New Astro City with "NEW" WeiYa Tri-sync monitor

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Masamune69500

Re: New Astro City with "NEW" WeiYa Tri-sync monitor

Post by Masamune69500 »

Sure I am very happy waiting for my Egret II.
There is so much difference in the display compare to the Neo candy.
And even my wife like their design.

I agree I think radiant silvergun looks bad but every body like it so I want to give a try.

I was planning to play Arcana Heart 2 through my PS3 to my cab but the adaptation is really horrible.
And the Ex.board is really expansive. Hard to get this game.

If I recall you have Esparuga 1 and 2.
I think 2 is coming to Xbox soon. in AOU they said Deathsmiles 2: Xmas is coming on 360 on Spring 2010.

Espuraga 1 is kind of cheap (PCB), do you recommand it.

And I am looking for Ibara but sooo expansive. Maybe I will go for the PS2 version.

Did you try PS2 game on your Egret II, they look ok? On my Full HD plasma, they look like shit and so much flickering
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Masamune69500 wrote:Sure I am very happy waiting for my Egret II.
There is so much difference in the display compare to the Neo candy.
And even my wife like their design.

I agree I think radiant silvergun looks bad but every body like it so I want to give a try.

I was planning to play Arcana Heart 2 through my PS3 to my cab but the adaptation is really horrible.
And the Ex.board is really expansive. Hard to get this game.

If I recall you have Esparuga 1 and 2.
I think 2 is coming to Xbox soon. in AOU they said Deathsmiles 2: Xmas is coming on 360 on Spring 2010.

Espuraga 1 is kind of cheap (PCB), do you recommand it.

And I am looking for Ibara but sooo expansive. Maybe I will go for the PS2 version.

Did you try PS2 game on your Egret II, they look ok? On my Full HD plasma, they look like shit and so much flickering
I've played ESPGALUDA lots on my EGRET II running off my PS2 (with HDD=as fast stage loads as the PCB) and while I really like the stereo music, and the very fast restart capabilities, I prefer playing the PCB (as there's too much things that can go wrong with a PS2 in a cab) and I highly recommend it as I consider it incredibly high on a "bang for buck" scale. I would recommend you forget about playing Ibara or Mushihimesama (PS2) in your cab, as both are lacking very much visually. I want to like Ibara, so I'm gonna get the PCB someday. No, I don't have ESPGALUDA II, but I will get it for the 360 ASAP, mainly because I want to support CAVE's home porting business, and I feel excited about the arrange modes. The original game is very pretty, but not my cup of tea game play-wise.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Masamune69500

Post by Masamune69500 »

Thanks a lot for your advice.
Ibara is not too expansive but Ibara Kuro is.
I give up the PS2 cab. I wanted Melty blood AA for cheap but I will still with an old version until the new one become cheap.

I am still wondering if it's worth it to make a Dreamcast VGA adaptor for cab. I could find all the game on Naomi except StIII 3rd impact.

But it's really one of my favourite game and the CPS III interface seems to fail a lot and cost almost 50.000 yens

For your XBOX360 control, did you connect it to a Jamma interface or you connect them directly to your control and switch it between normal game and Xbox?
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Masamune69500 wrote:Thanks a lot for your advice.
Ibara is not too expansive but Ibara Kuro is.
I give up the PS2 cab. I wanted Melty blood AA for cheap but I will still with an old version until the new one become cheap.

I am still wondering if it's worth it to make a Dreamcast VGA adaptor for cab. I could find all the game on Naomi except StIII 3rd impact.

But it's really one of my favourite game and the CPS III interface seems to fail a lot and cost almost 50.000 yens

For your XBOX360 control, did you connect it to a Jamma interface or you connect them directly to your control and switch it between normal game and Xbox?
Jamma Interface is the way to go, as finding the right connectors to fit your Taito harness is a pain in the ass. You can use the 360 pads with a PC as well if you want to play Shikigami No Shiro III, Raiden III or perhaps if CAVE does go for PC ports in the future. I highly recommend that you hack Dreamcast controllers to a fingerboard. I have a Dreamcast with the Ultimarc -> JAMMA solution, and if I could go back in time, I'd go for hacked pads instead.

You also have to amplify the sound from your consoles. The easiest way IMHO is to put a 2.1 sub woofer for a PC in your cab and then connect the output from the sub woofer to the connector in your EGRET II that has a "P" printed on it. It is near the JAMMA connector.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Masamune69500

Post by Masamune69500 »

I will wait for the dreamcast because I am not sure if it's worse it. I can find all the game on Naomi and I saw that SFIII was on Xbox so I could use the Xbox 360 for it.
I will hack the pad like you said. But do you hack the pad to the Jamma board or directly to the buttons.

About Ibara, what do you think about this game. They don't show it in game center. Now there is a new DDP with a lot of cabinet with it and every cave game are in Taito game center except Ibara. I am wondering...
I don't know if the difference between Ibara and Ibara Kuro is worse the big price difference
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Masamune69500 wrote:I will wait for the dreamcast because I am not sure if it's worse it. I can find all the game on Naomi and I saw that SFIII was on Xbox so I could use the Xbox 360 for it.
I will hack the pad like you said. But do you hack the pad to the Jamma board or directly to the buttons.

About Ibara, what do you think about this game. They don't show it in game center. Now there is a new DDP with a lot of cabinet with it and every cave game are in Taito game center except Ibara. I am wondering...
I don't know if the difference between Ibara and Ibara Kuro is worse the big price difference
I guess Ibara is a lot harder for casual gamers and that might turn away business for the game centers. When you hack your pad, it's easier to go for the JAMMA connector, as finding the right connectors for your cabinet can be hard. Perhaps not for you as you are in Japan though. :P
Masamune69500

Post by Masamune69500 »

I will do like you said.

Today I tried muchi muchi Pork, it's really good. There was Pink sweets too, great.
I could find muchi muchi Pork for 50.000 yens but no Pink sweets

Do you think Ibara Black is much better than Ibara. It's double price.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Masamune69500 wrote:I will do like you said.

Today I tried muchi muchi Pork, it's really good. There was Pink sweets too, great.
I could find muchi muchi Pork for 50.000 yens but no Pink sweets

Do you think Ibara Black is much better than Ibara. It's double price.
Sorry, I have very little experience with Ibara. I've heard that Pink Sweets is extremely frustrating, you might wanna play it more in the arcade before trying to source a PCB to own. Muchi Muchi Pork is very cool, but those nagging sound effects get to you after a while. Hopefully this can be adjusted when a home port arrives.