GD: Darius Twin

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Kollision

GD: Darius Twin

Post by Kollision »

If you go to the wikipedia entry on Darius Twin, you'll see some info about different endings for this game.
It happens that I just cleared it on one life and I didn't get any different ending at all. :? :lol:

Does anybody know anything about this?
Is this another wikipedia shit hoax or am I doing something wrong?

This is how it is written there as of now:
Taito adopted a unique ending modality for this game. There are four endings, each triggered by certain actions in-game:

* "Try Again" Ending: Don't destroy Super Alloy Lantern (the player still must defeat Great Tusk).
* Good Ending: Lose at least 1 life during the entire game.
* Great Ending: Destroy Full Metal Shell without losing a single life during the entire game.
* True Ending: Destroy Hyper Great Thing without losing a single life during the entire game.

The three last endings will never trigger unless you destroy Super Alloy Lantern.
Kollision

Re: GD: Darius Twin

Post by Kollision »

Never mind, I just found some useful info to try out later:

All 5 endings:
http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/snes/b/dariust.htm

Description of how to get these endings:
http://www.giantbomb.com/darius-twin/61-15999/
sunburstbasser

Re: GD: Darius Twin

Post by sunburstbasser »

I don't recall route ever doing anything, but I haven't tested THAT much.

You get the cartoony ending by simply letting Super Alloy Lantern time out. Shoot him until he starts shooting fish from the mouth at you, then you can just kick back and kill those fish for a few points with your sidearms. After a pretty lengthy fight, you fly into it and kill Great Tusk.

Otherwise, I've gotten the different endings all by dieing once, twice, or never. I usually use ACDEGJL.