Does an LS-32 actually make a difference?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
captpain

Re: Does an LS-32 actually make a difference?

Post by captpain »

brentsg wrote:I am ordering two complete sets of LS-32-01 sticks and also appropriate buttons for my Super Neo 29 and my Neo 25.

I want to make sure that i get all of the appropriate parts and I'm not totally sure what they come with by default. Do I need to special order an optional restrictor plate or anything for shmups?

I'll be ordering from AkihabaraShop.jp.

Thanks for any info!

Brent
Why not just use Lizard Lick? And also, I think they come with a square plate anyway.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

captpain wrote:
brentsg wrote:I am ordering two complete sets of LS-32-01 sticks and also appropriate buttons for my Super Neo 29 and my Neo 25.

I want to make sure that i get all of the appropriate parts and I'm not totally sure what they come with by default. Do I need to special order an optional restrictor plate or anything for shmups?

Thanks for any info!

Brent
Why not just use Lizard Lick? And also, I think they come with a square plate anyway.
I quoted both ways. LL doesn't carry all the parts I want and costs more to boot.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
cools

Post by cools »

Thanks for any info!

Brent
The restrictor plate will be fine. Just make sure you get the right mounting plate! Note that the LS32 may not fit your control panel correctly and if so will sit too low, shortening the shaft dramatically. Check and double check.
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

cools wrote:

Thanks for any info!

Brent
The restrictor plate will be fine. Just make sure you get the right mounting plate! Note that the LS32 may not fit your control panel correctly and if so will sit too low, shortening the shaft dramatically. Check and double check.
Ok thanks. I'm sure I got that part right.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

For me, the LS-56 has worked great. I actually originally bought it for fighters, since I wanted octogates, but hated the way Sanwa octogates felt, so thought I would try what Seimitsu had to offer. Very nice and tight with very, very little deadzone. Worked like a charm when I used it with my shmups as well.