Fluke 9010 Users Forum

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Womble

Fluke 9010 Users Forum

Post by Womble »

Hi folks, have been fixing arcade boards for a few years now, slowly amassing some tasty repair tools, my latest is a Fluke 9010 with Z80 pod. I had spent ages looking for one and even longer looking for information on them, so after spending weeks trawling the web finding bugger all info on Flukes bar the pdf docos and hundreds of posts of other people looking for info, or for devices themselves I have decided to do something about it. So have set up a fluke forum, its a bit of an experiment, may not take off, depends how long it takes google to find it.

Would be great if you any fluke 9010 users or people who really really want one on here could join up and help make a centralised repository of knowledge and experience with flukes, whether used for arcade repair or not.

http://fluke9010.freeforums.org

I hope this post isn't against the rules on here, the fluke 9010 are probably the most techie hardcore of all the repair tools and not solely used for arcadia so hopefully this post wont be construed as blatant advertising or trying to pinch users.

cheers

Womble
Last edited by Womble on Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
viletim

Re: Fluke 9010 Users Forum

Post by viletim »

Every technician and their mother knows Fluke means multimeter, but I've never heard of a multimeter that comes with a z80 pod. So what is it? I tried a web search, but as you say, there's not much info online.
undamned

Post by undamned »

Womble wrote:I hope this post isn't against the rules on here, the flukes are probably the most techie hardcore of all the repair tools and not solely used for arcadia so hopefully this post wont be construed as blatant advertising or trying to pinch users.
You're fine, man. Your technical expertise is always welcome here :D
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
Womble

Post by Womble »

viletim wrote:Every technician and their mother knows Fluke means multimeter, but I've never heard of a multimeter that comes with a z80 pod. So what is it? I tried a web search, but as you say, there's not much info online.
Fluke make lots of things that aint multimeters, the 9010 is one of them. On a working PCB the CPU can only do what the code in the ROMs tells it to do, on a faulty PCB the CPU will usually crash due to the fault. The 9010 lets you plug in a Z80 pod and control it as if it was a CPU under your control, not the ROMs, fearsome beast it is too.

But bugger all info on them - they were about $5,000 when new for the base unit, and about 4K for the pods, not common devices these days but damn handy for troubleshooting PCBs if you have the right pod for the CPU its based on.
IronGiant

Post by IronGiant »

Must be getting busy, I'm getting the error:

"Forum is over capacity.
We're currently experiencing a high server load, please try again once the load lightens up. Thank you for your patience."
Formerly known here as R-Typer

Arcade game board repairer (known as 'Irongiant' and 'Vectorglow' on other arcade forums)
Womble

Post by Womble »

I doubt that would be from the fluke forum, its only got 16 users, almost certainly shares server space with other sites tho.