Best xbox 360 game pad

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
samu

Best xbox 360 game pad

Post by samu »

Been thinking about buying an xbox 360 only to play mushifutari, but the standard controllers' dpads seem really awful. So I figured I would need to get a better pad. So which xbox 360 pads can you recommend?
Warp_Rattler

Re: Best xbox 360 game pad

Post by Warp_Rattler »

I can't say it's the best, as I haven't tried any others, but I've been finding the MadCatz Street Fighter IV Fightpad to work pretty well for my needs until I can scrape together a proper 360 joystick. Been using it for quite a while with Raiden Fighters Aces as well. It's infinitely better than the d-pad on the regular 360 controller, though.
t0yrobo

Post by t0yrobo »

The street fighter pad is the only decent option I know of short of getting a stick. I've found the normal controller to work surprisingly well with Futari though. it's not great or anything, but it's very usable.
XBL - CountryGolden
kemical

Post by kemical »

There is the Hori EX Turbo Pad, the d-pad on it is nice, has that kind of rubber poppy feeling, reminded me of a SNES pad a bit. I don't know how it compares to the SF Madcatz though. Looks like they have a new EX 2 Turbo pad now which has a 6 button arrangement instead of 4.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

You can also mod your existing pad to perform much better.

If you buy a SFIV fightpad, make sure to get one in person from a store that accepts returns. I'm not sure if the subsequent runs fixed it, but many of the originals had diagonals that were quite hard to hit. I went through four from Best Buy before saying "screw it".