RQ: Space Bomber 1,000,000,000,000-point bonus

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
esreveR

RQ: Space Bomber 1,000,000,000,000-point bonus

Post by esreveR »

Just bored today and looked through Space Bomber's sprite data. It seems there's a billion-point bonus you can obtain somehow, and that the same bonus could also yield only ten points somehow. Is this used? How do you get it? Is it a completion bonus? I've forgotten by now, haven't completed the game in like forever.

Also, all of the Sol Divide and Strikers 1945 II characters are apparently in Space Bomber as items, though I hear you have to shoot at specific places at specific times in order to pick them up.

Also, I'd be curious as to how those gold coin things appear, if they're even used (Psikyo games have a lot of unused stuff eh).
WARNING: TARGET APPROACHING!!
Ed Oscuro

Re: RQ: Space Bomber 1,000,000,000,000-point bonus

Post by Ed Oscuro »

I take it you mean a trillion in US parlance? Here the five-group / million * million / 10^12 gets called that, though I heard it was different elsewhere. Anyway, that's a hell of a lot of points.

Backing out now since I'm afraid I can't shed any answer on your actual questions. :oops: I am interested to see the answers though.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

As far as I know, you get a 1 million bonus for completing the game. Even if it's in the sprite data I doubt that 1 billion bonus is used.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
esreveR

Post by esreveR »

Ed Oscuro wrote:I take it you mean a trillion in US parlance? Here the five-group / million * million / 10^12 gets called that, though I heard it was different elsewhere. Anyway, that's a hell of a lot of points.

Backing out now since I'm afraid I can't shed any answer on your actual questions. :oops: I am interested to see the answers though.
Shit! That's a trillion?

Well...yeah.

Also, if there's a million-point bonus for completing the game, then this has got to be related to it somehow. See, the same sprites had a version for a million and a version for only ten points. My guess is that something triggers a trillion-point bonus for completing the game, but how is beyond me.

Better figure that out then...
esreveR

Post by esreveR »

Sorry for the double post but I FOUND ONE HALF OF THE PUZZLE or maybe a third or something

In 2-player games, after fighting the final boss, the leading player grabs the funny yellow puff and throws it into the group of alien motherships, blowing them all up with giant alien logo explosion thing (I wonder where that logo came from anyway wait that's derailing this thread). And you get a massive 10-somethingsomething point bonus for doing so, which is IN THE SAME STYLE! So therefore it must be something triggered by A) Being winner of a 2-player game and B) Something (Or some things) else I haven't quite figured out yet.