Blast City security/ kill switch.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Shuurin

Blast City security/ kill switch.

Post by Shuurin »

I'm not exactly sure what the common term for this is but I'll refer to it as a security switch. When I got my Blast City delivered I was informed of a switch in the bottom door where if the door is open the cab auto turns off. He mentioned briefly that other blast city owners online have fixes and usually detach it. Tried searching for a solution but without knowing the common referred issue name I haven't come up with much. Anyone got a link to the fix or know how to fix it themselves?
mesmer

Re: Blast City security/ kill switch.

Post by mesmer »

I unbolted and let it hang, and put a zip tie around it.
Thestreetzking

Post by Thestreetzking »

it sounds like a standard interlock switch, just detach and tape it down or something
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I was able to put a zip tie around it without unbolting it. The door still closes fine, and unless you stick your head in there you don't even notice. To return to stock, just cut the tie.
Shuurin

Post by Shuurin »

Ended up unscrewing it, the zip tie alone seemed to have a problem pressing the switch far enough. Added some cardboard then the zip tie, was causing issues closing the door so that was the main reason to unscrew it. Saved the screws in the coin box so I can just reattach it should I ever end up selling the cab.