Live Streaming Shmups on Justin.tv?

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
unsane

Live Streaming Shmups on Justin.tv?

Post by unsane »

Just now i randomly came across a justin.tv stream playing Touhouvania and it made me realize there's a distinct lack of ppl streaming shmups on there. Jtv seems like the perfect medium for shmups play too!

Maybe one of our local shmup experts streamcasting when playing, giving commentary, with us peons watching, drooling and learning. It would also give a better view of actual minute-to-minute play, instead of just seeing the finished product (superplays or youtube vids).

Really anyone streaming shmups would be fun to watch, to experience the variety of shmups more fluidly.

I came across a gaming stream playing Death Smiles once, but that's it.

Anyone considered this before?
Last edited by unsane on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MathU

Re: Live Streaming Shmups on Justin.tv?

Post by MathU »

Video game videos--especially skilled ones of the kind you want to see--are better with intelligent commentary added afterwards, instead of bad commentary and bad playing from the pressure of live recording.
Last edited by MathU on Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of course, that's just an opinion.
Always seeking netplay fans to play emulated arcade games with.
mortified_penguin

Post by mortified_penguin »

I used to stream kamui or Mame now and then but I could never quite make things run smoothly on JTV. Livestream was much more idiot friendly but I haven't installed it yet on my new PC. Oh well, not really worth tuning in anyway. :lol:
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

I try to retweet at @shmups whenever KET is playin' on ustream.
As of this timestamp he's playing right now. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/garelab#u ... ium=social

I'd also like to get a list together of everybody who broadcasts.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

thanx for the heads up DJ, ive nevr really bothered with this sort of stuff b4 but i think its intresting watching others play especially if they talk aswell (in english that is)
ncp

Post by ncp »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:thanx for the heads up DJ, ive nevr really bothered with this sort of stuff b4 but i think its intresting watching others play especially if they talk aswell (in english that is)
KET doesn't talk in english.

edit: he can though. Kind of.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

true but hes still instresting :)
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

DJ Incompetent wrote:I try to retweet at @shmups whenever KET is playin' on ustream.
As of this timestamp he's playing right now. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/garelab#u ... ium=social

I watched him play till 3am (his time) today....man that was cool. His english was ok and he answered questions about BG while he played. Awesome.
Fight Like A Robot!
gs68

Post by gs68 »

I'd do broadcasts (preferably on the less cluttered UStream) but my comp isn't powerful enough for broadcasting PC shmups, and I don't have a capture card so I'd have to broadcast console shmups the ghetto way (aka: with a webcam).
ROBOTRON
Remembered

Post by ROBOTRON »

gs68 wrote:I'd do broadcasts (preferably on the less cluttered UStream) but my comp isn't powerful enough for broadcasting PC shmups, and I don't have a capture card so I'd have to broadcast console shmups the ghetto way (aka: with a webcam).
I'll watch it depending on the time you play.
Fight Like A Robot!
kengou

Post by kengou »

I have all the hardware and software to do this, and lots of free time. However I'm not all that skilled, so I don't know if anyone would care about watching me play. If enough people show interest I'll consider it.
"I think Ikaruga is pretty tough. It is like a modern version of Galaga that some Japanese company made."
zakk

Post by zakk »

Last STGT I streamed a bit of RFJ, but I don't do it regularly. I'm not really sure watching me restart a game 23 times in a row is a very engaging stream, and I'm not going to be talking during it anyways.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

I dont follow the Japanese shmup players that much so i know bugger all as to whos who. (and cos im a lazy SOB) can someone tell what team t3 is and who was that Kamu guy who logged onto kets steams yesterday?
kengou wrote:I have all the hardware and software to do this, and lots of free time. However I'm not all that skilled, so I don't know if anyone would care about watching me play. If enough people show interest I'll consider it.
I would watch you bud if the times right for me. Just play a really popular game so every one can join in having a good chat about it.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

