Just wondering your responses

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
Makoto Sei

Just wondering your responses

Post by Makoto Sei »

i hope you can read it. I`m just wondering your response about this idea. This is came for the result after playing Thunder Force VI

http://makotosei.deviantart.com/art/concept-117993567
agustusx

Post by agustusx »

can i get the cliff notes version that doesn't require me going to deviant art?
Makoto Sei

Post by Makoto Sei »

I`ll try, but maybe it would need some time because i would like to re write it so it would look more neat, and because some idea have appear.
Danbo

Post by Danbo »

You have nice handwriting.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

Yeah, some shmuppers do have really nice handwriting like yours, Makoto Sei. I've been complemented on my handwriting as well. Since I'm an artist, it is a nice gift/talent to have, indeed. ^_~

I was at a local Best Buy store one time and wrote out a personal check. The Best Buy sales associate who rung up my purchase said that my handwriting was the most beautiful that he had ever seen. I thanked him for that nice compliment. He also said that he wished that he could write like my writing style. For some folks, nice handwriting is effortless and comes naturally. So be it. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
worstplayer

Post by worstplayer »

I wouldn't want to program that game :lol:
"A game isn't bad because you resent it. A game is bad because it's shitty."
lgb

Post by lgb »

Maybe the harder difficulties could be unlocked from the start?
Makoto Sei

Post by Makoto Sei »

You have nice handwriting.
Ahahaha :D thank you very much
Yeah, some shmuppers do have really nice handwriting like yours, Makoto Sei. I've been complemented on my handwriting as well. Since I'm an artist, it is a nice gift/talent to have, indeed. ^_~
waw !... this is beyond expectation ! but thank you very much for the complement :D i really never imagine that some shmuppers have nice handwriting, and i myself never consider as one of them too :D
I wouldn't want to program that game Laughing
Ahahahah, i believe so. That why i`m considering to giving subtitle to this concept as : " Killing both the developer and the player in one title "

Maybe the harder difficulties could be unlocked from the start?
Hmm... i think you`re right. Hiding the last 2 difficulty level would worth for nothing :D
lgb

Post by lgb »

Think about a variation of the name similar to those like "Broken Thunder", "Thunder Future", etc... avoid "Thunder Force" exactly.

How about "Thunder Drive"? I don't have many name ideas, to be honest.

edit: Any mods think this should be moved to Development?
Makoto Sei

Post by Makoto Sei »

Think about a variation of the name similar to those like "Broken Thunder", "Thunder Future", etc... avoid "Thunder Force" exactly.
To be Honest, i just wish some one from STG project of SEGA or Tecnosoft team would see this concept and consider to realize it.... but i believe it would be very selfish of me. Another name ? i would use : " Last Thunder" :D
Just wait the rewrite version of this concept and i believe you would understand why i choose that name :)

move it to development ? hmm.... okay, i`ll post the concept that i have rewrite there later. At least, i`ll use this tread as bait so people`s attention could dragged here :twisted:

Thank you for the advice
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

I don't like the fact that you need to beat the game over and over again to unlock stuff. In TF6 you need to beat the game 15 times to unlock all the reports, that's just stupid. In this one you need to beat it six times just to unlock the harder difficulties and face the TLB, and god knows how many to unlock the Digital Viewer contents. I want to replay a game because I like it and want to score higher, not because of unlockables.

All ships should be unlocked from the start (except the very last one, maybe), and if the player manages to beat the last boss on the default difficulty or higher on a single credit, then he'd have access to the TLB fight and once he beats it, then everything else would be unlocked. That's much better IMO.

And remove the option to 'sit back and enjoy' the backwards stages. Come on, an option to skip 3 stages?
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

Moved to Development.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Ghegs wrote:Moved to Development.
Nice job Ghegs, now nobody will read it. :S
Shatterhand

Post by Shatterhand »

The good thing about this is that there's not one single line about the gameplay. How the game will play, level design... stuff that really makes a game, ya know? :D
Makoto Sei

Post by Makoto Sei »

I don't like the fact that you need to beat the game over and over again to unlock stuff...
Ahahahaha :D i know i would receive this kind of comment. My reason is : to increase the replay value. i know it`s sound ridiculous, but do remember one thing, there is also a group of people who like to play the game that think :" what to be unlocked next ".... and i`m one of them :o, and most of Asian people play a game not only for score, but more about: " what the story, what the secret, and so on and so on". Ah`, i`m also want to say: no one forced to unlocked all the secrets. If you feel satisfied with those already unlocked things, than its okay. But i believe you could not stand the locked things to stay on your gallery aren`t you :twisted:
And remove the option to 'sit back and enjoy' the backwards stages. Come on, an option to skip 3 stages?
Heheheheh :twisted: is there another one who have the same thought as him ? :D don`t worry, i`m also on your side
Nice job Ghegs, now nobody will read it. :S
Don`t worry, there is always a way for those who believe :D

The good thing about this is that there's not one single line about the gameplay. How the game will play, level design... stuff that really makes a game, ya know? Very Happy
Easy man, easy. We proceed slowly :D
Twiddle

Post by Twiddle »

Why not unlock everything if the game is cleared in a single credit (provided the game isn't ridiculously easy)?, like how Treasure did it with Ikaruga?

That way you'd satisfy both people out for "replay value" and those who go for the clear.
so long and tanks for all the spacefish
unban shw
<Megalixir> now that i know garegga is faggot central i can disregard it entirely
<Megalixir> i'm stuck in a hobby with gays
neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

I don't write joined up as instructed at school. I think my handwriting is clearer and more defined just as the deviantart illustration shows :D
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.