RQ: Espgaluda 2 (iPhone) Boss 6 Trouble

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Caputt-mattes

RQ: Espgaluda 2 (iPhone) Boss 6 Trouble

Post by Caputt-mattes »

Hey there!

Hope this request isn't too basic, but i couldn't find any clue via google or search-function.

I have a lot of trouble with Boss 6 - I do neither understand how to actually harm her during her final phase, nor could I unlock the achievement for it. I'm Shooting, dodging, switching, dying - and after a few minutes her lifebar depletes completely (and fast, As well!), then She screams, bleeds and dies. :(
CStarFlare

Re: RQ: Espgaluda 2 (iPhone) Boss 6 Trouble

Post by CStarFlare »

Sounds like she's timing out.

The boss has a shield that goes up whenever you use your barrier or die and doesn't go away right away until around her attacks have fully resumed. My guess is you're dying/barrier too close to each other and this shield never really goes down long enough for you to do any real damage. The only real solution is to dodge as much as you can and only use your barrier when you feel overwhelmed. If you use it too much you don't do any damage before you die anyway.

(I'm assuming this is iPhone mode? In Arcade mode Asagi does pretty sick damage when in kakusei/awakened mode, so be sure to take advantage of that. Don't know if you do much damage with your tap attack in iPhone mode though)
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Caputt-mattes

Re: RQ: Espgaluda 2 (iPhone) Boss 6 Trouble

Post by Caputt-mattes »

Thanks a lot! That did it :) I was playing Arcade mode, will check iPhone mode next, so I can't tell anything about her in iPhone-mode yet, sorry.