LS-32-01 vs. LS-56-01

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Elixir

LS-32-01 vs. LS-56-01

Post by Elixir »

Hey guys, I'm looking to mod a stick which will shortly arrive (the HRAP VX SA for 360) but it apparently won't take an LS-32-01 without issues, based on people's past experiences with the PS3 counterpart.

This post on SRK claims that the LS-56 has a shorter throw than the LS-32, yet this chart claims the LS-56 has a longer throw than the LS-32. Essentially I want something as close to the 32 as possible, as it's what I currently use in my HRAP1.

I'll probably drop in an AkihabaraShop purchase of the 56 if I have to, but I have no prior experience with the stick to know how it will perform. So, what I'd like to know is: how is the 55/56 compared to the LS-32, and is it shorter or longer in the end? Ideally I'd also like to know if the 55/56 is adequate enough for the stick I'm getting, but I dout anyone here has it yet. Any advice is appreciated.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
antares

Re: LS-32-01 vs. LS-56-01

Post by antares »

I can't answer your question but I put an LS56 in my last stick because it has an optional octogonal restrictor which makes quite a difference for me.
The stick feels very stiff and the throw is shorter than on my old Sanwa one.

I'm very happy with it :)
WTB: Arkanoid II Revenge Of Doh PCB, Outzone PCB, Fixeight PCB
General Martok

Post by General Martok »

I second that.
The LS-56 is great and this is the first time i hear that the throw/engage was higher than LS-32 .....did they change the stick recently? I've seen many charts where the LS-56 has the shortest engage and it used to be recommened for shmups a couple years ago. Never used a LS-32 though , because I dislike low sticks.
And you shouldn't confuse it with the LS-55 ... that stick feels completly different.
austere

Post by austere »

Seimitsu LS-56
throw: 7.5mm
engage: 4mm

Seimitsu LS-32
throw: 7mm
engage: 5mm

Source: http://www.kowal.itcom.pl/ArcadeParts_p ... tZESen.htm
<RegalSin> It does not matter, which programming language you use, you will be up your neck in math.
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

I have both (use LS-32s in my cab, have a custom 360 stick with a LS-56). In my experience, the LS-56 has much less of a "deadzone". It does have a pretty long shaft, so if you mount it close to the CP base, it'll stick out quite a bit. I can't quite say which I prefer, but it's definitely a stick worth checking out. Worst case, someone here would probably buy it :P
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Do the 55 and 56 differ in height and throw? I prefer small sticks, claw style.

Still seems like conflicting information here, I guess I don't have much choice but to buy and try.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Kubrick

Post by Kubrick »

No idea about the throw or engage as I've never owned a 55, but It seems it has a longer shaft than a 56. Which, I would guess, makes it comparable to the height of a JLF, since that also has a slightly longer shaft compared to a LS-56.

Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Is it just me, or does the bottom one seem longer?

I placed an order for an MS mounting plate and an LS-56-01. My VX-SA arrived yesterday, so if you want to see it, check it out here.

Sandlegs

Post by Sandlegs »

is not the number on seimitsu sticks how long the shaft is in millimeters?
(2x middle fingers)
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Elixir wrote:Is it just me, or does the bottom one seem longer?

I placed an order for an MS mounting plate and an LS-56-01. My VX-SA arrived yesterday, so if you want to see it, check it out here.
Regarding your blog, when I checked into the stick with NCSX they told me that they expect a Seimitsu version of the Vewlix stick. I don't know if they have any intel or if that's just speculation.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Yeah, I half expect Hori to make something like a VX-SE. If so, I'm done. If the LS-56 with octogonal shaft doesn't work out, I'll go back to pads. I really don't have time to be concerned over this sort of thing when it was a silly purchase to begin with.

But hey, it would still be nice of them to make something like that.

brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Did you try the EX SE or whatever it's called?
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

I didn't and I'm not too interested in buying another stick yet again, especially since it's using Hori's old HRAP style. I'll just mod this one and see how it goes.

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

That's a very nice stick, Elixir.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.