Joystick modders!!! I need a project done.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
neorichieb1971

Joystick modders!!! I need a project done.

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I would like a PS2 loom for a AWSD CP. So that I can connect my PS2 directly to 6 buttons, 2 start buttons and 2 5pin LS32's.

Basically the loom ends at quick disconnects suitable for a LS32 5 pin and some sanwa buttons in the 6 button formation. So its just a simple double joypad conversion box really.

Anyone up for it? :D
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
neorichieb1971

Re: Joystick modders!!! I need a project done.

Post by neorichieb1971 »

10 hours and nobody interested. :?
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

i can do one for you. i'm at work right now, but i'll send you a pm a little later. i've made myself similar setups for ps2 and dreamcast to connect in my NAC.
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

How did you manage video for the PS2 on a NAC?

Hmmm, thats exactly the sort of set up I wanted origonally. I decided at first that the NAC project was a bit adventurous because I had to deal with amplification of audio, video (which isn't easy for PS2 to jamma) and the controls.

Right now i'm hooked up with dedicated Taito amplifier for audio (needs some work because its distorted a tad but i'm working on that) and using a XRGB2 for video. Obviously DC runs through to VGA anyway which the AWSD is natively, a control loom for that would be awesome as well. But one thing at a time.

I have 2 NAC's and would love to know your solution for solving all the issues you've overcome. It means I can play the verts as well as the hori's which is ideal. Love to hear from you. :)

Cheers,

Richie.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

my nac is a bit hacked together to say the least :D . for video, i went through the jamma harness using an ultimarc j-pac and the ultimarc ps2 a/v cable (i'm using a broken ps2 to feed power to the jpac for the on board video amplifier). for audio, i used a sub unit from a pc 2.1 setup and hacked some extra connectors to the cabinet speakers. and for controllers i hacked some pads because i had so many problems with the ultimarc controller adapters.

here's some pics of my dreamcast control box.

all closed up.

open

if you notice, i've got a 15 pin molex connector on the end of each controller line. i made a loom in my control panel so when im switching between consoles it's only a matter of disconnecting the 2 molex connections instead of having to pull and reconnect 28 quick disconnects and 2 5 pin harnesses. anyway, i'll send you a pm with some more info.