Videon Omega HDP image distortion

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
gundamalpha

Videon Omega HDP image distortion

Post by gundamalpha »

This is what I get from 240p

And this is what I get from 480i

The monitor's menu display also get distorted regardless of 240p/480i from the VOH, while displays from other sources eg. laptop, XRGB, DC VGA didn't get any distortion. Any idea what's causing this and suggested solution? Thanks.
ZOM

Re: Videon Omega HDP image distortion

Post by ZOM »

The Omega HDP should be the equivalent of the Vigatec FX2+, right? I have a FX2+ and don't experience that problem.
Also, that screen looks almost identical to the "bug" found in some of the Spatz products... I've read somewhere that it's a firmware issue.
Did that unit work flawlessly at some point, or did you always expierence this with 240p sources?

Anyways, If it's the same problem, I believe there's not much you can do about it without fixing the firmware.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

@gundamalpha: what are you refering to ? the misplaced pixels (e.g. on the capital S in the menus) ?
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

I get something similar with Fantasy Zone collection set to 240p with my XRGB-3. I think it's how the text is rendered in game, not the upscaler.
gundamalpha

Post by gundamalpha »

When running on 240p the whole image is distorted, especially when you compare the vertical border white line on the frame in this case. 480i also have distorted image but it's less visible unless you sit very close to the display.

The unit was working great until I accidentally reset the unit.
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

Have you tried switching the auto AGC gain off? I know that setting doesn't have much to do with this, but sometimes you can lower distortions coming from bright sources.

Also worth trying is switching the sync polarity.
gundamalpha

Post by gundamalpha »

ZOM wrote:Have you tried switching the auto AGC gain off? I know that setting doesn't have much to do with this, but sometimes you can lower distortions coming from bright sources.

Also worth trying is switching the sync polarity.
Yeah, I have tried everything I can access on that unit, still no idea what went wrong :?
ZOM

Post by ZOM »

Tried with a different PSU?