[TGS] Radiant Silvergun coming to XBLA

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
dcharlie

[TGS] Radiant Silvergun coming to XBLA

Post by dcharlie »

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/0 ... _briefing/

(Mod Edit - merged the later thread with more replies into the first thread posted)
"I've asked 2 experts on taking RGB screenshots...."
njiska

Raidant Silvergun, XBLA, Spring 2011

Post by njiska »

Just announced at the MS TGS presser, Treasure will be bringing Radiant Silvergun to Xbox Live Arcade, with online co-op and an HD upgrade. No more details as of yet.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/15/radia ... g-on-xbla/
Last edited by njiska on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.
Battlesmurf

Re: Raidant Silvergun, XBLA, Spring 2011

Post by Battlesmurf »

haha. I came here to post this.

That being said- I appreciate "upgraded graphics" but I would also strongly STRONGLY appreciate the ability to use the original ones as well.
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Hear that? That's the sound of dozens of copies of RSG all hitting eBay at once. :p
njiska

Post by njiska »

Udderdude wrote:Hear that? That's the sound of dozens of copies of RSG all hitting eBay at once. :p
Ha and maybe in about 6 months I could actually afford one.
Look at our friendly members:
MX7 wrote:I'm not a fan of a racist, gun nut brony puking his odious and uninformed arguments over every thread that comes up.
Drum wrote:He's also a pederast. Presumably.
Rai82

Post by Rai82 »

In other news Steel Battalion is back, under the name Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor for Kinect.
Last edited by Rai82 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
dsheinem

Post by dsheinem »

I just bought the Saturn version last week. Oh well - I bet it still retains most of its value.
cj iwakura

Post by cj iwakura »

I can't wait to buy the Saturn version when the value plummets.
heli wrote:Why is milestone director in prison ?, are his game to difficult ?
innerpattern

Post by innerpattern »

why couldn't it have been Gradius V. oh well
Vexorg

Re: [TGS] Radiant Silvergun coming to XBLA

Post by Vexorg »

"Radiant Silvergun" is currently sitting at the top of the trending topics list on Twitter, at least locally. Apparently more people have been waiting for this than we thought...
We want you, save our planet!
Xbox Live: Vexorg | The Sledgehammer - Version 2.0
mortified_penguin

Post by mortified_penguin »

Rai82 wrote: In other news Steel Battalion is back, under the name Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor for Kinect.
They found literally the only way in the entire world to make me want kinect. :x
xris

Post by xris »

I wonder how long MS hounded Treasure for this. It only took 4 years for the official announcement. Really looking forward to seeing the new graphic update, RS looks chunky as hell nowa days. As long as it still has all of the super cool voice overs this would be sweet. Wait, could those be in English please (or, which ever language you would like). This is going to be a high profile game for them, I can see them bragging about how this will be the first time to be published out side of Japan. I wonder what the hell they mean by "Ikaruga Mode", has to be some kind of colour switch/absorb mechanic. This is pretty big news, and solid proof that shmups are now a viable genre once again.
NOW WHERE IS RS3!!
dcharlie

Post by dcharlie »

They found literally the only way in the entire world to make me want kinect.
lol, thought exactly the same. Had no interest... then SB ... Capcom + From Software.

So hopefully it's partially Chromehounds 2 in disguise!
"I've asked 2 experts on taking RGB screenshots...."
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

I hope for 3 things.

1) Original graphics mode as an option.
2) The price of STV carts becomes more affordable
3) That shmups continue their neat little period of being released. It's been a great few months as far as announcements and releases go!
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
hirounder

Post by hirounder »

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfakyXCo_mY

Good to see Treasure back on 360 track with Bangai-O HD and now RS XBLA, there's hope we might be getting that original new shooter from them after all....
chempop

Post by chempop »

So... there is a God after all! I own it on SAT, but this is going to be big. Perhaps it will foreshadow a RS3 anouncement.
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
PsychoGun
Banned User

Post by PsychoGun »

The most overrated game EVER.

I'll buy it, but I'd rather have Dangun Feveron.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

PsychoGun wrote:I'll buy it, but I'd rather have Dangun Feveron.
Apparently Cave's working on it, so no reason to complain.

