Anyone live in Ohio?

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
BigRobotCentral

Anyone live in Ohio?

Post by BigRobotCentral »

Anyone live in Ohio?
LAshujin

Post by LAshujin »

OH is the blandest state in the union - where abouts in Ohio are you?
BigRobotCentral

Post by BigRobotCentral »

Oh man, have you been to any of those big square states on the map? Let me tell you, it can get alot worse that Ohio. Besides, there are no boring places, just boring people.
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

Ohio is filled to the brims with boring people. :P
now tighter than your sister
LAshujin

Post by LAshujin »

Dude, youngstown ain't that far, you got any good shooters over there?

(I do over here) = Right across PA border
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

I have like around 20 or so console shooters...no boards or anything. Work beckons, so unfortunately I can't go into details.
LAshujin

Post by LAshujin »

Cool, I got A Candy Cab with Guwange and ESPRade, also I got me a Pro-Gear for my other Candy

I'm really more into NEO - got lots of that
Davey

Post by Davey »

I'm currently a Toledoan, unfortunately. Originally I'm from North Royalton (suburb south of Cleveland).
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

More details on my sparse selection...

And even more details (all my games)...

I know there's more Ohioans here...somebody wake up professor ganson...
Davey

Post by Davey »

gameoverDude is from the Cleveland area, IIRC.

EDIT:
crithit5000's game list wrote:Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
If there is ever an Ohio shmupmeet, I am so bringing my twinsticks.
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Yep, I live west of Cleveland. I think JPolz is in Cleveland. I didn't know GameoverDude was from this area. I guess we have a pretty strong showing in these parts.
Accutron

Post by Accutron »

Just spotted this thread...

I'm from Ohio originally...Dayton area. Been in TN since '97 but moving back to Ohio sometime around Christmas (we're bidding on a house in New Carlisle next week). I have about 50 console shmups, plus some run n' guns, arena shooters, etc. If there's ever a meet, I'd be interested.
Haliklon

Post by Haliklon »

*First post ever*

Just north of New Philli, about 1 hr south of Cleveland.

Been a shmup lover since Space Invaders and Galaga.

Yeah, I'm ol' skool, ha ha.
~}| }\ |_ ][ |{ |_ [] |\|~ Xbox Live GT: Haliklon
U.N. Squadron junkie for life.
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

>still praying for an Ohio meet one day<

Welcome to the board, Haliklon.
big_aug

Post by big_aug »

I'm not far from youngstown. Hour and a half maybe. I'm right near Steubenville. If there's ever a meet, I'd probably be interested =D
stellarola

Post by stellarola »

I live in KY, so if you all ever have one, I'm down. :D
ViVi

Re: Anyone live in Ohio?

Post by ViVi »

Galena (Columbus suburban area in Genoa Township)....

Been a fan of shooters since I was a kid in the 80s. However when I found the wonderful world of danmaku games, I became even more infatuated with the genre. I love difficulty and challenge. I love how a game can frustrate someone to the point of suicide. I love the frustrations involved, but in an optimistic frame of mine, I love the satisfaction of beating them. Even if I barely survive the game. Making it through is the biggest breath of fresh air and confidence booster in the gaming world. I have a wide variety of a collection of many very difficult games. I've even hacked my fair share. For example, I have Super Mario Brothers Confusion that I made which will intellectually destroy someone. Super Mario Frustration hack that is out and about is pretty hard, but only with the use of the game's mechanics. One would call mine a maze of drastic proportions. A good example is normal Mario players would use tunnels and warp zones, as well as running through a level.....not a good idea in my hack. ^_~V

Anyways, enough of my rambling. Avid gamer here! ^_^ If there is ever a shmup party nearby or a difficult game marathon party around, I'd be more than happy to join! ^_^
Dr.Noisewater

Re:

Post by Dr.Noisewater »

stellarola wrote:I live in KY, so if you all ever have one, I'm down. :D
I also live in Kentucky near Elizabethtown...

I have an Astro City with Gigawing and hopefully soon (Mars Matrix and progear! :mrgreen: )

I'm down to goto Ohio area if there is a meet!
TonK

Post by TonK »

Youngstown here.

Wanna get something cooking?
Davey

Re:

Post by Davey »

Davey wrote:
crithit5000's game list wrote:Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram
If there is ever an Ohio shmupmeet, I am so bringing my twinsticks.
The VOOT fanboyism was in effect even back in 2005. Man, I suck. :|
infamas

Post by infamas »

Columbus, OH here. Don't really have any actual PCBs...Just a DC and a computer with an HRAP
terry330

Post by terry330 »

old thread is old

One more in the OH.