I used to stream occasionally via LiveStream (which kinda sucks cuz new users have to encounter those horrible ads that pop-up on-screen) and 2-3 people just watch. T'was fun.
ncp

Post by ncp »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:I dont follow the Japanese shmup players that much so i know bugger all as to whos who. (and cos im a lazy SOB) can someone tell what team t3 is and who was that Kamu guy who logged onto kets steams yesterday?
WR holder for garegga
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

ncp wrote:
TrevHead (TVR) wrote:I dont follow the Japanese shmup players that much so i know bugger all as to whos who. (and cos im a lazy SOB) can someone tell what team t3 is and who was that Kamu guy who logged onto kets steams yesterday?
WR holder for garegga
OOOOOOOOHHHH :shock:
unsane

Post by unsane »

kengou wrote:However I'm not all that skilled, so I don't know if anyone would care about watching me play.
I would. Live streams aren't about skillful play (we have KET's for that anyway), it's just fun to watch random ppl play random games.

I've been messing around with setting up my own cast today. Despite having a beastly system and infinite free time, it looks like the dealbreaker might be my upload speed. 400kbps just isn't gonna cut it for the video quality i'd like to have. Which is sad cuz my download speed is 10mbps! (edit: it's possible i'm not getting all the video settings just right)
Aguraki

Post by Aguraki »

DJ Incompetent wrote:I try to retweet at @shmups whenever KET is playin' on ustream.

been watching him a lot lately(he's streaming several times a week recently,playing right now btw).
:D
ps:also play other games sometime
EPS21

Post by EPS21 »

I did this in the past a little bit on Livestream, but I'd rather play the newer x360 ports and need a capture card, so its taken the backseat for now.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Livestream is awful. I've seen a few shmup streams on Ustream, but most of them tend to be either from nicocast or peercast.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

I just found http://livetube.cc/

Alot of people streaming from their PCBs, Akai Katana etc..

Requires registration though very simple though

after registering just scroll down to the STG tag then click on it an voila.
Keep in mind "refreshing" logo near the stream name means that it's LIVE.

ustream is also pretty good just go to garelabs stream then check recommended live shows usually there is someone else streaming a shmup too.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Never heard of this before. It seems new, since I can't find any streams prior to October.

I registered but I was able to see streams without logging in.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Elixir wrote:Never heard of this before. It seems new, since I can't find any streams prior to October.

I registered but I was able to see streams without logging in.
Strange here it refused to display the stream if I did not register.

If there is not "refreshing" logo next to the streams then its just a recording by the way.

Edit

I have noticed alot of jack asses have appeared since I posted this hmmm.
Aliquantic

Post by Aliquantic »

Thanks for the livetube.cc link! There are a lot more STG streams than on the usual culprit websites apparently, and a lot of players of average skills so far, so people shouldn't worry too much about that :)
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Alot of streamers here http://live.nicovideo.jp you have to have a nico video account though just search stg and there will be atleast 6 live streams
captpain

Post by captpain »

I stream MAME shmups and a few NES games on www.livestream.com/captainpain every so often.
saucykobold

Post by saucykobold »

It looks like the author of this site occasionally streams Raiden DX and RFJ.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/miharu3
http://twitter.com/miharu3_dx
Demetori

Post by Demetori »

Google Translate tells me that Unlimited Mode "is for people who like festivals."
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

saucykobold wrote:It looks like the author of this site occasionally streams Raiden DX and RFJ.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/miharu3
http://twitter.com/miharu3_dx

Miharu is pretty damn good at Raiden Fighter JET, and Raiden II pcb streamers are pretty bad ass.
Last edited by Zeron on Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Demetori

Post by Demetori »

Haha. Somebody speaking English in aisudiamonds channel.

I haven't played Daifukattsu yet but the training mode looks good, mainly because of the options and you hit restart, the game restarts. Not 15 seconds later.
Google Translate tells me that Unlimited Mode "is for people who like festivals."