Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
kccttzj

Re: Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio…Fellowship Community—ALL WELCOME!

Post by kccttzj »

Mine's usually more like:

Modern Warfare 2
Modern Warfare 2
VOOT
Mass Effect 2
Mushi Futari

Yeah.... I don't have many XBL friends lol.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Anyone have any Seimitsu experience? I'm thinking of ordering one for one of my SF4 sticks, then moving that sanwa to my Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick...but since I don't remember if I've ever used a 'mitsu, not sure how it compares to the Sanwa. I imagine pretty similar, but I am looking for a stick to use for 360/PC shooters, and maybe down the line, if I Cthulhu mod the thing like I did my Happ stick...

But yeah, I'm down to game in the near future; I do D&D every other Saturday night but beyond that I am golden.
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
Davey

Post by Davey »

Seimitsus are great for shooters, very clicky and precise. They are a bit tighter than Sanwas, which I like. I bought a HRAP a long time ago and never really cared for it because of the soft spring.

Ayanami, Sonic R, and I all have MadCatz SFIV sticks with Seimitsu sticks, so if we have another meet you'll surely have the chance to try one out.

From what I've read they're not as good as Sanwas for fighters. I don't play fighters, so I don't know, but I'd guess that quarter circles and such would be easier with a Sanwa. But if you're looking for a stick for just shooters then I guess it doesn't matter.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Yeah, I've heard Sanwas are a bit better for most fighters, though there are Seimitsu die-hards in that community as well - the shorter throw distance seems to be ideal for games that involve a lot of fast movement - I imagine the opposite is true for shooter players as well.

I actually already have two TE sticks (grabbed the Femme Fatale one at PAX) so I'm still set if I'm not a huge Seimitsu fan for 360 fighters. I just like having options :P

Now if only I could cram an old-school Wico leaf-switch stick in there somehow for shits and giggles!
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

greetings all... I know I don't come around here anymore, but now is a great time for another gathering, in time with the release of the latest game for the Xbox 360, ESPGaluda II Black Label. I had received conformation that it had shipped this morning and should be here by Monday, well enough in time for the weekend.

So details will be as follows:

Date: March 6, 2010
Time: 6 o'clock PM - whenever

Please bring anything to play of interest, favorite beverage, favorite controller...

Any questions, please feel free to contact me directly

email: jazz90sc@yahoo.com
aim: jazz90sc
yahoo: jazz90sc

or feel free to call, text, or facebook.
I am so seldom here on these forums now, that I may miss posts or PM, but I will try to check up in here to address any question or concern

Thank You and hope to see everyone next Saturday!
Davey

Re: Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio… Gathering on March 6, 2010 6PM-??

Post by Davey »

Barring any shittacular weather, I'll be there.

Anybody have any advice on how to get rid of old console stuff? I finally got around to organizing all my old stuff into a couple boxes, but now I don't know what to do with it. I don't really feel like going through the hassle of selling it on eBay (plus I haven't had any feedback in years, so I might look sketchy), and I'm guessing I'll get raped if I take it to a used game shop.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Davey wrote:Barring any shittacular weather, I'll be there.

Anybody have any advice on how to get rid of old console stuff? I finally got around to organizing all my old stuff into a couple boxes, but now I don't know what to do with it. I don't really feel like going through the hassle of selling it on eBay (plus I haven't had any feedback in years, so I might look sketchy), and I'm guessing I'll get raped if I take it to a used game shop.
If you don't mind waiting a few days for it to open up, there's buying & selling forums on digitpress and atariage which will likely find some takers.

What stuff in particular is it, though? I may be interested in some of it.
Davey

Post by Davey »

I should probably clarify... by "old" I mean not current gen.

These are the consoles I want to get rid of:
NES
SNES
Gamecube
Genesis 3
Saturn (w/Pro Action Replay for imports)
Dreamcast
PSOne
GBA

Probably 5-10 games per system, except for NES... I have about 20 of those. The games themselves all fit in a small crate, I could just bring the whole thing. I have a few shmups I want to sell, but those are probably worth selling individually (DDP DOJ PS2 version, Batsugun, Radirgy, Mars Matrix, Shienryu Explosion, Gunbird 2).

