Final Soldier 2min
Opethian - 611,500

5 min
Opethain - 1,906,500
2min Gunhed Taikai
Opethian - 323,380

5min Gunhed Taikai
Opethian - 829,240
Last edited by Opethian on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luciole

Re: Caravan Games

Post by Luciole »

Hi! :D

My score on Final Soldier!

For Fans Caravan Game and other on PC Engine go to see high score on :arrow:
[url=httsp://forum.necstasy.net/viewforum.php?f=14]Necstasy High Score[/url]
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

Recca Score Attack
Momijitsuki - 445,925

:D
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Nexzr Score Attack
mjclark - 399,540

RiverRaider

Post by RiverRaider »

Spriggan - Time Attack
RiverRaider - 3:34:85
shadowbringer

Post by shadowbringer »

Recca (Summer Carnival '92)
Score Attack

shadowbringer - 525,669

did it some days ago, don't feel like trying to improve it even though there was still potential (collided with the boss 2 times, I think, and missed charge time and lots of bullets, missed some enemies in the middle and the final part of the stage, may have missed one of the medal-carrying turrets at the middle, right before the two missile-stream-spamming enemies)
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

Time Attack
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu22 ... 1280001551
4:26:88

Score Attack
http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu22 ... 1279677968

Recca, on actual hardware (cartridge)
Score attack: Battlesmurf - 460,997
Time Attack: Battlesmurf - 4:26:88
My trade/wanted list
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1135521

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

Haha- I didn't realize the last time this thread was edited was in 2009. Is there a newer thread I missed somewhere?
My trade/wanted list

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
lgb

Post by lgb »

Would a set of Soldier Force boards be appropriate here? I know it's just the main stages carved into chunks, but
nZero

Post by nZero »

Battlesmurf wrote:Haha- I didn't realize the last time this thread was edited was in 2009. Is there a newer thread I missed somewhere?
I think that's just an artifact from when the forum was upgraded to PHPBB3. Ghegs is definitely on top of keeping this one up to date.
Battlesmurf

Post by Battlesmurf »

:D Thank you!
My trade/wanted list

Twitch.tv/RedHotHero
PsychoGun
Banned User

Post by PsychoGun »

Soldier Blade:

5 Minute
PsychoGun - 1,145,900
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

lgb wrote:Would a set of Soldier Force boards be appropriate here? I know it's just the main stages carved into chunks, but
Yes, yes, yes :D
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

mjclark wrote:
lgb wrote:Would a set of Soldier Force boards be appropriate here? I know it's just the main stages carved into chunks, but
Yes, yes, yes :D
No, no, no. This was actually covered elsewhere, but just to make it official: I won't be taking Soldier Force scores here because there's over a dozen caravan stages in that game and it's just way too much cumbersome to include them for just one or two score entries for each. See if Khoa will take 'em.

And while nZero is right that the main post's update date is bonkers, I'm not exactly on top of keeping the lists up to date. Due to the amount of games and scores it's bit of a hassle updating the lists (I have it all in an external .txt file that's formatted in a very specific way so as not to break the tables) so I tend to wait until there's at least a couple scores needing to be updated. But I get it done eventually. And hey, we're all up-to-date at the moment!
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

Summer Carnival '92 Recca

Score Attack - 475,213
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

Soldier Blade - 5 Minutes

tinotormed - 1,426,500

Replay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu-Q0NdmUfM
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

What is the "Star Soldier Special Version" that's on the scoreboard here? I know the original Star Soldier doesn't have a 2 minute mode and that the timed Caravan stages first appeared in Hector, and I can't find any info on a Star Soldier special version...anywhere!
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

There is a version of Star Soldier that, much like the Special Versions of PCE's Soldier games, lacks the normal game but has two- and five-minute modes. This one also has a "Rapid Measurement"-mode which records how many shots you can fire within a limited time.

The cart (or a slightly different version of it, anyway) is mentioned here along with a bunch of other rare/special Famicom carts. There are few other pages out there but those won't be linked here.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Ghegs wrote:There is a version of Star Soldier that, much like the Special Versions of PCE's Soldier games, lacks the normal game but has two- and five-minute modes. This one also has a "Rapid Measurement"-mode which records how many shots you can fire within a limited time.

