Making a stick for PS2, USB and Saturn

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
oli_lar

Making a stick for PS2, USB and Saturn

Post by oli_lar »

After a fair bit of research & playtesting I've decided I want a Seimitsu LS-32 stick and sanwa buttons. Ideally i'd like it to be compatable with USB, PS2 and Saturn either through stock converters or if anyone can point me to a place that sells the chips ready programmed for the job I'm not opposed to a bit of wiring and soldering.

Then there is the housing - I don't have a Dremel, and can't really afford one atm with xmas coming up, so is there a place that sells housing for console sticks?

Or, would it be easier/cheaper to buy a HRAP and swap their stick for a LS-32? Problem is HRAP PS2 seems to be very expensive, but with HRAP 3, which is in my price range, I've got the problem of converting the USB output to PS2 and to a lesser degree Saturn. Though I could add the converter myself if i could get the ready programmed chips.

Good thing is I have about £80 to work with as I sold my X-arcade (didn't like it at all). And I've still got the USB/PS2/Xbox adapters - I guess those could be used as converters?
Ghegs

Re: Making a stick for PS2, USB and Saturn

Post by Ghegs »

Moved to Hardware.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
oli_lar

Post by oli_lar »

Sorry, cheers.
ASK

Post by ASK »

Best bet is to go take a look over at the Buy/Sell and Tech Talk subforums at shoryuken.com. They're custom stick fiends over there, and you'll find plenty of people selling empty cases.
oli_lar

Post by oli_lar »

Thanks, cheers for the ref. Pretty much all the info I need on there.