RQ: Crimzon Clover Trial

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
RNGmaster

RQ: Crimzon Clover Trial

Post by RNGmaster »

How do I score? I can't break 10 oku by the end of the first stage, but I've seen plays of someone with more than twice that. How do the mechanics work?

Got to Stage 3 (Stage 2 is finally coming together) and it's all like :twisted: screw you, buddy. Where has my streaming gone? Awesome fun, though.
Subterranean Sun

Re: RQ: Crimzon Clover Trial

Post by Subterranean Sun »

Do not get hit.
Do NOT get hit.
Do NOT get hit. EVER.
Do not use bomb.
Kill enemy with a full-lock whenever possible.
Break in the correct place.
Be damn sure you finished the boss when you are breaking, and with a full-lock.

And you might want take a look at this video.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

This one is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmhJ65xkF_s

It's possible to get 60 oku on the first stage but I haven't managed to record it yet. Maybe possible to get more for all I know.

Killing with full lock is really important as you get an extra 1.5x bonus to your Break Rate gain when you have a full lock. Keep in mind the game makes a special sound when you've hit full lock, but the number of locks you need changes as you 'level up'.

Point Blanking with shot in normal mode builds up your Break Meter faster. Likewise, point blanking with shot in Break Mode builds up your Break Rate faster. This is especially important on large enemies that are invincible while coming on screen (shield ships in the first stage, I think the big flowers in stage 3?).

In many parts of the game, the faster you kill certain enemies, the more show up. In Stage 1, killing the shield ships fast makes more of them show up. At the bridge (where the screen stops moving forward), the faster you kill the groups the more of them show up. Same with the section afterwards, if you kill enough of the large groups of enemies, you'll get more waves of them.

Activating Break Mode cancels all of the bullets on the screen and builds your Break Rate accordingly. Killing something that bullet cancels also adds to your Break Rate of course. You always want to kill bosses bits/forms in Break Mode to cash in on the big points.

And yes, the most important part is to not die and not bomb, both of these will rape your Break Rate and thus your score.

Also of note, the value of your Lock Shot when entering/leaving Break Mode is based on what mode you are in when the lasers actually hit, not when you fire them. So you can sort of 'recharge' your Break Meter by firing the lock shot right as you leave Break Mode, but you will only get your normal multiplier of course.
RNGmaster

Post by RNGmaster »

By the way, what specifically do the green numbers do to score? Do they jack up multiplier or increase the value of points?