RQ: Raiden Fighters 2 Operation Hell Dive -scoring

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
dpful

RQ: Raiden Fighters 2 Operation Hell Dive -scoring

Post by dpful »

1. I can't figure out how the medals work. I know they come in increasing value like in Battle Garegga, but is there more to it than that? Sometimes mine reset when I didn't think I missed one (must have missed one?). And sometimes, they will turn into the huge gold bars and I don't know how it happens.

2. Does anyone know scoring tips for this game? The few I've found are a miclus in the first building at the air-base level, a truck that runs into a tank for another one, and I found a fairy on the train once but can't remember how.

It's a great game, I want to have more fun.
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

RF2 does have a feature that Ibara later added to the Garegga medal system. Before you can raise your medal value to the next step, you must have no medals on screen.

If there are any 4000 pt. medals around and you shoot something creating another medal, it'll be another 4000 - even if you've picked up a 4000 already. To get to 5000, you've got to get all the 4000s picked up.

If you get each of the 3 medal values- 10s (no slaves), 100s (1 slave), and 1000s (2 slaves)- up to its 9x multiple, then you can get the gold bars to come out. Get 9 of these gold bars on the screen at once and they explode. After that, you can raise the gold bars' value up to 100000.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
dpful

Post by dpful »

Thanks!
So I guess my medals will go down if I loose a slave.
Rastan78

Post by Rastan78 »

There's a guide to all secrets locations on Gamefaqs.com Done by Lynx I think. Might also want to check my high score thread since there was some strategy discussion in there a while back.
Skykid

Re: RQ: Raiden Fighters 2 Operation Hell Dive -scoring

Post by Skykid »

Much needed bump for this weeks STGT.

We could do with fleshing out this scoring guide a bit anyway, so please share some tips if you got em. I'm not sure how to trigger the miclus for bonus medals, any help would be appreciated.
gameoverDude wrote:RF2 does have a feature that Ibara later added to the Garegga medal system. Before you can raise your medal value to the next step, you must have no medals on screen.

If there are any 4000 pt. medals around and you shoot something creating another medal, it'll be another 4000 - even if you've picked up a 4000 already. To get to 5000, you've got to get all the 4000s picked up.

If you get each of the 3 medal values- 10s (no slaves), 100s (1 slave), and 1000s (2 slaves)- up to its 9x multiple, then you can get the gold bars to come out. Get 9 of these gold bars on the screen at once and they explode. After that, you can raise the gold bars' value up to 100000.

This sounds so much like Cyvern it's crazy (apart from the slaves adding score multipliers of course.)
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

Skykid wrote:I'm not sure how to trigger the miclus for bonus medals, any help would be appreciated.
Here's an extremely handy resource. :)
http://rf-emporium.ghegs.com/rf2/index.html
1up

Post by 1up »

how do I get gold bars to come out? Its driving me crazy.

I usually start with the swamp level and slowly build up my medal value. I end the stage with 9k medals and both slaves. In the airports stage I shoot the crap out of the first Miclus to get 9x 9k medals on screen, but nothing happens?
Shelltoon

Post by Shelltoon »

1up wrote:how do I get gold bars to come out? Its driving me crazy.

I usually start with the swamp level and slowly build up my medal value. I end the stage with 9k medals and both slaves. In the airports stage I shoot the crap out of the first Miclus to get 9x 9k medals on screen, but nothing happens?
You have to max out each of the values. So you need to find your first Miclus and max medals at 90. After getting your first slave, find the next Miclus and raise the value to 900. Find another Miclus and raise that to 9000. Only then will you find the gold bars. Once nine of those are on screen at once, they explode into 100,000 point medals.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

So, I'm coming up against a scoring wall in Operation Hell Dive. I'm trying to keep the 100,000 medals going. At Stage 3 (surprise, surprise) I can keep them going until right after the 3rd blue creature. It seems like I keep missing something that drops me back down to 10,000. So, I guess the questions I have are:

1. Once you have the 100,000 medal level, what do you have to explicitly do to keep the medal chain going?
2. Is there a particular thing I need to blow up or medal i need to collect at this point to keep it going? Right after I get the 3rd blue guy after hovering over that first set of tanks, i go right and get the bottom part of that right train and its medals, then i quickly work over to the train on the left side and try to collect all of the medals while it rides under me. Seems like whenever I do this, some of the medals invariably get away from me. I'll hover right over the train and shoot as fast as I can and some medals still get away.

Anyway, what do I DO?!
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

finisherr wrote:So, I'm coming up against a scoring wall in Operation Hell Dive. I'm trying to keep the 100,000 medals going. At Stage 3 (surprise, surprise) I can keep them going until right after the 3rd blue creature. It seems like I keep missing something that drops me back down to 10,000. So, I guess the questions I have are:

1. Once you have the 100,000 medal level, what do you have to explicitly do to keep the medal chain going?
2. Is there a particular thing I need to blow up or medal i need to collect at this point to keep it going? Right after I get the 3rd blue guy after hovering over that first set of tanks, i go right and get the bottom part of that right train and its medals, then i quickly work over to the train on the left side and try to collect all of the medals while it rides under me. Seems like whenever I do this, some of the medals invariably get away from me. I'll hover right over the train and shoot as fast as I can and some medals still get away.

Anyway, what do I DO?!
1. Whatever you do, don't let a single medal fall off the bottom of the screen!
2. If you want to keep the 100k medal chain going, try to destroy some tanks that carry those, the blue enemy planes, or any huge enemy vessel to reveal most of the medals. Also try to remember where most of the Miclus locations will pop up. If you want to know more, go to this site: http://rf-emporium.ghegs.com/rf2/secrets2.htm
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!