by just clearing a number of the challenges. The following are compulsory to beat in order to reach her.

- One of Chantal's forms (Not sure on this one but its possible. Chantal is easy anyway)
- Luminere or Etoile Filante
- Any of Phaser's forms
- Any of Eresh Ki Gal's forms
- A number of Elixirel's other forms

The Ain Soph Aur Factor
This new mode has you go through several levels with randomly chosen parts of the game with a random mini boss at the end of each zone. At the end of a stage you'll fight a Matrix Master. They're hard even on low Phase Levels so watch out. At the end you'll have a boss rush level with Matrix Masters Pearl at the end. However you'll also have to fight Lotus who is probably the hardest boss in the game.

I'm unsure how to unlock it but a good guess is just beating all the Matrix Masters (Since I already beaten them all when I updated =/).

Also Time Up = Game over, watch out for that.

The Sapphire Master Factor
I added this in since some people may be wondering how to defeat her. Anyone way upon fighting her you'll eventually see Alice use an attack that freeze time and creates an impossible to avoid wave of bullets. To avoid this you need to use Friction Break. Simply take advantage of the large amount of bullets she makes before appearing to get a free 360 points of friction.

The Jet Master Factor
Added this as well, though this one is more obvious than the one above. Simply put defeating Tomoe isn't enough to actually defeat her since she will constantly revive. The idea is to destroy those circles on the large onyx gem. Once they're all gone you can kill Tomoe, which won't really take long. Be careful though since its easy to get a time over.

The Pearl Master Factor
Eh? I thought I already put this. Anyway to damage Mio you need to destroy all her cards. Watch out for the bullets they make upon being destroyed. To defeat Ars Arcanum you need to use your mana ability. If your playing as Elixirel or a Earl Type with Dath Whisper you'll get a strong photon type weapon instead. You'll need to use Dath Whisper anyway to slow down the Pearls surrounding her.

Gundemonium Original
On the CD if you explore it you'll find a folder called omake. This contains the original version of Gundemonium. A nice addition but Gundemonium is pretty bad in comparison to RE:Gundemonium. Note that this only applies to the original doujin release.

Play Orders/Steam Achievements/PSN Trophies

ANTARES - Clear Novice difficulty
CANOPUS - Clear Revised difficulty
ARCTURUS - Clear Unlimited difficulty
KENTAURUS - Clear Demonic difficulty
PLEIADES - Get the True Ending/Unlock Mission Mode
CAPELLA - Clear all Demonic Challenges
RIGEL - Clear all Matrix Orders
PROCYON - Reach Area X in Ain Soph Aur
ANDROMEDA - Beat the game as Eryth
ROSETTE - Beat the game as all 64 Earl Types
SIRIUS - Defeat Endymion while Demonic Shift is activated
FOMALHAUT - Destroy 7 of Aenea's crosses
ACRUX - Destroy all the cannons on Volcannon and then destroy her. Her last form is immune to bombs though so be careful.
ALDEBARAN - Destroy 16 Cyclones in one run. (The pumpkins with the lasers around them)
LEAF64 - Destroy 64 Leaf heads in one run. Easy to do by facing Monica until time runs out.
ARIDED - Destroy Slayer without destroying any of the swords circling around it. Twin Drills are your friend
POLLUX - Have Lumiere destroy 6 bombs. Geez, she must really get mad when you use them =/
ALTAIR - Survive Phaser's ramming attack twice and defeat her.
SOMBRERO - Get 4 Life Up items
SPICA - Defeat Eresh Ki Gal Irkalla without using a bomb
MAGELLANIC - Defeat Elixirel without losing a life.
VEGA - Defeat Elixirel Kaether by getting a time over
BETELGEUSE - Defeat Elixirel Daath. Matrix Orders mode doesn't count
ACHERNAR - Get 1000 gems in one area
TRAPEZIUM - Get 1000 hits in one area
PRAESEPE - Get 15000000 points
HORSEHEAD - Get 100 Onslaught Bonus in one run.
HADAR - Get FrictionBreak 4 times.
REGULUS - Use 10 counter bombs. Auto Counter bomb doesn't count.
DUMBBELL - Demonic Shift 10 times.
MIMOSA - Obtain an extra life at the instant you lose your last life
SOLARIS (SOLALIS in the original version) - Get all of the above play orders.

