RQ: Dodonpachi 1-Up in level 3

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Cthulhu

RQ: Dodonpachi 1-Up in level 3

Post by Cthulhu »

I'm not sure what makes the 1-up that is (well, can be) found underneath the control tower of the last large ship before the boss show up or not. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. I managed to 1CC the game without it, but I'd really like to know how to get it for future runs...

Anyone know?
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I know you have to destroy all of the "container" thingies that are on the sides of the ship a bit earlier on for it to appear. I forget if there's anything more specific than that...
BER

Post by BER »

BulletMagnet wrote:I know you have to destroy all of the "container" thingies that are on the sides of the ship a bit earlier on for it to appear. I forget if there's anything more specific than that...
You have a part of it correct. I'll supply the details.

First, I'll be refering to this page:

http://www.shmups.com/beepreying/old/st ... as/3g.html

See step 49 for the locations of the boxes ("containers"). One of these is being attacked by the player's laser. You'll need to destroy all six of these boxes in order to get the 1up. Also, I think you cannot use the bomb to destroy any of these boxes or the box containing the 1up. (Damaging them with the bomb without destroying them is okay, though.)
Bernard A. DORIA (retired)
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Excellent, thank you both for helping~ :D
RickA187

Post by RickA187 »

Does anyone know of a second extra life in level three during the boss fight? This is not related to the 1up on the ship right before the boss. I was playing earlier today and i continued during the boss fight and i ended up with ~1.5 mil points after the boss and I had 3 extra ships so I definitely earned the 3rd extra ship during the boss fight. Has anybody else encountered this/ know how to get the extra ship?
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

extends @6M & 20M, 1 extend in the big red ship in 1-3, another in 2-3, that is all.
RickA187

Post by RickA187 »

Then how could I have gotten an extend in the situation that I described. I know about the 4 that you mentioned and it is not related to those. I'm not crazy or anything, I saw a third extra ship on the HUD. Maybe it's something not many people know about? Maybe related to destroying every part of the boss?
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

You either thought you had gotten an extend although you had not, passed the 6M or 20M mark at this point, or are playing a hacked version of DDP, I guess ^_^
Dave_K.

Post by Dave_K. »

Yeah was probably just a score extend, not a 1up.
elfhentaifan

Post by elfhentaifan »

can you change the settings for score extends in ddp?
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

@ELF: You can do that in the dip switches.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
RickA187

Post by RickA187 »

Maybe I just mashed the keys on the keyboard by accident and flipped a switch then. Thanks for the answers!