Hori Mini Arcade Stick

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
core

Hori Mini Arcade Stick

Post by core »

Has anyone used one before? I can get one for about $20 but don't know if this is decent or not.

Pat70

Post by Pat70 »

damn..I know my sticks...but I've never seen this one before!
Rupert H

Post by Rupert H »

Yeah, I had two of them before but I got rid of them. They may be okay for three button shmups but are useless for six button fighting games due to the tiny size and close proximity of the buttons.

The stick is decent enough and is convenient for traveling; just don't go expecting to break any world records on it.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

that ones new to me. looks like the generic hori stick and pcb mounted buttons. honestly, i don't think it's worth $20 unless you're a rare/obscure stick collector and just want it to say you have it.
core

Post by core »

Sounds like it is worth the $20. As long as the stick is half decent I think I'll be happy.
P_HAT

Post by P_HAT »

I think i saw them in some jp player vids. So, they must be at least "ok".
agustusx

Post by agustusx »

it would be hard for them to be worse than the playstation pads.
core

Post by core »

agustusx wrote:it would be hard for them to be worse than the playstation pads.
I played on one of those King of Fighters Limited Edition sticks a while ago. Made me cry out for my pad back.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

A stick -that- small makes me think those buttons are probably on rubber membranes rather than microswitches. I've been pleasantly surprised on this before though. I think if I were in your shoes, $20 would be worth it to satisfy my curiosity.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

When I got my Hori Fighting Stick PC for my Turbo Duo console, it was a mere twenty bucks brand new but the catch was I had to pay an additional $35 USD with EMS shipping from Japan to the USA. This was one of those rare instances where shipping was more than the actual monetary worth of the said item bought. Still is regarded as a world-class PC Engine arcade stick with it's Sanwa arcade stick in place. ^_~

Paying a measly twenty bucks for a Hori PSX joystick is chump change these days. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Elixir

Re:

Post by Elixir »

core wrote:
agustusx wrote:it would be hard for them to be worse than the playstation pads.
I played on one of those King of Fighters Limited Edition sticks a while ago. Made me cry out for my pad back.
Oh god you too huh? I bought one of those. They say they're limited to 5000, but I doubt it, since I see them everywhere. They're the most unplayable arcade stick in the entire world, and that's saying something, considering I had a Pelican Real Arcade which died the day after purchasing it.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.