RayCrisis (AC,PS1,PC,iOS,Android,PS4,NS)

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Heh, it may be a while before you get some real competition man! You're doing way too well! But keep it up, a 1cc may be close. I'd be real interesting in how many points Infinity can give (and if there are any good places for a Round divider in the fight!)

Hey, have you ever tried RAYSTORM before? I just ordered it a few days ago, perhaps we'll have another rivalry there!
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

I'm getting about 400,000 iirc from a round divider on infinity.

I was looking at a copy of raystorm on ebay yesterday strangely enough :) I'll let you have a few days head start!
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Ray Storm arrived on Friday, and I got some time on it over the weekend. Its a, very hard to get used to :lol: , since you can't 'flex' the sight of the lasers like in Raycrisis (by what I mean, is you can't move the target box lower then your ship or to the left or right - I always go for ships I can't hit by instinct!) But it seems pretty cool, though God Hand and Psyvariar2 take all my time nowadays!

Somebody already opened a RayStorm table it seems :? , kind of sucks, since I could have added it here and we could have the "Ultimate RAY competition!".... well except that I don't know if I'll ever get to play Layer Section :(
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

Yamazaki / IGH / 13 485 320 / WR01-R / 83 / 0 / S | S,S,S | / 66 / Normal / PSX

First go for a while as I've been rather sick. Still no Icc. Infinity is the new Dishuman!!!
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

Yamazaki / IGH / 13 781 590 / WR01-R / 83 / 0 / S | S,S,S | / 66 / Normal / PSX

A 750,000 point Round Divider on Infinty helped an otherwise low scoring run.
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Heh, the gap just keeps growing higher and higher... :shock:
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

:shock:

So... I put Raycrisis on for a quick blast for the first time in months, and guess what happened on my 2nd run...

Yamazaki / IGH / 15 802 820 / WR-01R / 83 / 0 / S |S ,S ,S | / 64 / Normal PSX

And that is NO MISS ALL CLEAR!!

Obviously the run up to Dishuman/Infinity was pretty crappy - at least 1 million below what I used to get, and I could have obtained at least 1.5mil more on Infinity had I suicided to get the Round Divider full - you get no bonus for remaining lives.
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Thats pretty awesome man, I think it deserves a round of applause :-D I'll update it soon, but I know you will have improved in a day or two anyway :roll:

Its been a long time, what have you been playing? I just got Gradius V at the beginning of January and have been playing it religiously (whenever I get time that is.) In fact, I've made a pact not to play anything else until I 1cc it, so any RayCrisis challenge (as if I have any :lol: !) from me will have to wait.

Also I got Ray Storm a few months ago, I didn't really play it much, but its... different. Thats all I can say about it, I'll have to wait till I finish Gradius V before I can give you a better idea :wink:
Yamazaki!

Post by Yamazaki! »

Hi Carmen - thanks!

I've been playing various Megadrive shooters (a lot of VV/Grindstormer), and trying to beat some old scores on Dreamcast - Ikaruga/Shiki2/Trizeal/Mars Matrix.

I'm gonna try for 20mil on Raycrisis - if I remember correctly the WR01-R Japan record is over 26 (!) so it should be attainable :)
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Is PSX Normal = Arcade default difficulty?

Dave_K. / DJK / 2 573 580 / WR-01R / 23 / - / - / - / Arcade PCB

Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Oh... wow... Finally a chance to update this thread after more then a year!!

I'm assuming Normal is Arcade default. The WD booklet doesn't point out anything special. I'm glad to hear you've gotten into the game and congrats on a nice start! :D

Also, this is VERY belated, but Yamazaki, I now understand your name (got into both KOF and Garou Densetsu in the past year.)
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Anyone know if there are any conditions for the SCOREx2 item in Special Mode? Seems I can get it quite often at the end of Judgment Part with WR-01R, but fail to get it with any other ship.
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Its been a while since I played (and I'm just getting back into it), but as I recall its totally random (I remember it driving me insane, haha) If anything is to influence it it would be enchroachment and which enemies destroyed. If you're lucky you can get TWO x2 gems.

