How do I get this monitor?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
thamasha69

How do I get this monitor?

Post by thamasha69 »

Hey guys, I posted this on assemblergames and figured I'd give it a shot here as well, what with the wealth of knowledge and worldwide membership on this board.

I was hoping some of you guys may be able to offer some insight to this. This monitor was announced last year and seems only to have been (to be) released in Europe and Japan - LG W2363V:

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/monitors/0...9304403,00.htm

In addition to the nice specs, it also has component input. I have been looking/researching for a new monitor to replace my CRT NEC 77F for a while and I want this one. I am having trouble finding much info on this monitor save for the above review and some UK shopping sites that may or may not have any in stock. Problem is, I live in the U.S.

I also came across a thread on the AVForums - seems this monitor is hard to obtain anywhere.

Doing a worldwide Ebay search, I found a seller in Austria offering this unit, although there are no photos and I have not received an email back to my inquiry on shipping to the U.S.

Does anyone have any ideas or has one of these or knows someone with one? I would love to add this to my setup (XRGB2+, Vdigi, blah blah). Any thoughts, ideas, help is much appreciated.

Thanks.
gray117

Re: How do I get this monitor?

Post by gray117 »

Its a nice monitor, stock seems to be fairly available now in uk [for example the pixmania website being talked about in that thread has them in stock] - although I suppose some of the less efficient web sites might be out/low in stock they do seem to carry them.

Are the addition of component inputs relatively rare in US ... ? ... I'm sure that alternatives could be sourced; it seems a good deal, I find it a little suspicious that there is no input lag data - despite the fact they're toting the 'game mode' ... Although if that then scaled an image via a nearest pixel type of setup, as opposed to the bicubic type of scale [apologies for photoshop terms :P] then that could be interesting ...

The real issue though is that this is a TN panel which means it probably will not rotate [picture/color wise] well if you plan to use for vertical shmups.

... However, it *might* just be able to rotate, maybe I'll try checking it out if it really is in uk stores...
pcb_revival

Post by pcb_revival »

Search for LG Flatron W2363V brings plenty of retailers with stock.

Do monitors have global multi voltage psu otherwise the Japanese model should be okay to use with US 120V mains supply.

Plus the $ exchange rate may be better against the Yen.
thamasha69

Post by thamasha69 »

I don't know much about that Pixmania site, though it seems like quite a large franchise/site or whatever...do they ship to the US? If so, that seems like the best bet.

Component inputs on a monitor like this does seem rare to me, as most of the monitors being sold local have only HDMI, DVI, and/or VGA. That component input would save me a bit of hassle.

gray117 - I do plan on using for vertical shmups if possible, but I will still have my CRT handy if need be.
Do monitors have global multi voltage psu