I'll definitely be eBaying my copy of Rakugaki Showtime... I didn't know that went for $200+ these days! :shock:
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Would anyone be interested in my bringing Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, and the Fight Stick, on Saturday?

Also, I realized that more then a few of us are friends on Facebook now, so this thread is becoming obsolete.
Davey

Post by Davey »

tommyb wrote:Also, I realized that more then a few of us are friends on Facebook now, so this thread is becoming obsolete.
You damn kids and your Facebooks. Am I going to have to sign up with a fake name just to know when the next meet is?

(obligatory link)

P.S. I hope somebody else besides me like Great Lakes Christmas Ale because I have a few bottles I need to get rid of before the expiration date.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Davey, I may be interested in a couple of those, depending on your price point :P

I am down for Tatsunoko if I join :P
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

k, so I will be bringing my Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom stick, the game, and the remainder of the Michigan Brewery IPA and Two-hearted Ale I didn't drink last night.
zero.otaku

Post by zero.otaku »

I am interested in the Great Lakes Christmas Ale. Glad that's not going on eBay =)
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Pinball Pete's stays classy: They got rid of the Border Down machine and replaced it with AREA 51. Who the hell plays that?
boagman

Post by boagman »

ubersaurus wrote:Pinball Pete's stays classy: They got rid of the Border Down machine and replaced it with AREA 51. Who the hell plays that?
Unfortunately, it may be more of a case of "Who plays BD?" than anything else. Area 51 isn't exactly a major draw, but even a crappy gun game can still justify its existence.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

See, I don't know, because I barely ever see anyone playing those lightgun games, either. Certainly not that one, at the least. Pete's could probably stand to drop most of those and their driving games and wouldn't miss out on anything.
Davey

Post by Davey »

ubersaurus wrote:See, I don't know, because I barely ever see anyone playing those lightgun games, either.
That's what they get for not having REVOLUTION X.*

I've only been to Pete's a few times, but I barely ever see anyone playing anything other than air hockey.

Also, my copy of Espgaluda II came yesterday, so those of you who went with airmail should get it soon if you haven't already.

* Please disregard this joke if Pete's actually has Revolution X
boagman

Post by boagman »

Davey wrote:
ubersaurus wrote:See, I don't know, because I barely ever see anyone playing those lightgun games, either.
That's what they get for not having REVOLUTION X.*

I've only been to Pete's a few times, but I barely ever see anyone playing anything other than air hockey.

Also, my copy of Espgaluda II came yesterday, so those of you who went with airmail should get it soon if you haven't already.

* Please disregard this joke if Pete's actually has Revolution X
I'm sure I'll be the subject of much ridicule for this statement, but here it is anyway: I really enjoyed the arcade version of Revolution X.

Flame suit on.
Sonic R

Re: Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Gaming Fellowship - all welcome!

Post by Sonic R »

I'm late… as usual :oops:

Just wanted to finally thank everyone for coming by on March 6, was a great time!

I have tentatively set the next major gathering for May 1, 2010
This should be in time for Ketsui. If anyone is interested in a small scale gathering at anytime, please feel free to let me know and anyone is welcome to come by, and I'm always happy to try an make it out!

How are you liking ESPGaluda II Davey? I recently unlocked omake! mode and really been having fun with it… I still have NO clue on how to play this game properly, but I don't care and have been having fun with Galuda II… unlike the first game where I was knowing of how the game was supposed to play, and I despised it…
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:I have tentatively set the next major gathering for May 1, 2010
That would be ideal for me, actually. Once again I'll be attending of Day of .Net in Ann Arbor, which is May 1, and usually gets done around 5:00.
Sonic R wrote:How are you liking ESPGaluda II Davey?
I haven't put much time into it yet, but my initial impressions:

Regular game (360 mode): Confusing. I read some of Gaijin Punch's guide but I still don't really understand the basic flow of the game. Although I never really played Espgaluda, so that might be part of it.

