Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio Fellowship — ALL welcome!

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
DT

Re: Great Lakes—Michigan/Ohio…Fellowship Community—ALL WELCOME!

Post by DT »

bumpppppppp
boagman

Post by boagman »

Figured I'd ask this here since I haven't been to any shmupmeets in a little while: do any of us Michiganians (specifically Detroit area folk) mod their PSPs for custom firmware? I'm really wanting to have mine done up as much as possible, and would really like to be able to see how it's done in person. I'd be *more than happy* to buy lunch for whomever might be able to do this for me. Please PM me or whatever, even if it's just doing it next time at a meet.

I've got a 1.5 FW PSP-1000, and I'm currently using Devhook. That's how behind-the-times I am.

Thanks!
DT

Post by DT »

this is now my personal forum for being bored since no one posts.
boagman

Post by boagman »

DT wrote:this is now my personal forum for being bored since no one posts.
Does this mean that you're hosting a get-together?
Davey

Post by Davey »

Did any of you pick up Futari? I don't see any of you on the leaderboards. Because if I own a shmup that none of y'all do, I think the universe might implode or something.

I still haven't played it too much yet; I went with airmail, so I just got it a few days ago. And half the time I start up my Xbox to play it somebody invites me to play VOOT (not that I'm complaining). But from what I've played so far it seems pretty fun, although it looks like shit on my LCD TV. The filters in RFA put this game's to shame.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Davey wrote:Did any of you pick up Futari? I don't see any of you on the leaderboards. Because if I own a shmup that none of y'all do, I think the universe might implode or something.

I still haven't played it too much yet; I went with airmail, so I just got it a few days ago. And half the time I start up my Xbox to play it somebody invites me to play VOOT (not that I'm complaining). But from what I've played so far it seems pretty fun, although it looks like shit on my LCD TV. The filters in RFA put this game's to shame.
I had just ordered it last Tuesday as I was able to finally afford it… should be here tomorrow as it cleared customs this morning. Looking forward to playing it!

Well its been a long while as I haven't been active around here… been alot going on and such. But this is my last week of work until Christmas shutdown. Two weeks off - with pay :D
Is there any interest in a gathering during this time? Other then Christmas, We will be available so if anyone sees this post, feel free to reply, text, call, email, post on facebook, or even message me on aim or yahoo. I have everything connected to my phone so I can be reached at anytime (except at night time when I'm sleep lol
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Yeah, it has been a while. After this week, I should be free. Finals right now though.
Davey

Post by Davey »

I could probably meet up whenever. I don't think I have anything coming up besides Christmas.
Davey wrote:it looks like shit on my LCD TV. The filters in RFA put this game's to shame.
Never mind this. I wasn't digging deep enough into the submenus. There are filter options aplenty.
Dale

Post by Dale »

I'd love for another meet it all just depends on the particular day. James I still have your copy of XI Stag. I also bought Mushi Futari and I love it, I've only played it at friends houses because my 360 died though.
I did great so much water and milk that I threw up when I was little.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

I'm up for a meet. Happily I have a new schedule starting next year that has me getting pretty much every other Saturday off, so I will be more available for gaming. Plus, I still gotta try some of these new 360 shooters!
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

So there seem to be some interest! What is a good time for everyone?

Any idea is greatly appreciated… I imagine sometime after Christmas… There is the weekend after the new year if that sound good to anyone? I return to work on the January 4th. I won't be available on December 29th as I am going to the Pistons game with my daughter and my friend and his daughter.

For Davey, I still have your sunglasses from the summer when we went to mrtie's home!
Davey

Post by Davey »

Sonic R wrote:For Davey, I still have your sunglasses from the summer when we went to mrtie's home!
...and I've lost at least two more pairs since then. :| I'm seriously considering buying sunglasses in bulk online.

And 1/9 might not be the best for me, not sure yet though.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

Davey wrote:
Sonic R wrote:For Davey, I still have your sunglasses from the summer when we went to mrtie's home!
...and I've lost at least two more pairs since then. :| I'm seriously considering buying sunglasses in bulk online.

And 1/9 might not be the best for me, not sure yet though.
Oh, I was speaking the weekend RIGHT after new years… as new years day is on a friday, I was looking at the January 2, 2010. It is close to the new years festivities… and is short recovery time to the 2nd…
I was just throwing it out there.
I'm fine with a mid week gathering except the 29th. Just need to know to make preparations.
Davey

Post by Davey »

Yeah January 2nd would be ok with me... I just meant any Saturday should be fine except January 9th.

I'm actually off that whole week between Christmas and New Year's. We don't normally get that time off but we do this year.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

So it look like January 2nd will be the tentative date.