Columbus, if anyone wants to get something going or just wants to kick it shoot me a PM.

I've got some arcade gear and most good console shooters.
infamas

Post by infamas »

The only thing I have is an hrap on a pc and a dreamcast...
iluvmonsterz

Post by iluvmonsterz »

i live in the mansfield area which is right in the middle of cleveland and columbus... a mile away from an i 71 exit...i have a 27 inch 4 slot mvs cab and all the shmups on saturn except 4(gunfrontier planet joker and sexy parodius..cant remember the 4th) quite a few of the ps/ps2 shmups most of the gamecube/wii shmups and a few of the 360 shmups so we could put down some decent shmupping at my crib...also i have three seperate hd gaming rigs so people could play different shit!! i m not bragging about my shit i'm just psyched that we could jam a shit ton of shmupping into a evening or two of gaming!! anyone down to do so pm me!!!! we must do this!!! i only know one person who doesnt look at me like a retard when the word "shmup" comes outta my mouth.....
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

Quick heads up to anyone if you're living in the Cincinnati area (or mayhaps on the way?): My female cohort (known as iksetsrm over at SuperPlay's forums) and I will possibly be making the journey to Arcade Legacy this Saturday where I will probably proceed to suck at a lot of video games, smoke lots of cigarettes, and eat lots of fast food garbage. Their list of fighting games looks quite swell (Alpha 2 yes!, and there's like three shooters (and lol, one's Gemini Wing. Irony). So PM me if you're in the area-ish and feel the urge to meet an internet douchebag.

Also, still no Ohio meet yet ;___;

Also also TonK, you should PM me one day if you ever want to hang out one night.
croikle

Post by croikle »

crithit5000 wrote:Quick heads up to anyone if you're living in the Cincinnati area (or mayhaps on the way?): My female cohort (known as iksetsrm over at SuperPlay's forums) and I will possibly be making the journey to Arcade Legacy this Saturday where I will probably proceed to suck at a lot of video games, smoke lots of cigarettes, and eat lots of fast food garbage. Their list of fighting games looks quite swell (Alpha 2 yes!, and there's like three shooters (and lol, one's Gemini Wing. Irony). So PM me if you're in the area-ish and feel the urge to meet an internet douchebag.
Hey, that's only about an hour away from me, and sounds like a neat place. I might manage to make it out there.
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

We're probably just going to hang out there all day Saturday, minus the occasional breaks to go eat and roam (hopefully the all-day pass there allows that sort of stuff). We're leaving Friday after I get off work and staying in Cincinnati all weekend, so if you're interested in meeting up for Saturday just let me know chief.

Plus, the more I read that site, the cooler it sounds. Damn shame that place is on the other side of the state :?
Davey

Post by Davey »

I see they have Magical Drop III. That would be awesome, except that it's over 3 hours away (and an exceptionally boring drive at that, especially now that Touchdown Jesus got smited), and I highly doubt anybody plays it. :cry:
crithit5000

Post by crithit5000 »

Are there really any exciting drives around here? We were up in Cleveland less than a month ago and it was the most sedate traffic I've ever seen. Pittsburgh, on the other hand...
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

We-hell, just so happens that some friends of mine and I were planning on heading down there some time on Saturday. I live in Dayton now so it's just 40 minutes south. And the prettiest drive around here is down US 4 BTW. Don't know how exciting it is but I think it goes along a hill or cliff, and there are lovely trees on the other side. Then at one point you go over a quarry and you can see down in it.

We went to Arcade Legacy back when it was called Arcade Legends and it was pretty cool. Now they are in a new location with more games so it should be even better. I don't know how many "real" shmups they have but who knows. They have PCB's without cabs and if you ask nicely they will swap them out. Last time I was there they had Aliens hooked up and then swapped it out for Fist of The North Star. They also had some pinballs and, lessee . .

Tron
Rastan
Robotron b/w Joust
Ms. Pac-Man & Galaga
Initial D
6-player Konami X-Men
Battlezone
Robocop
SSF2T
Lethal Enforcers
other stuff I can't remember
a 102" LCD with a PS3 hooked up to it
and that one 3D helicopter shmup that's not Under Defeat, the other one
(EDIT: Zero Gunner)

Now they supposedly also have Donkey Kong. I think they have some shmups that aren't in cabinets but I can't remember what.

We probably won't make it down there until Saturday afternoon some time. I will wear my black Fist of The North Star shirt that everybody likes. If you buy the $12 all-day pass you can come and go as you please. I recommend it. Unlike D&B there is no overpriced mediocre food or beer. See you there!
SWY: Games are just for fun