RQ: ESPGaluda (PS2) Stage 2 boss

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
RNGmaster

RQ: ESPGaluda (PS2) Stage 2 boss

Post by RNGmaster »

Strategies for the last pattern? It's probably my biggest obstacle to a 1cc. I can't Kakusei through it, since it seems like the pattern automatically moves me to Over regardless of how many gems I have (this might be a glitch). I hate losing lives to a Stage 2 pattern, but no matter how I try to bypass it I fail. Paths? Halp?

<mod edit: changed thread from SD to RQ. A request for a strategy demonstration is still a request for information. :) -inc.>
Mero

Re: SD: ESPGaluda (PS2) Stage 2 boss

Post by Mero »

I'm totally shit at this game but I can tell you how to survive this. I normal stay on the right side of the screen and hit the right 'arm' of the boss whilst destroying as many of those round bullet generating things as I can so that I don't get overwhelmed. As long as you keep destroying them there should always be space to move into and as long as you keep hitting the boss the fight should be over pretty quickly.
freddiebamboo

Re: RQ: ESPGaluda (PS2) Stage 2 boss

Post by freddiebamboo »

IIRC I always found the final pattern easier by using the Kakusei Overmode on it until the last second and then switching out to get the green gems for the start of stage 3. Obviously the pattern moves much faster but the pods it drops are easily stopped and the increase in speed creates far more space to dodge between the bullets.

Also, the destructable parts of the boss are what's running your Kakusei meter down very quickly which makes saving up Kakusei for this attack a bit of a waste. Ideally, you'll want to convert bullets on the first from, gems for the second and then just dodge the final form (focussing on the destructable pod things will make it easier) and convert the bullets at the last moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epCLdKRn ... re=related

Or just bomb it as I'm pretty sure there is one of those bomb energy pick ups halfway through stage 3 so no great loss (been ages since I played though, so could be wrong here) :wink:
Icarus

Re: RQ: ESPGaluda (PS2) Stage 2 boss

Post by Icarus »

That YouTube vid is quite blurry, and there's a much better quality version of it here:
http://bigcore.rsdio.com/icarus/espgalu ... _30big.avi

For technique, you can use the minimal amount of gems to score off the first form, then gather more gems off the second form. For the third form, you will need to Laser your way through the pods, and when you get close to destroying it, switch to Shot and push your way up towards it and through a row of pods, switching to Kakusei Mode to destroy it and score points. Tricky, but becomes quite easy once you get the hang of timing each form.