Related Links
http://murasame-wiki.info/ - Murasame Wiki
http://www.murasame.com/ - Platine Dispositif Webiste
http://www.gundemonium.com/ - Rockin' Android's Gundemonium Collection Website

---

Feel free to add any extra info.
Last edited by Goshi on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:23 am, edited 19 times in total.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

Don't forget to include the chaining element. It seems to work like most chaining in that if you go too long without shooting anything or you get hit you'll break your chain.

Also, I could never get Derringer to kick me into planeshift, even with multiple instances onscreen.

Not really strategy, but RE: also includes the original Gundemonium.
Goshi

Post by Goshi »

Damocles wrote:Don't forget to include the chaining element. It seems to work like most chaining in that if you go too long without shooting anything or you get hit you'll break your chain.
I knew I forgot something. Thanks for that.
Also, I could never get Derringer to kick me into planeshift, even with multiple instances onscreen.
Hmm... seems to do it for me though. I don't really use Derringer that much though but I'm pretty sure it does activate planeshift while its constantly hitting an enemy.
Goshi

Post by Goshi »

The new update for it added two things so now they're mentioned. These are the new mode which is relies on luck more than anything and a new character which I haven't unlocked yet but I was able to view via replay.
I.S.T.

Re: ST: Gundemonium Recollection

Post by I.S.T. »

Sorry to bump an ollllllllllllllllllllllllld topic, but I can't figure out how to get the MIMOSA Play Order. Anyone know how? I did a forum search, but could not find out how. =\
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

i cant spawn elixerel daath after following the facts, any help? ive only got died twice (lost two hearts). used no bombs either unless demonic shift counts as bomb? had 122 ability. tried on umlimited got hit like 6 times, 113 ability, but no luck :/
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

hmmm this game must be dead eh? so hard to get info about the PSN elixerel daath everywhere. the developers dont reply, and all the PR sales for Gunde like sara doesn't know either.
Goshi

Post by Goshi »

ArmoredCore wrote:i cant spawn elixerel daath after following the facts, any help? ive only got died twice (lost two hearts). used no bombs either unless demonic shift counts as bomb? had 122 ability. tried on umlimited got hit like 6 times, 113 ability, but no luck :/
From what I've tested you need exactly 100 ability. Going over doesn't make her spawn.
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

hmm ic, any tips to stay at 100 since we dont know til the end?can i do it on revised? thx for the tip.
Goshi

Post by Goshi »

ArmoredCore wrote:hmm ic, any tips to stay at 100 since we dont know til the end?can i do it on revised? thx for the tip.
It can be done on any difficulty.
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

thanks alot goshi, your the only one i can find for current help :). so how do i go about getting a 100 ability points on revised? i just cant see how to get exactly 100 ability points. i usually just do bunch of demonic shifts lose few lives along the way which varies each playthrough and get over 100 ability points. im looking for a patent way to spawn ths sucker, any further tips would help greatly. if you can specify which difficulty is easier to attempt this on i would appreciated thanks.
Last edited by ArmoredCore on Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

PSN version btw if its any different. sry
Sara

Post by Sara »

Goshi wrote:It can be done on any difficulty.
Your Phase Level has to be at least 5 at the time Daath would appear, so you can't do it in Novice.
Anything else goes, though.
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

thanks guys, i might quit on this lol, i dont know exactly how to get 100 ability point. im getting 98-up to 105 and never 100 abilities. how should i play my run is what im looking for thanks again.
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

bump
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

ArmoredCore wrote:bump
Goshi

Post by Goshi »

ArmoredCore wrote:
ArmoredCore wrote:bump
Stop bumping my thread =(

Read what I posted on ability level and just learn to control it. Geez.
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

you guys are wingin my questions on the ps3 version with pc version answers, i got 100 ability with no go. give us some video runs or something, i keep hearing stuff bout you guys giving vague answers towards ps3 version everywhere, if your not sure how to unlock TLB just say so instead of blasting out answers you just made up.
ArmoredCore

Post by ArmoredCore »

plus, do you think its easy to count all the things like onslaught during a shmup lol. plus other factors to keep track during a run