RQ: Does Hudson Selection Star Soldier loop?...

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
dave4shmups

RQ: Does Hudson Selection Star Soldier loop?...

Post by dave4shmups »

After you finish all the stages? Just curious, because I will be picking up a Cube VERY soon, and I'd like to get a Freeloader and this game.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

bevare with the freeloader and your memory cards.
I have no sig whatsoever.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

Bah, I NEVER use memory cards to save my shmup high-scores, it's a waste of memory card space, IMO. I just have a spiral notebook that I write my scores in.

But seriously, does this game loop??
PC Engine Fan X!

Wouldn't it be better to take a JPEG snapshot of scores?

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

dave4shmups wrote:Bah, I NEVER use memory cards to save my shmup high-scores, it's a waste of memory card space, IMO. I just have a spiral notebook that I write my scores in.

But seriously, does this game loop??
For posterity, I use my digital camera at the image highest resolution and take a snapshot for record keeping purposes.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

No, I don't believe the game loops. Though I don't see what relevance this question has in the "Strategy" section of the forums... :roll:

In the future I suggest you do an internet search before you post such questions. All you had to do was go to gamefaqs and type in "Star soldier", then click on the GC version's review-- it took me about 5 seconds. In case you have trouble with these things, here's the direct link to the review for you:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecub ... 84486.html

The person in the review clearly states there there are 10 levels in total, and there's no mention of any loops (they'd mention them if they were there).
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

twe wrote:No, I don't believe the game loops. Though I don't see what relevance this question has in the "Strategy" section of the forums... :roll:

In the future I suggest you do an internet search before you post such questions. All you had to do was go to gamefaqs and type in "Star soldier", then click on the GC version's review-- it took me about 5 seconds. In case you have trouble with these things, here's the direct link to the review for you:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecub ... 84486.html

The person in the review clearly states there there are 10 levels in total, and there's no mention of any loops (they'd mention them if they were there).
Oh PLEASE spare me the lecture! If this was in the wrong part of the forum, the mods would've moved it, don't you think?? And how many hits do you honestly think I'd get for "Hudson Selection Star Soldier Loops" on Google?! And as far as that Game Cube review goes, no, the person would not necessarily mention any loops-Gamefaqs isn't exactly a forum for hardcore shmuppers. Or do you think every review of Gradius mentions the loops? :?
EOJ

Post by EOJ »

Well, if you can tell me how asking if a game loops is relevant to the strategy section of this forum, I'd love to hear it. :?

And I was just trying to help, it really seemed like you didn't know how to use something like gamefaqs or google. I used gamefaqs and got the answer you were looking for in about 10 seconds (there are many knowledgable shmuppers there BTW, especially some of those who write reviews).

Have a nice day.
dave4shmups

Post by dave4shmups »

twe wrote:Well, if you can tell me how asking if a game loops is relevant to the strategy section of this forum, I'd love to hear it. :?

And I was just trying to help, it really seemed like you didn't know how to use something like gamefaqs or google. I used gamefaqs and got the answer you were looking for in about 10 seconds (there are many knowledgable shmuppers there BTW, especially some of those who write reviews).

Have a nice day.
Alright, thanks then-sorry for getting my temper up, but I've used search engines and Gamefaqs a lot. I appreciate the link, though from all the people on this site who call Gamefaqs "Lamefaqs" you'd think that there were very few dedicated shmuppers on Gamefaqs.

I just get overly defensive, because I do look for things, but I didn't think a review of this game, unless it was done on this site, would include any information about whether or not this game loops.

And you have a nice day as well! :D