RQ: Mushihime Sama Futari Black Label questions

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
gojira

RQ: Mushihime Sama Futari Black Label questions

Post by gojira »

I am regularly playing Mushihime Sama Futari Black Label in original mode and would like to improve my score, so I have a couple of questions.

Usually I play like this:
* I almost always 1cc in original mode.
* I bomb between two and three times at the stage 3 boss, and usually one time at the stage 4 boss, and immediately after catching the 1up in stage 5, and countless times at the stage 5 boss. Otherwise I don't bomb.
* I start loosing lives at the the stage 5 boss (or when I try stuff like hoovering over the turtle too long).
* I finish the game with one or no lives left usually.
* I almost always manage to catch the 1up in stage 5.
* I am holding A when the big counter is blue, and am holding B when it's green.
* I try to kill the enemies by moving as near to them as I can.

When I play in this style, I finish with a score of about 340 - 380 million. Is my score and way of playing good, average or it sucks?

What is a good score for finishing MHSFBL in original mode, and what would be a fantastic score?

I guess one way of improving my score is bombing less and finishing with more lives, I'm working on that. But what about other ways? For example, which elements in the game "shed" gems, and when exactly do they do that? I try hovering over the stone monoliths in stage 1, and hovering over the turtle in stage 2. Other than that I don't know the "hotspots" for shedding (please tell me!). Also, do they only shed when I hoover and am pressing B only, or do they also shed when I hold A (and I just don't see it)?!

How does boss milking work in original mode, if it is possible in the first place? Do I need to shoot certain parts only to prolong the boss fight, which ones?

Am I really going to buy an X-BOX just to play this one, single game? (haha you don't need to answer this one)

I'm looking forward to your answers! Thanks!

Edit: P.S.: I'm playing with Reco.
Last edited by gojira on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plasmo

Re: Mushihime Sama Futari Black Label questions

Post by Plasmo »

I can't comment on your playing style since I'm not too familiar with MSFBL, but I can try to answer the following question:
What is a good score for finishing MHSFBL in original mode, and what would be a fantastic score?
A good score would be around 700-800mill and for a fantastic score you would at least need 2,5bill. The world record scores are 3,8bill with Reco and 3,6bill with Palm.
Just my opinion
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
NTSC-J

Re: RQ: Mushihime Sama Futari Black Label questions

Post by NTSC-J »

The big thing you're missing is the 'gem shedding'. Every enemy and destroyable object sheds gems and this is the key to high scores. To get them you need to be in close proximity while using the regular shot or laser at the appropriate time. You need to take a lot of risks and be right on top of all enemies at all times, so it will get very frustrating.

Never bomb, it nukes your counter. Dying with bombs in stock sucks, but it doesn't affect your counter as harshly.

Kill bosses as fast as you can to prevent the counter from dropping too much.

The end of game bonus is calculated depending on bombs times lives. If you have 3 bombs and 2 lives in stock, your bonus will be 60 million. If you have 1 bomb and 3 lives in stock, your bonus will be 30 million, so it may be more beneficial to suicide at the very end for more points.
adversity1

Post by adversity1 »

Take advantage of things as they are invincible at the top of the screen to jack up your counter. For instance the beetles in stage 3 are a damn goldmine, you just have to glide through their danmakus.
We are holding the secret power of shmups.
gojira

Post by gojira »

Thanks for your answers, especially NTSC-J! I'll try this.
sven666

Post by sven666 »

do not bomb or die, when shooting with the A shot (for reco, i also play her) you have to make sure your options latch onto the enemy and try not to hit it with your main shot, gems will pour out.

get your stage counter above 9999 as fast as possible, when you do all gems will be the big ones.

otherwise there arent that many "tricks" to learn, just strategies for different enemies and being extremely agressive.

the only trick as such is being right ontop of the lanterns in stage 5 when you kill them, if you do they will cancel all bullets onscreen for half a second, if you have a multiplier of 100000 or more all enemies onscreen will spew out gems during this time as well.
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..