Works out for me.
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

January 2nd should work for me, barring a date :P Anything I can bring along? I have some TE sticks for 360, plus a Cthulhu stick with GC, PS2, XBox, and PC/PS3 connectors...as well as my usual array of classic games.
Early video game historian - check out my book, Atari Archive Vol. 1, now on sale, and my Youtube channel Atari Archive for more!
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Man, I kinda forgot this place existed for awhile. Everyone gettin' together the 2nd?
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

tommyb wrote:Man, I kinda forgot this place existed for awhile. Everyone gettin' together the 2nd?
lol… me too. I pretty much forget to come by these parts anymore :oops:

But yes, we are on for tomorrow (January 2).
I say start time can be from 6-7 o'clock pm. All are welcome and hope to see everyone again for the new year! We are set and ready to go for all evening/night gaming!

Bring anything to play if anyone so desires. I haven't got much lately in the past months other than Futari and I downloaded Black Label too. I have got a few SMS games but I doubt anyone will want to play that…
IF anyone wants to play Turbo Grafx/Duo, a console may be necessary as mine has lost sound completely and I have yet to get a replacement - still contemplating of hacking/modding my Super Grafx… and then getting a CD-Rom² or RAU-30 adapter/CD interface unit… need more $$$$$!!!

See everyone tomorrow. All are welcome!
PM, call, text, IM(aim and yahoo), or FB for any questions/details.
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Last night was fun, even though I drank a little more than I probably should have. I made it home safe though!

Mushi Futari 1.5 is so addicting. I can't wait till mine comes in the mail. As always, thanks for having us, James!
ubersaurus

Post by ubersaurus »

Sorry I didn't make it...impromptu invite over for dinner from a new lady friend, I believe it took precedent :P Perhaps next time!
boagman

Post by boagman »

ubersaurus wrote:impromptu invite over for dinner from a new lady friend, I believe it took precedent :P Perhaps next time!
Win. You have made the correct choice. I couldn't make it myself...prior engagement on that night as well. Pinball!
FoxReeveheart

Post by FoxReeveheart »

One of those galleries... was that gibraltar trade center the one near mt. clemens? O_o Because I could totally possibly make it to one of your meetings o_O If that is where you are close to... and i'm taking my road test tomorrow for license (i'm 24 btw, never had a need for license until college and I ran out of online classes to take, so off to the campus I go!)
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

FoxReeveheart wrote:One of those galleries... was that gibraltar trade center the one near mt. clemens? O_o Because I could totally possibly make it to one of your meetings o_O If that is where you are close to... and i'm taking my road test tomorrow for license (i'm 24 btw, never had a need for license until college and I ran out of online classes to take, so off to the campus I go!)
Usually the meets are located in Garden City, at Inkster and Ford Rd.
Sonic R

Post by Sonic R »

ubersaurus wrote:Sorry I didn't make it...impromptu invite over for dinner from a new lady friend, I believe it took precedent :P Perhaps next time!
No problem :wink:
I'd make the same choice everytime.

I'm a little late (I forget to come to this forum these days :oops: )
But I would like to thank everyone for coming out, was a great time! All 9 hours of it :D :o :shock:

I think its good to have them more spread out so there isn't so much over-saturation. When everyone is ready for another go, I'm game for games. I've made the decision that I will purchase ESPGaluda II Black Label even if I am not fond of the first game, as the bold states, black labels are usually better and more FUN than vanilla versions and I hope I can enjoy this Galuda…

For FoxReeveheart, our gatherings are usually on the west side, as I think Dale is the only one out on the east side, but if you are willing to make the trip, you are most welcome to drop on by for gaming and fellowship.

I am going to try (key word of try) to visit the forum more often with the recent spark of activity in our thread.

Thanks again to everyone and it was great to see you all again and I had an amazing time. My friend had a good time to hang out with the game fellows too.

and one last thing, CRT >>> LCD/Plasma for 360 shooters :P
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

Anything goin' on tonight?
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Bumping this thread. I didn't like seeing it halfway down the page.

Anything going on soon? :D
Ayanami

Post by Ayanami »

Middle of the page? Dear god we are slipping.

I have been so focused on School/Work/Drinking that I have not been here in ages. I am down for whatever whenever.
Davey

Post by Davey »

Espgaluda II is coming out in a few weeks. Who pre-ordered it? I did, but I went with airmail again, so I probably won't get my copy until mid-March.

I'm pretty open; 3/13 is the only bad Saturday on my calendar.
kccttzj

Post by kccttzj »

Blake, I think you mean mass effect 2 has taken up all of your time.... =P
Davey

Post by Davey »

kccttzj wrote:Blake, I think you mean mass effect 2 has taken up all of your time.... =P
Yeah, for the past couple weeks my XBL friends list has pretty much looked like this:

Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 2
Modern Warfare 2
Dashboard
Modern Warfare 2
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Mass Effect 2

:o