Street Fighter SE parts check

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Deca

Street Fighter SE parts check

Post by Deca »

I just wanted to double check here before ordering my parts, planning to replace my JLF with an LS32 and my buttons with Seimitsus as well.

The stick that will easily drop into the SF4 SE stick is the LS-32-01, right? And I heard that the screw-in 30mm Seimitsu buttons will all fit into the stick fine since they have lower profile nuts than the Sanwas, is that true? Just want to make sure I have everything in order and no surprises.

Was planning to order through Lizardlick, how is their service and shipping?
1CC List To miss is human; to rank control, divine.
“Fly to live and shoot ‘em all!” – Manabu Namiki
drunkninja24

Re: Street Fighter SE parts check

Post by drunkninja24 »

Yep, I have a SE modded with a LS-32-01 and Seimitsu screw-in buttons (PS-14-KN in my case). Works fine.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Just make sure you get the correct mounting plates for the LS-32-01. It might be worth asking Lizard Lick as well, as I'm sure they've sold mod parts for quite a few SF SE sticks by now.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

The stock mounting plate works..... I work at lizardlick. I put one in a SE for a friend a few weeks back.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
Deca

Post by Deca »

Just placed the order. Can't wait to get these parts in my stick, ever since I got my hands on Sonic R's LS32 the JLF hasn't felt right at all for shooters.

Any idea what kind of shipping time to expect with USPS out in Michigan?
Matsunaga

Post by Matsunaga »

Lizard Lick always ships super-fast to me, should be less than a week. I put a LS-56 in my SE, it's great. Make sure you rotate the PCB on the ls-32 and plug the wiring harness in upside-down.
“What did I had done!”
Deca

Post by Deca »

Parts arrived today and have been installed, haven't had a chance to test yet.

First thing I've noticed is that there's a fair amount of play around center stick, noticeably more than with the JLF. Also when the stick hits the gate, if I push it a bit further it will lift the stick a bit and move a little further, are both of these things normal with the ls32?

At any rate I'm pretty happy with how everything looks, motivation to take care of this ugly street fighter art :p
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

Deca wrote:Parts arrived today and have been installed, haven't had a chance to test yet.

First thing I've noticed is that there's a fair amount of play around center stick, noticeably more than with the JLF. Also when the stick hits the gate, if I push it a bit further it will lift the stick a bit and move a little further, are both of these things normal with the ls32?

At any rate I'm pretty happy with how everything looks, motivation to take care of this ugly street fighter art :p
Yeah, the LS-32 has more deadzone, and the "lift" you get when you push all the way to the edge is normal.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Lizardlick is the only place I order parts from most of the time. Super fast shipping, like in the next couple of days usually. I once didn't receive a part, and when I inquired it was shipped to me like three days later. Great company and super nice. I would lick their lizard.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

We have no lizards currently in stock
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
drauch

Post by drauch »

Strider77 wrote:We have no lizards currently in stock
Well, I never!
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
PsychoGun
Banned User

Post by PsychoGun »

I just got an LS-32-01 from lizardlick and everything is drop in for the madcatz sticks.

Just wish the shaft covers fit, not a fan of the chrome clashing with my stick colors.
man9child

Post by man9child »

Anyone know if flat Seimitsu mounting plates work in a Madcatz SE? I just traded for an LS-40 with a flat plate and I'm curious if I'll need to borrow an S-Plate from my LS-32 for it.
marus

Post by marus »

It'll work with the flat plate, but the stick will be mounted lower than normal.