On topic, glad as I am to see this released, I do wonder how many people will be a bit shell-shocked when they finally get to play this...RSG is definitely not a "beginner-friendly" sort of shmup. Something tells me Treasure is going to be making some adjustments to any "non-arcade" modes they include if they don't want to be shouted down from all sides...
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

chempop wrote:So... there is a God after all! I own it on SAT, but this is going to be big. Perhaps it will foreshadow a RS3 anouncement.
Never. RS3, if it ever materializes is a far more intriguing prospect than 1 being converted to another platform. It's good news for people without a Saturn, good computer for emulation, or ST-V arcade and who have a 360 with harddrive. As for myself, no 360 here but I am still interested to see how it turns out, so far the trailer was ok.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

Alien Soldier didn't drop in value when it came out on the Virtual Console. However, I am glad that people won't have to pay over 150 bucks to find out how FSCKING frustrating Radiant SilverF**k is.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
nem

Post by nem »

That music

Wasn't really impressed with the video to be honest. I was hoping for more of an update on the graphical side (higher quality textures for one)

Still, great that it is finally coming. It will be panned by everyone, though. The game is hard.
Acid King

Post by Acid King »

BulletMagnet wrote:
On topic, glad as I am to see this released, I do wonder how many people will be a bit shell-shocked when they finally get to play this...RSG is definitely not a "beginner-friendly" sort of shmup. Something tells me Treasure is going to be making some adjustments to any "non-arcade" modes they include if they don't want to be shouted down from all sides...
I could see that being the case if they decided to not port Saturn mode, but I see no reason that they wouldn't. Giving newbies a Saturn type mode where their weapons stayed levelled when they restart gives them a better chance at surviving and it gives them incentive to keep playing in order to max their weapons out. Take this quote from Gamespot's review of the Saturn game for example.
Treasure has implemented an interesting way to compensate for the extreme difficulty of this game. Instead of offering power-ups, your weapons gain power like you gain experience points in an RPG. The more you play in Saturn mode, the stronger your weapons get. When you finish the game, it will prompt you to save your status. The next time you play, your weapons will be powered up at the same level as when you last played. For example, at level 1, your guns are only moderately effective against the larger bosses, but at level 32 your guns are knocking them out of the sky so fast it makes your head spin. This enhances the incentive to play the game after you've beaten it: There's nothing better than some serious firepower.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
Ebbo

Post by Ebbo »

Finally! I've been waiting for this port. Many people seem to consider RS overrated (although I'm not exactly sure which one people hate more: the game itself or its almost god-like reputation) but I really want to experience it by myself. I enjoyed Ikaruga wholeheartedly and it too has pretty mixed reception around here... So maybe I'll end up liking RS as well. Even if I won't, atleast I don't have to pay +200 dollars for it.
EPS21

Post by EPS21 »

xris wrote:I wonder what the hell they mean by "Ikaruga Mode", has to be some kind of colour switch/absorb mechanic
Oh shit, they just namedropped an Ikaruga mode, this is going to guarantee positive reviews from gamespot and the like.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

The most overrated game EVER.
Hardly... that would be GTA and madden. I'll gladly live in a world where RSG is overrated.
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Even if RSG turns out to pale in comparison to my other favorites, at least it'll finally be in a form that doesn't cost my soul.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Just sold my Saturn collection, so it'll be nice to play this again on the cheap.
Even though the actual act of "playing Silvergun" generally involves "sticking a red-hot fork into my eye and twisting rapidly".
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

Ikaruga's still better....had to get that out of the way.

Anyway, I REALLY hope that you can adjust the ship's speed, like in the Saturn version's extra options. Oh, and that you can select "Arcade" mode too.

That ship's too slow, and sometimes i'm not in the mood to play the whole game. It's really long.

You know, with Ikaruga and RSG on XBLA, and causing such stirs amongst the fandom, you'd think they might get Iuchi back to make another one. Come on guys!

If there is a better quality trailer out there, please some one post it. It looks way too murky at 360 for me to get much from it.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Well hot damn, it's about time. Would really like the option for original graphics as well...
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
evil_ash_xero

Post by evil_ash_xero »

drauch wrote:Well hot damn, it's about time. Would really like the option for original graphics as well...
They'd probably look tragic at 480. Unless a filter was applied...