RQ: Legend Shield in Dimahoo

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
esreveR

RQ: Legend Shield in Dimahoo

Post by esreveR »

Hello, I'm a new member here, which probably means I'm going to screw up royally somehow in my post. Bear with me, please.

In Dimahoo, I've managed to obtain every 100,000-point item except one, which is really getting on my nerves. As quoted from an item FAQ on The Sheep's page:
Unknown wrote:Legend Shield
Beat the Chestmonster with at least four bombs in reserve.
[Any level charge shot]
This is really vague...what is a "Chestmonster"? Have I encountered one? If I have, why didn't it drop what I'm looking for? Are there other criteria involved?

I've tried the mimics on stage four, but they just drop axes or something. I've got a feeling it's something else. Please help...
WARNING: TARGET APPROACHING!!
Ghegs

Re: RQ: Legend Shield in Dimahoo

Post by Ghegs »

You did mess up, this belongs to the Strategy section. ;)

But we forgive you, and I've moved your post.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

To get the legend shield you need at least 4 bombs in stock and have the shield set complete. Then charge-shot the chests that fire back at you on stage 4.

I uploaded a video of myself getting the legend shield some time ago: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F1SGNGD8

If you need help completing the shield set, check my yet incomplete guide which lists what every single enemy drops. I plan to finish that guide sometime this year.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
esreveR

Post by esreveR »

Well, now that I've gotten that done, I may as well post this.

I'd also submit a score, but I mess with all the dipswitches (Difficulty, lives, bombs, pretty much everything put to maximum) so it's probably not valid.

Also, has anyone noticed that Gigafacer drops that pinwheel when you do an elemental burst with an empty bomb gauge? I don't hear any sort of mention of it, though I'm sure someone ended up figuring that out at some point.
WARNING: TARGET APPROACHING!!
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

The reason no one mentioned it is probably because no one got that far. Only 2 people in the hiscore thread reached the last stage, that says something about the game's difficulty.

And overall Dimahoo doesn't get much attention around here, thanks to its insane scoring system. A real shame, since this game is actually pretty good.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.