RQ: How does one find "Y" on 3rd stage MVS BS?

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
PC Engine Fan X!

RQ: How does one find "Y" on 3rd stage MVS BS?

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Upon reaching the 3rd stage of the MVS cartridge of Blazing Star, I can manage to get four of the five letters that spell out "L-U-C-K-" but not get the last elusive letter that is "Y".

How does one manage to get the last letter of "Y" on the 3rd stage of MVS Blazing Star shmup? (It's driving me crazy not being able to get a perfect score for spelling out the "L-U-C-K-Y" bonus at the end when the CPU tallys your entire scoring for Stage 3.)

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Kiken

Re: How does one find letter "Y" on 3rd stage MVS

Post by Kiken »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:Upon reaching the 3rd stage of the MVS cartridge of Blazing Star, I can manage to get four of the five letters that spell out "L-U-C-K-" but not get the last elusive letter that is "Y".

How does one manage to get the last letter of "Y" on the 3rd stage of MVS Blazing Star shmup? (It's driving me crazy not being able to get a perfect score for spelling out the "L-U-C-K-Y" bonus at the end when the CPU tallys your entire scoring for Stage 3.)

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
When you get to the wall (right before the boss), don't destroy the enemy generator at the bottom-center of the screen. Let enemies continue to come out of it. The last series of enemies to appear is the line of green ships that hold the "Y" Panel.

BTW, this really should be posted in Strategies.
ForteMP3

Post by ForteMP3 »

Agreed, this SHOULD be in strategies, HOWEVER! I too have been wondering this, I could never get that blasted Y! Thanks for the info!
YOU ARE APPROACHING THE TARGET OF ATTACK! THE MISSION STARTS NOW! ARE YOU READY?!
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

Moved to Strategy