Wanted: Psikyo Maintainance Codes for S1945-III & D-Blaz

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
PC Engine Fan X!

Wanted: Psikyo Maintainance Codes for S1945-III & D-Blaz

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

I'd like to get access to the X-22 fightercraft on the Psikyo Strikers 1945 III shmup and other cool miscelleanous access to hidden goodies in Psikyo's Cragon Blaze.

At my local movie theater, I could easily access the cool hidden "X-22" fightercraft by simply selecting the "?" mark and pushing up on the joystick before starting "Stage 1-1". Recently, the local vending company that owns the Strikers 1945-III arcade upright took it away for good...now I can't play it.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
PsikyoFan

Re: Wanted: Psikyo Maintainance Codes for S1945-III & D-

Post by PsikyoFan »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:I'd like to get access to the X-22 fightercraft on the Psikyo Strikers 1945 III shmup and other cool miscelleanous access to hidden goodies in Psikyo's Cragon Blaze.

At my local movie theater, I could easily access the cool hidden "X-22" fightercraft by simply selecting the "?" mark and pushing up on the joystick before starting "Stage 1-1". Recently, the local vending company that owns the Strikers 1945-III arcade upright took it away for good...now I can't play it.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
From the MAME source:

Code: Select all

--- Strikers 1945 III / S1999 ---

8-1-6-5-0 Maintenance Mode
8-1-6-1-0 All Data Initialised
1-2-3-4-5 Best Score Erased

[X-36]
0-1-9-9-9 Secret Command Enabled ["Up" on ?]
8-1-6-3-0 Secret Random Enabled
8-1-6-2-0 Secret All Disabled

--- Dragon Blaze ---

9-2-2-2-0 Maintenance Mode
9-2-2-1-0 All Data Initialised
1-2-3-4-5 Best Score Erased
PC Engine Fan X!

Thanks again for the cool maint. codes for the 2 games...

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Psikyo Fan,

Thanks again for the cool maintenance codes to the two Psikyo games...

I remember that it was you who first mentioned all the cool maintnenance codes for the Psikyo arcade PCBs and Mame Roms a couple years back on the old Shmups forum.

Heck, I still have my USA bios region Psikyo Gunbird PCB with the May 1995 rev. bios sticker on it...I wonder what so different about it compared to say, an original Japanese bios Gunbird PCB? (It does feature an "all English" text for the different characters' stories.) I remember that the USA version of Gunbird PCB did indeed first appear in U.S. arcades in May 1995 courtesy of Atlus USA.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~