The cart (or a slightly different version of it, anyway) is mentioned here along with a bunch of other rare/special Famicom carts. There are few other pages out there but those won't be linked here.
Brilliant! Got it now and still really interested in the history of this special version- was this the one used in the actual '86 Caravan tournament or was it released later? And is there a special version of Star Force floating around somewhere too :D
Blue Protoman

Post by Blue Protoman »

Caravan Star, and that is all I need to say.
http://cid-868905e0294fa417.office.live ... /CS112.ZIP

My best score?
Blue Protoman - 1,228,011 - E

Super Star Shooter Advance
Blue Protoman - 413,780

There are also four known caravan shmups for the Sharp X68000. The four games are Star Fighter, Super Star Shooter, Zero Master-Striker, and Zero Rei. I'll post scores for those later.
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Blue Protoman wrote:There are also four known caravan shmups for the Sharp X68000. The four games are Star Fighter, Super Star Shooter, Zero Master-Striker, and Zero Rei. I'll post scores for those later.
Ha ha- I was asking about those x86k shmups in this thread here http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=32981! Man they're FAST and a hi score table for them would be really interesting.
I've become a great fan of the Caravan shmups recently and that Caravan Star is a new one on me. Does the combo meter level up your weapon when it's full or is there something else going on there? I'm enjoying it but you start out too overpowered for my liking and this seems out of character with most of the traditional games where you start out underpowered and need to level up as fast as possible. Soldier Force seems much truer to the genre and I'm sure you'll soon be enjoying that too :wink:
Personally I think the real quintessence of Caravan shooting is Summer Carnival Nexzr but that's a whole different discussion, eh?
Blue Protoman

Post by Blue Protoman »

I also know three other indie shmups with time attack modes. One also has a score attack mode (get a million points in as little time as possible).

http://freeware.remakes.org/index.php?rand=0&sl=&
Z-Lock

Demolition Gunner: 3 Minutes Version

And Lunaria. Lunaria won't run on my computer, though. :(
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Blue Protoman wrote:There are also four known caravan shmups for the Sharp X68000. The four games are Star Fighter, Super Star Shooter, Zero Master-Striker, and Zero Rei. I'll post scores for those later.
So can we include high score tables for those games in this thread or does it merit a completely new thread (which I'd be quite happy to start cos something tells me that it wouldn't be that busy :D )
Here's my scores- they're low and poor but at least they're first lol

Zero Master Striker:
mjclark - 550,310

Zero Rei:
mjclark - 1,347,910

Super Star Shooter - 2 minute Mode:
mjclark - 500,760

Super Star Shooter - 5 minute Mode:
mjclark - 866,350

Star Fighter - 2 minute Mode:
mjclark - 194,600

Star Fighter - 5 minute Mode:
mjclark - 486,000

There's two different versions of Zero Rei (this score is for the 1994.8.21 version), four different versions of Zero Master Striker (this score for v1.0) and two different versions of Super Star Shooter (this score for v2.0) which could complicate things a bit but if we stick to the final versions of each game we'll be cool 8)
Last edited by mjclark on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:22 pm, edited 9 times in total.
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

All are 5 minutes. Replays coming this week by Wednesday!

Coryoon: Child of Dragon
tinotormed - 2,715,314

Final Soldier
tinotormed - 2,032,300

Soldier Blade
tinotormed - 1,426,500
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Super Star Shooter Advance - 2 minute Mode:
mjclark - 302,700

Woooh!The GBA game is even more fun than the x68k original :D
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Summer Carnival '92: Recca - Score Attack
gs68 - 416,338

...FUCK ME, I'M LAST T.T
Blue Protoman

Post by Blue Protoman »

Better than not making it to the list.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

mjclark wrote:
So can we include high score tables for those games in this thread or does it merit a completely new thread (which I'd be quite happy to start cos something tells me that it wouldn't be that busy :D )
Feel free to open a new high-score thread for X68000 (or for any/all two-decades old, japan-only home computer) Caravan shmups, it'd help me out in keeping this thread under some resemblance of control.

I'm going to have to look at those indie shmups a bit closer to see if they warrant a section here. Caravan Star did seem pretty nifty.
Blue Protoman wrote:
gs68 wrote:Summer Carnival '92: Recca - Score Attack
gs68 - 416,338

...FUCK ME, I'M LAST T.T
Better than not making it to the list.
...actually, he didn't. In another effort to keep the thread a bit more manageable I've been limiting the scores listed for each game to Top 10 only for a few years now. Any score pushed out has just been deleted from the list unceremoniously. I could swear I mentioned this somewhere, but running through the thread I was unable to find any mention of it. My bad, I'll make a proper note of it in the first post.

Sorry gs68, but keep playing, you're really close to getting in!

The rest of the scores will be updated later today.

My videos
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Ghegs wrote:
mjclark wrote:
Feel free to open a new high-score thread for X68000 (or for any/all two-decades old, japan-only home computer) Caravan shmups, it'd help me out in keeping this thread under some resemblance of control
Indeed yes! If the most excellent PC98 shmup Flame Zapper Kotsujin can have a high-score thread then these x68k beauties deserve one too :D
X68000 Caravan Games high-score thread now started here!
The thread includes scores for Zero Master-Striker, Zero Rei, Super Star Shooter and Star Fighter so can we add these games to the High Score Board Index please.
Ha ha - prizes for everyone!!
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Summer Carnival '92 Recca - Time Attack
gs68 - 4:59:90

aka: I ALMOST DIDN'T MAKE IT. Literally, 1-2 frames at the end made all the difference between seeing "COMPLETE" and "TIME OVER".

p.s. Does my score still count if I used Recca Pure?
Last edited by gs68 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.