So how did the points for Round dividers work guys? Number of things on screen, or current lock on?
"Mercy on the Earth"

三十六計走為上策
gs68

Re: RayCrisis (AC,PSX,PC)

Post by gs68 »

WR03 is so stupid.
gs68 / REI / 2 971 080 / WR-03 / 0 / 39 / C |C+, C , x | / 75 / Normal PSX
If you speak Japanese, guess the accidental pun here.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

gs68 / REI / 3 587 060 / WR-02R / 63 / 46 / C+ |B-, C , x | / 72 / Normal PSX

- I love how I died on Pro-Tor mk3's lock-on bomb attack, the attack I die to the least.
- I was able to kill Sem-Fray in area 2 fast enough to get 12% encroachment drop (down to 28%), netting me my first grade that's higher than a C+.
- I've been noticing a pattern between WR-01R and 02R: 01 has a better start (200k+ in Self) but worse middle and end, while 02 has a worse start (~100-130k in Self) but gets a higher score overall.

By the way, the thread starter hasn't logged into the forums in a month and a half now. Does anyone wanna take over this thread?
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

I'm here , just missed your last post :mrgreen: Raycrisis doesn't seem to be so popular so this doesn't get updated a lot... lol

I don't know about a higher score overall with WR-02... the best scores that one can get with WR-01 (over 20m) will blow anything away with WR-02... as the WR-01 multiplier maxs out faster. Think of it this way - sixteen enemies: WR-01 will do 1 4 16 ... maximum (64 ? Ok, I can't remember the scoring chart precisely) for eight enemies, and then once more for the other eight enemies. WR-02 on the other hand will do 1 2 4 8 all the way up to max for all 16 enemies, which is less points overall. Not to mention locking 16 enemies is much harder then locking eight (though being able to delay lock ons helps) Constantly being able to hyper laser also makes a difference...

Yea, the game isn't so balanced towards the WR-02 WR-03... I can probably count the number of times I got a B+ or higher on my fingers... If you're using WR-02 and find a stage you like, I recommend just picking that stage twice or three times... even though thats not "Ideal" for maximum score it at least allows you to fine tune strategies to use later on. Like I still do Consideration or Memory twice every run (or when I last played the game)

Which stage order do you use btw?

Updated.
Last edited by Carmen on Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Mercy on the Earth"

三十六計走為上策
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

About the Self part (as its the part I played most, lol) both WR-01 and WR-02 can max around 400k... but its easier for WR-01 (Hyper laser a few times) The difference with the WR-02 comes at the first boss, since the difference between getting an S rank (WR-01) and a B something (WR-02) is kind of large.

As for WR-03, I'm not really sure... slowdown the game by shooting a million lock-ons, hehe.
"Mercy on the Earth"

三十六計走為上策
gs68

Post by gs68 »

Carmen wrote:IWhich stage order do you use btw?

Updated.
Memory -> Intelligence -> Consideration, I think.

I think part of why I somehow score higher with WR02 is its laser; it's easier to chain sparser clouds of enemies with it than with WR01.

I may do a Special mode score attack later, even though Special is such a silly mode ("ENCROACHMENT OVER 90%! ENCROACHMENT OVER 90%! Generating huge antibody: Infinity. Left: 9").
Observer

Post by Observer »

Sorry to bump this... I bought the PC versions of RayCrisis, RayStorm and G-Darius but, sadly, none of them runs despite they should all support WinXP. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Especially for Raycrisis as it seems to be the best port.

Quick overview of the issue: the games won't start. I made sure to install and re-install from the discs several times and I even searched for the two patches provided by CyberFront (for G-Darius and RayCrisis but, ironically, seems the Sourcenext versions I have already contained these), besides the locale switching and such. Odd, because I can run the old Layer Section just as fine.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
Observer

Post by Observer »

Not sure if this thread lives or not but...

Got the PC version working like a charm. I'm freaking addicted to this game, it's much more deep, cool and interesting than it seems at first!

I have a special mode highscore, probably my silliest highscore because I died so much and did so horribly...

Version: PC
Difficulty: Normal
Wave Rider: WR-02
Final Score: 87,993,290
Code: ???

The rest is on the screenshot (encroachment, lock-on bonus, lives left). Hopefully Print Screen works on the comp.
NOW REACHES THE FATAL ATTRACTION BE DESCRIBED AS "HELLSINKER". DECIDE DESTINATION.
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Yes this thread lives on! Even if the game is a bit dated... :oops:

Nice score! Yea, you can die a lot on Special and it doesn't make a huge difference :| Actually RC is not a bad little game at all... I really ought to grab the PC version (no PS here)... how does it run? Smoothly or not? Where did you grab it?
"Mercy on the Earth"

三十六計走為上策
Observer

Post by Observer »

Yay, the thread lives! I didn't feel the game dated at all. Must be because I'm playing so many doujin games I no longer care about graphics.

Here are two videos I made of the PC version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_brrrZ8Gg0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iepHvnXwAD8

It's a direct port of the PSX but runs at 640x480 and, overall, behaves perfectly. Not a single crash or slowdown or anything.

