Dangerous Seed

Ruldra

Dangerous Seed

Post by Ruldra »

Please post scores in the new high score thread. Thanks!

Welcome to the Dangerous Seed hi-score thread. Test your skills in this great, underappreciated Namco shooter.

The game consists of 8 stages and is split in two parts. In the first half, you'll have three different ships at your disposal; if you lose a ship, a stronger one will be available for you. Once you reach the second half of the game, all remaining ships will fuse together to become a big, powerful fighter. Beating the first half with all 3 ships alive is imporant, otherwise you won't be strong enough to tackle the remaining stages.

Post in the following format:
NAME - SCORE - STAGE REACHED
Arcade:

Code: Select all

1. saucykobold - 3,362,750 - ALL
2. Ruldra      - 3,339,800 - ALL
3. Ed Oscuro   -   699,450 - 5-M
Mega Drive:

Code: Select all

1. RiverRaider - 1,015,800 - ALL
2. Ed Oscuro   -   903,650 - 12-B
Last edited by Ruldra on Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 6 times in total.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Ruldra

Re: Dangerous Seed

Post by Ruldra »

I've been waiting for a long time for someone to come up with this thread, but apparently few people are aware of this shmup. So I'll step up to the task.

Ruldra - 3,339,800 - ALL

Replay here: http://www.youtube.com/user/RuldraRepla ... 1E156D1C28

I let the 7th boss escape, and finish the game with only 3 health remaining. There's potential for a 4,5mil score there.
mastermx wrote:
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

I just wanted to observe that this game has a glaring lack of Julie Christie.

I'll give it a shot soon.

Update with score:

Ed Oscuro - 383,300 - 4T

So there's a half hour's worth of play via MAME Plus. Hmm, I survived the third boss the first time I got to it with just one bar of health. Kind of a silly design that one. The second boss is trouble though.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Ed Oscuro - 699,450 - 5M

What kills me is how crappy the first ship is. For this score, I sacrificed the first ship at the beginning of the game (well, after taking in about 5K points) and then went through the rest of the first half of the game with the second ship. I know I can do most of the stages with that first ship but it's tough. I've tried using the second + third ship combo to take on the fifth stage, though, and it just doesn't work.
RiverRaider

Post by RiverRaider »

Mega Drive

RiverRaider - 1,015,800 - Normal - All
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Another Mega Drive lol score.

Ed Oscuro 903,650 - Normal - 12B
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

Arcade
saucykobold - 911,750 - 6-J
saucykobold

Re: Hope your next trial. See you.

Post by saucykobold »

I found something interesting recently. The sixth boss (Shark-Mouth) flew away before I could kill it. This sent me to an alternate seventh level where I fought Shark-Mouth and Twin-Claw in a combined form. I searched around a bit and found that there are two more alternate stages, each with their own combined boss.

Nico vid and pics

Arcade
saucykobold - 3,362,750 - ALL

Didn't fool around with alternate stages in this run (though I did time out Twin-Claw).
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Shark-Mouth times out really fast, that's why I bomb the hell out of him. But, IIRC Shark-Mouth + Twin Claw is easier to kill than Twin Claw alone.
mastermx wrote:
Skyknight

Post by Skyknight »

After seeing the Megadrive replays, I'm wondering if that alternate boss option even exists in that version, simply because Ultimate Tiger, Strike Mantis, and Hunter Snail sound like just such composite bosses. In other words, the Megadrive version "simplifies" matters by letting you take on the composites while inside Danger Seed, without having to let bosses escape.

So basically, Triple Eye, Roller Snail, and Shark Mouth need to be allowed to escape (although that leaves the question of where Ultimate Tiger's snout is coming from, since it looks like Multi Squid's). Maybe these composites award more points than the two relevant normal bosses combined?

Edit: And now, actually getting to see the video, I see that in the arcade, it's only the post-tube bosses you can do this with. Might be worth seeing which is worth the most boss points--Multi-Squid/Shark-Mouth/Twin-Claw, Multi-Squid/Monster-Mouth, Monster-Head/Twin-Claw, or Ultimate-Tiger. Although I don't see any plays that show Twin-Claw being felled, I'll guess that it's worth 80,000, on top of the usual 60,000 for landing the killing blow on an orbit boss. Long story short: The best point payout for bosses appears to be to allow Multi-Squid to escape, but not Monster-Head, and then go on to bring down Twin-Claw. (Popcorn enemy payout may be a different story...)