RQ: Tatsujin Oh - How to beat the stage 4 boss?

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Subterranean Sun

RQ: Tatsujin Oh - How to beat the stage 4 boss?

Post by Subterranean Sun »

I always meet him with an empty bomb stock and sometimes maximum firepower and speed. Then... I just cannot beat him without bombing, and when I'm dead, I respawn right in the front of those 3 big missile ships, which is supposed to be the hardest part of this stage. I need use a bomb to beat these ships. And after that, I will fight the boss with level 1 speed, level 1 firepower and only two bombs in my stock... :shock: WTF I cannot do this. I just keep get myself raped by him over and over again. This is going to be my nightmare. So, could anyone give some advice in beating this extremely tough boss?
Ruldra

Re: RQ: Tatsujin Oh - How to beat the stage 4 boss?

Post by Ruldra »

When those 3 ships before the boss appear, position yourself on the left and make it so that your shot hits both missiles at once. You'll also be in position to destroy the incoming item carrier and pick up a weapon/speed up. Then go straight up and keep dodging the bullets until the boss appears. Try to get past this part without using bombs.

At this point you should meet the boss with 3 bombs in stock. Keep shooting the core and bomb when the purple lasers are about to go off. That should be enough to do it.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Subterranean Sun

Post by Subterranean Sun »

Thanks. This is still a tough battle, but at least I finally managed to beat him once! :D
Mills

Post by Mills »

I've stopped playing this game because that annoying boss. Everytime i reach it with my first life with full firepower, speed up and 5 bombs, sometimes 6 if i am lucky to get a bomb very early at stage-1, i have to use all 5 bombs regardless of timing the bomb when the bullets are gonna hit my ship, or point blank the position of my ship up close with the boss. however if i suicide my first life at the boss and then start again with the second life, i can dodge it without bombing (takes around 2-3mins of dodging) which is depressing because all the hard work of getting to that point is wasted. Even now when i was getting the hang of reaching halfway through stage 5, i just cant justifying continuing to play because it is stressful enough reaching stage-4 without using bombs.
Youtube replay shows how to dodge the boss without bombing using green weapon, except the arcade pcb im playing takes much longer to destroy the boss.