Someone in Japan got me the Cyberfront version (which was a bit cheaper) but Sourcenext re-published it as well along with many other shooters. I also put my claws on the RayStorm/G-Darius PC pack. Both run like a charm and G-Darius is notorious for having CDDA unlike the PSX version if I recall correctly.

http://www.sourcenext.com/products/cybe ... raycrisis/

This really makes me wish more devs could put out PC ports... Damn you, Cave.

The only bad thing is that if you have an older video card like me (GeForce 7300GT) you might have to switch back to older drivers to get the games working. Other than that, no big tragedy. I installed the drivers recommended by Siter Skain to run RefleX and that did it.

I will try to submit an Original Mode run but I keep getting destroyed towards the end and with only two lives available it's much much harder... but the music is awesome. I can't believe the people who said it sucks, it's really cool to have different tunes depending on your stage array and Original mode has an entire new OST altogether! (by the way, the music is in wav format so you can actually listen to the new music).

Overall, really nice. I love it! Pew pew and lock-on guided laser missiles are my weakness.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

How do you guys manage to keep the encroachment in Original to <20%, let alone at 0%? Searching for superplays of this game on YouTube has proven as futile as searching for a candycab at a Goodwill.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

gs68 wrote:How do you guys manage to keep the encroachment in Original to <20%, let alone at 0%? Searching for superplays of this game on YouTube has proven as futile as searching for a candycab at a Goodwill.
The problem lies in where you're looking. Nicovideo has a few RayCrisis replays, better than the one on super-play too. Exhibit A: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm852423
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Observer

Post by Observer »

The key is speedkilling. And destroying as much enemies as you can to unlock new waves of enemies, which is why I feel the game is shorter than many others but keeps you at the edge. If you destroy a boss under a certain amount of time (sometimes is 30-59 seconds) you get a -20% encroachment bonus so if you are entering the battle with 19-20% you almost guarantee the 500k bonus for the A rank.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

gs68 / REI / 3 628 600 / WR-01R / 2 / 42 / C+ |C+, C+, C | / 51 / Normal PSX
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

gs68 wrote:How do you guys manage to keep the encroachment in Original to <20%, let alone at 0%? Searching for superplays of this game on YouTube has proven as futile as searching for a candycab at a Goodwill.
The key is not using WR-02R :(

Updated! Keep them scores coming!
"Mercy on the Earth"

三十六計走為上策
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Carmen wrote:

The iOS Port for RayCrisis has arrived. Can you allow us to accept scores from iOS aside from Arcade(Taito G-Net) and Playstation?

Please, it should be
"RayCrisis (AC/PSX/PC/iOS)"

What do you think?

Anyways, about that quote regarding 0% Encroachment, use WR-03. Encroachment Reduction Ratio is up to 80.032%.
Spoiler
Gee, 0% Encroachment Ratio in RayCrisis reminds me of some Takkuti's Let's Play Super Mario Maker videos mentioning 0.00001% Clear Rate in a certain course that Takkuti is playing.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

Goompaolo9500 wrote:
Carmen wrote:

The iOS Port for RayCrisis has arrived. Can you allow us to accept scores from iOS aside from Arcade(Taito G-Net) and Playstation?

Please, it should be
"RayCrisis (AC/PSX/PC/iOS)"

What do you think?

Anyways, about that quote regarding 0% Encroachment, use WR-03. Encroachment Reduction Ratio is up to 80.032%.
Spoiler
Gee, 0% Encroachment Ratio in RayCrisis reminds me of some Takkuti's Let's Play Super Mario Maker videos mentioning 0.00001% Clear Rate in a certain course that Takkuti is playing.
Oh wow, there's a iOS version now? I had no idea. Topic changed, you're welcome to submit any scores! I actually finally brought the copy of my game from my parents' house, gave it a quick whirl. Of course, it's been over 10 years (!) since I played, so I don't remember it very well, but still fun! I'm happy to see there are people still enjoying it today!
"Mercy on the Earth"

三十六計走為上策
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

[quote=Carmen]
Oh wow, there's a iOS version now? I had no idea. Topic changed, you're welcome to submit any scores! I actually finally brought the copy of my game from my parents' house, gave it a quick whirl. Of course, it's been over 10 years (!) since I played, so I don't remember it very well, but still fun! I'm happy to see there are people still enjoying it today![/quote]

Thanks. Taito has been releasing that few months ago. The Raystorm Score Thread also allows scores from iOS but upon request.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.