i would enjoy help on light gun games and arcade

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
drauch

i would enjoy help on light gun games and arcade

Post by drauch »

Hey ya'll, I have a question that has been begging to be scratched. I was curious if I was to get a light gun game PCB like Area 51, or Carnevil, or something like that, how I could play it without owning a dedicated cab. Is there a way to play these things on a super gun device or anything like that. Are light guns universal to most light gun games? Thanks for the help.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
drunkninja24

Re: i would enjoy help on light gun games and arcade

Post by drunkninja24 »

From what I understand, light gun games typically have a separate connector for the gun. If you buy one, you can use it on others, you just need the appropriate adapter:

http://www.happcontrols.com/amusement/o ... 067000.htm
drauch

Post by drauch »

Ahhhh, thanks Torrey. I would love to own Carnevil or Crypt killer with a light gun shotgun...would be too cool. Maybe some day.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
Thestreetzking

Post by Thestreetzking »

just jumping in here sorry if its late, I own a couple gun pcbs and the gun connectors are usually on the board. At least in terms of area 51, maximum force, zero point, lethal enforcers and a couples others. So plug the board into the supergun and plug the guns into the spots on the pcb. Some games do use a seperate board where the guns would go but you dont need anything on top of the supergun. (however some newer gun games use sensors and I have no idea where they hook up)

The happ 45 cal. guns are pretty universal (the connectors are 4 pin) however area 51 and max force require different ones, you can easily make modding the adapters on the happ website

Also note carnevil uses the shotguns not pistols