RQ: Raiden II extends

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
burgerkingdiamond

RQ: Raiden II extends

Post by burgerkingdiamond »

I just got my Raiden II pcb and I have all the dip switches set to off except for screen flip because I don't want to bother pulling out my monitor and 'tating to the other way.

So my settings are Normal difficulty, and 3 lives.

My question is what are the extends? I have made it all the way to 700K without getting an extend. This doesn't just doesn't seem right, but I can't find any settings or other information that will tell me at what points do you get another ship. I could probably 1CC this game relatively easily if I had more than 3 ships....

<modified the thread title in accordance with strategy section guidelines -inc>
Let's Ass Kick Together!
1CCs : Donpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Dodonpachi (PCB - 1st loop) Battle Bakraid (PCB) Armed Police Batrider (PCB) Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 (360 - Original) Mushihimesama Futari BL (PCB - Original)
tinotormed

Re: RQ: Raiden II extends

Post by tinotormed »

Actually, there are no extends on Raiden II, but you can find extra lives on these stages. To get the extends, you have to do the following:

Stage 3:
Right before getting out of the dock, you would see a grey box to the left. Don't shoot it and let one tank ram on it. Grab the 1up that appears.

Stage 6:
Destroy the diamond surrounded by turrets before it reaches half the bottom, and grab the 1up.

That's it. :)
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
Despatche

Re: RQ: Raiden II extends

Post by Despatche »

Getting the stage 6 1UP is a bit more complicated, only now did I bother to look it up.

When you do enough damage, the crystal takes off at crazy speed. If you can destroy it in this timeframe, you'll get the 1UP. It's recommended to have a red bomb for this, but maybe there's a better way.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!