GD: R-Type Final Ultimate Ship Setups and Best Non-Ultimates

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
FatCobra

GD: R-Type Final Ultimate Ship Setups and Best Non-Ultimates

Post by FatCobra »

I've been playing R-Type Final again recently (after losing my 101/99 save file, grrr.) and I was curious to see what people have set up their R-99's, R-100's, and R-101's. Also, what are the best non-ultimate ships?
Shmups: It's all about blowing stuff up!
Last Guardian

Post by Last Guardian »

I find that I don't use them all that much, tend to prefer the originals but anyway, out of my head both my R-100 and R-101 have psy bit+, enhanced homing missiles, one with anchor force the other with tentacle force. One has Giga W. Cannon, the other Mega W. Cannon.

Dunno what's best but I prefer to use the good old R-9A and both Ragnarok's. If you wan't an easy run through the game you should go with the R-9s though, it zapps through every boss like they made of kiwi.
Airspace under control get back 100 %
Herr Schatten

Post by Herr Schatten »

I have only unlocked about 30 ships so far, but I feel still the most comfortable with the plain old R-9A Arrowhead. I only play with some of the other ships to unlock more.
FatCobra

Post by FatCobra »

Ahhh....good old R-9a. I still take it out for a spin even though I have more fancier hardware to play with. I also like using the ships from Delta, because Delta's a better game by gameplay standards.

I also like using ships that have "burst" type wave cannons. It makes fighting the Stage 2 Boss (the nutsack) much easier.
Shmups: It's all about blowing stuff up!