RQ 1942 help

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
doctorx0079

RQ 1942 help

Post by doctorx0079 »

Jeez, I just don't see how you guys can 1cc this game.
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

it's called don't screw up.

Seriously. easier said then done. the game is a grueling stamina drainer, and that's it's cheif difficulty. That and the checkpoints for the bosses are so far back that it's hard to practice against them properly without savestates.
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

Just practice practice practice, huh? I suppose you're not going to get hypers by chaining better or make a fairy appear or anything. Just keep shooting, don't get hit, and learn which enemies are coming in each stage, I guess.
SAM

Post by SAM »

doctorx0079 wrote:Just practice practice practice, huh? I suppose you're not going to get hypers by chaining better or make a fairy appear or anything. Just keep shooting, don't get hit, and learn which enemies are coming in each stage, I guess.
Plus don't have your shots missed, and try geting point blank to shoot down large planes. (I can't 1cc this too.)

Well, in turth I think Flying Shark is alot better, I suggest you try 1cc that first.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

SAM wrote:
doctorx0079 wrote:Just practice practice practice, huh? I suppose you're not going to get hypers by chaining better or make a fairy appear or anything. Just keep shooting, don't get hit, and learn which enemies are coming in each stage, I guess.
Plus don't have your shots missed, and try geting point blank to shoot down large planes. (I can't 1cc this too.)

Well, in turth I think Flying Shark is alot better, I suggest you try 1cc that first.
I have, I think Flying Shark is a lot easier.
1up

Re: RQ 1942 help

Post by 1up »

I've been searching for a 1942 superplay but came up short. does such a thing exist?
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

Maybe some day I will make one. Although I'm afraid it will be pretty boring watching someone else play this game.
SWY: Games are just for fun
1up

Post by 1up »

someone pointed me in the direction of MARP. Cant believe I didnt think of that myself /facepalm

anyways, it was interesting to see whats going on in the later stages, and how hectic it gets. Is it correct that the small green plane that gives a 1up + 5000points shows up every other level? Just checked it briefly and it seemed that it showed up every other level.
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

1up wrote:someone pointed me in the direction of MARP. Cant believe I didnt think of that myself /facepalm

anyways, it was interesting to see whats going on in the later stages, and how hectic it gets. Is it correct that the small green plane that gives a 1up + 5000points shows up every other level? Just checked it briefly and it seemed that it showed up every other level.
You only get 1ups in this game by getting enough points or collecting certain rare POWs that you get from the red planes. The spy plane shows up randomly I think.
1up

Post by 1up »

doctorx0079 wrote:
1up wrote:someone pointed me in the direction of MARP. Cant believe I didnt think of that myself /facepalm

You only get 1ups in this game by getting enough points or collecting certain rare POWs that you get from the red planes. The spy plane shows up randomly I think.
must have been a coincidence then? The 'item' gives 1up in other games, and I thought of this while watching the replay, so I took notice. Maybe his score got high enough for another 1up when he got the 5,000 points.
lgb

Post by lgb »

1942 is a riot. requires patience.

the thing about 1942 is that there's a bug
* An interesting bug (1942): If you win an extra plane from points when killing a boss plane, no extra planes will be awarded on the basis of points. Extra planes can still be obtained by getting the Black/Red POW, but no point-based bonuses will be awarded for the rest of the game.
doctorx0079

Post by doctorx0079 »

lgb wrote:1942 is a riot. requires patience.

the thing about 1942 is that there's a bug
* An interesting bug (1942): If you win an extra plane from points when killing a boss plane, no extra planes will be awarded on the basis of points. Extra planes can still be obtained by getting the Black/Red POW, but no point-based bonuses will be awarded for the rest of the game.
my god that would suck