So I beat Gokujyou Parodius...

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Icecap Veiwin

So I beat Gokujyou Parodius...

Post by Icecap Veiwin »

..of course, this is not counting the special stage, and I used an emulator with savestates. Oh well. Soon enough I'll be able to 1cc it without savestates.

So what do you guys think?
The radio said, "No, John. You are the demons."
And then, John was a zombie.
landshark

Post by landshark »

Beating it with save states is nothing.

Beating it without save states is definitely something. All the parodius games get completely cracked out on rank - but I love em.
Edge

Post by Edge »

Yeah, I hate that rank system.
When playing for highscores I sometimes try to kill me on purpose or in Sexy Parodius I fail the missions on purpose.

I am not quite sure what exactly increases the rank. Getting to the same Stage with one life, sometimes it's harder and sometimes it's easier. I tried if it depends on your score, but I don't think so as well.

Maybe it depends on killed enemies? Shots fired? Collected Power Ups?

Does anybody know what it depends on?
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

speaking of Parodius i just got sexy in the mail today, it completely slays me. way harder than gradius.
I have no sig whatsoever.
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

Rank is generally in gradius games affected by your powerups. Prodius is probably similar.
landshark

Post by landshark »

And I still say the PSX version of Parodius DA! looks easier than the arcade counter part.

I haven't played it, only watched a superplay - and the rank doesn't crack out as quickly (most noticebly on the mega-battle-ship thing with the spitting moia head).