Black Label: Scoring seems to basically be: don't die, don't bomb, don't kill anything while in kakusei mode, and let enemies shoot at you before killing them. Simple system, I like it. Might be a bit too easy though, since I'm already close to 1CCing this... although I'm sure there'll be plenty of scoring potential after I pull it off.

Haven't played the other modes yet.

Overall I think Futari is probably the better game, but I can't say that for sure until I play some more of this. Although Galuda II will have to compete with Puyo Puyo for my game time soon... I just bought Puyo Puyo 7 and preordered a DSi XL. 8)
DJ Incompetent

Post by DJ Incompetent »

May 1, 2010
Penciled ^_^
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Penciled lol. You're going to erase it. PEN it. =P
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Lol @ Kt.

Is this Saturday for sure?

If so, I'm afraid I won't be there until about 11:30, with my new hours at work. Hopefully all will still be going strong at that point so I can still make it out.

EDIT: Next Saturday
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

I may be out next Saturday. Got a RP game scheduled (though that may fall through) and I'm going to be seeing about hanging with my friend who is in town from Japan that day. If I am free though I am interested in checking this game out!
Sonic R

Re: Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio - Premier Event on May 1, 2010 6pm

Post by Sonic R »

Please genuflect…

Will be welcoming guest on May 1, 2010

Please RSVP at the following:
email: jazz90sc@yahoo.com
or
call/text my cellular
or
facebook

any further questions my be forwarded at the above contact informations.

We look forward to premium entertainment next Saturday.
Sonic R

Re: Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Post by Sonic R »

Dropping by to say Thank You! to everyone for coming out.
It was a pleasure, as is always, to get to hang out with everyone and enjoy games and fellowship!

Will see everyone for the next time when ever it is work out for everyone…
Deca

Post by Deca »

Just joined the forum and figured I should report in here. I'm down in Coldwater and visit Ann Arbor semi-regularly. Been playing stgs for a while now and have some friends that play, but I don't really have anyone to get competitive with. Hoping I can find some people to help put the pressure on and make me better.

Man I was all set up to make some big intro post but I guess these boards don't have an introductions thread :P
1CC List To miss is human; to rank control, divine.
“Fly to live and shoot ‘em all!” – Manabu Namiki
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Deca wrote:Just joined the forum and figured I should report in here. I'm down in Coldwater and visit Ann Arbor semi-regularly. Been playing stgs for a while now and have some friends that play, but I don't really have anyone to get competitive with. Hoping I can find some people to help put the pressure on and make me better.

Man I was all set up to make some big intro post but I guess these boards don't have an introductions thread :P
I'm sure you'd be more then welcome to join us, we meet up fairly regularly. Only problem is, as you can see, none of us check the board that often anymore, since we all got Facebook.
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

I am going to start be on here a touch more frequently. Starting to post scores in Ketsui.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

tommyb wrote:
Deca wrote:Just joined the forum and figured I should report in here. I'm down in Coldwater and visit Ann Arbor semi-regularly. Been playing stgs for a while now and have some friends that play, but I don't really have anyone to get competitive with. Hoping I can find some people to help put the pressure on and make me better.

I'm sure you'd be more then welcome to join us, we meet up fairly regularly. Only problem is, as you can see, none of us check the board that often anymore, since we all got Facebook.
Indeed, anyone is more than welcome to join us in any gathering! Had an impromptu gathering last night and it was a great time! Thanks Tommy & Dave for your company last night… sorry for the mess :oops:
I need to put some more time into Death Smiles II!

I'm going to be on here more frequently too… posting scores for Trevor McFur and Deep Blue…… OH WAIT…

For contact informations, I can be emailed at Jazz90sc@yahoo dot com
I can then forward informations in regards to cellular phone number, and if anyone is on Facebook, send a friend request… as Tommy stated, we seem to mingle there when we're not playing video games!