RQ : level 6 in Shin Chuka Taisen ??? (Wii)

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Hydeux

RQ : level 6 in Shin Chuka Taisen ??? (Wii)

Post by Hydeux »

Hi folks, need help to work this out :
I'm playing the Japanese version of Shin Chuka Taisen/The monkey king (wii) in order to write a review of it for the site "shmup.com" (which, as you all know by now, is the best French speaking shmup site you'll ever see ! :wink: ) BUT after 1cc both the normal and the story mode (5 stages, no staff roll, "game over") I found out on the site "Hardcore Gaming 101" that the game has actually 6 stages (the last being Hell) and then offer to play the game backwards ! :shock:
Most of the levels are the same [compared to the 80's arcade version], with the addition of a totally new level which takes place in Hell. Here, you refight all of the old bosses, then take on a new final enemy. After this, you need to go through all of the stages in reverse, except you're flying from right to left. It's an interesting twist, but it's not nearly enough to save the game.
They even show a picture of a boss I've never seen, which then should be the 6th :

Can someone explain to my disturbed self how it comes, as I'm playing of course with the "default" options (normal difficulty, 5 lives, and I've also tried with only 3 lives...), how it comes I don't meet that 6th stage ???
Thanx for your (accurate and really kind) answers !
Hydeux

Re: RQ : level 6 in Shin Chuka Taisen ??? (Wii)

Post by Hydeux »

:shock:
45 clicks on my post and still no answer ???

Well, from what I've seen/read on the Net (but I still doesn't have an definitive answer...) it really seems that the US version of Shin Chuka Taisen, called the Monkey king, has a 6th level (whereas the jap' version only has 5) and it also has a kind of second loop, in which you go backwards throughout the 5 first levels...

Can anyone confirm ?
And does someone know where a French guy could order/find a REALLY cheap US version ??? (by PM maybe...)
Hydeux

Re: RQ : level 6 in Shin Chuka Taisen ??? (Wii)

Post by Hydeux »

I'm sure of it now, as I managed to find a US version of the game : The Monkey King offers a sixth level and a "second loop" where you go through the whole game from right to left, things you don't find in the jap' Shin Chuka Taisen.
Besides, the whole game (especially the bosses and the guardians of the shops) is even easier than the jap' version !!!
And to be complete, some ennemies are different, probably to be more "recognizable" for western audience.