SNES Japanese/NTSC to PAL cart converter?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
TidusBlade

SNES Japanese/NTSC to PAL cart converter?

Post by TidusBlade »

Ok, not exactly shmup talk but I wanna use it to play shmups so close enough :P

Anyways, I recently got my hands on a PAL SNES and been enjoying it, don't have much yet but Street Fighter II and Super Mario World (Yes, I'm embarrassed to say I've never finished it <_<) are keeping me busy. I originally got it for the RPG's which are mainly for NTSC and Japanese consoles (And now for shmups as well which seem to suffer from the same problem), so now I need to get myself a converter. I found a nice listing for a couple of Japanese carts (DQV, FFV and SD2) for really cheap so I grabbed it and bought the Fire SNES converter (Europe version it says) but sadly my excitement was for nothing since the thing didn't work, I tried everything except cleaning the console (waiting on those screwdrivers) but I'm pretty sure the thing doesn't work. Seller claims it does and some posts around the interwebs say it doesn't as much as it does so I guess it's a pretty hit or miss thing.

It's the one that looks like this. Mine just has different art on the box but I doubt it makes a difference...

Anyways, I'm still looking for a SNES converter, the important thing is that it does Japanese to PAL but having NTSC would be nice. I've read about the breaking off the pins thing but I think that was only others to NTSC (Could be wrong though...). Seeing as there seem to be tons of knowledgeable people here, though I'd ask :D For now, I read that Action Replay for the SNES is also a great converter so I'm thinking of getting one and read the same thing about the honeybee converter but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Thanks ^^

tl;dr version: Random guy looking for a SNES Japanese/NTSC to PAL converter other than the Fire brand one.

//EDIT: Ok well I finally got my Action Replay for the SNES and it works perfectly, only took a minute to figure it out too! Only one that didn't work was Seiken Densetsu II which told me it's not for my SNES but oh well, at least I can play the others. Doubt anyone cares but if you're looking for a converter, try Action Replay ;)