RQ: DODONPACHI Cant get 1 Bee on stage 2!!!!

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Nick420

RQ: DODONPACHI Cant get 1 Bee on stage 2!!!!

Post by Nick420 »

Hi i was hoping some1 could help me with this.
The Bee im referring 2 is the one above the blue ground container on the left hand side. Y,now the thing where either one or two tanks comes out the back.
I use CS and i cant figure out how to collect that bee and keep the chain going.
I will be very greatfull if you can help me with this as it will mean i can get the first 3 stages perfect all bees and chains :-)
Many thanx in advance
ncp

Re: RQ: DODONPACHI Cant get 1 Bee on stage 2!!!!

Post by ncp »

It's not possible.
Nick420

Post by Nick420 »

LOL! Ah well that would explain it then. lol well thats a loada bollix anyways. Thanks for the reply m8.
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

yea its a shame theres no way to collect every bee and chain at the same time as i like collecting bees as much if not more then chaining.

I dont know yet if its possible to chain and collect bees in stages 4 5 and 6 since most of my time is spent playing the first 3 stages but I really hope that i can bee and chain atleast 4 stages as its a prereqasive for the 2nd loop.
ncp

Post by ncp »

TrevHead (TVR) wrote:yea its a shame theres no way to collect every bee and chain at the same time as i like collecting bees as much if not more then chaining.

I dont know yet if its possible to chain and collect bees in stages 4 5 and 6 since most of my time is spent playing the first 3 stages but I really hope that i can bee and chain atleast 4 stages as its a prereqasive for the 2nd loop.
Chaining stage 2 alone will get you the loop via max chain (270, 300, 330 for A, B, C types respectively), since it's 400-some chain if you chain it all. The rest of the stages are possible to get all the bees in while maintaining your chain, including 2-2, I think.
Nick420

Post by Nick420 »

Nice info. Getting a max chain and all bees on stage 4 is frustratingly difficult with cs tho, especially the one which pops up right in front of the tank where the orange tank comes out at the same time at the end of the stage. And the one on the right hand side opposite the flowers grrr the heartake caused by those bees lol!
TrevHead (TVR)

Post by TrevHead (TVR) »

Although Ive only really used the CS shot myself watching Prometheus' CS laser replay it looks like due to the ship moving faster in focus mode and shooting a less powerfull shot that it could be allot better to bee and chain then the CS shot (either that or it just seem like that due to hes skills making the game look easy.)
ncp

Post by ncp »

Bear in mind killing enemies with shot gives you more chain bar
Prales

Post by Prales »

Last edited by Prales on Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Watch this.
coturnix

Post by coturnix »

NTSC-J wrote:Watch this.
What the...he no misses/no bombs the entire friggin´game :shock: :shock: and unless my eyes deceive me i would say it´s a new WR, unless the STG Hall of records entry is outdated.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

Unfortunately, it's a tool-assisted run.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

NTSC-J wrote:Unfortunately, it's a tool-assisted run.
Yeah, it's not a real run, it's just to show a NMNB is theoretically possible as well as getting full chains, all bees, etc.

Out of curiosity, why are the ships with wider shots the ones with stricter chain requirements? It seems like it'd be easier to kill stuff too quickly with C-S, thus making the even higher loop chain requirement rougher. Is it because the wider shot types are easier to play as?
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

BareknuckleRoo wrote: Out of curiosity, why are the ships with wider shots the ones with stricter chain requirements? It seems like it'd be easier to kill stuff too quickly with C-S, thus making the even higher loop chain requirement rougher. Is it because the wider shot types are easier to play as?
In theory, a wide shot means you can get to an enemy on the opposite side of the stage more quickly than you could with a narrow shot.

With C-L, I've noticed that you barely even need to try that hard to get 330 hits in stage 5, as long as you're constantly shooting and manage not to die. With C-S it'd be even easier, I imagine.