Thanks for helping me find a Hori Real Arcade Pro EX SE!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
corbie

Post by corbie »

Wow, I wish I had known this earlier. My EX-SE stick is at the post office here and I'm going to go pick it up in the morning. I got it from Rinkya and the Yahoo Japan Auctions. Nice mods guys. I'm going to install some Sanwa OBSF-30 buttons on this stick soon as I prefer the Sanwa buttons to go along with the Seimitsu stick. :)

EDIT: Got the stick this morning. FINALLY own an HRAP EX-SE. I'm loving it so far. I want to thank all of you who offered advice and pointed me to Rinkya. No way I would have gotten one of these without your help! :D

BULLET HELL
WWW.BULLET666.COM
LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay »

so what was the final total price? And how long did it take?
corbie

Post by corbie »

Took about 2 weeks in total from bid until I got it today. I won it on the 1st. And the price was ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. The fee was only $40 for Rinkya but the shipping was $117.23 via EMS. All told it set me back $387.23. And I know, crazy to pay that much, but I really wanted it and I just would have blown the money on another PCB. :D
BULLET HELL
WWW.BULLET666.COM
neist

Post by neist »

corbie wrote:Took about 2 weeks in total from bid until I got it today. I won it on the 1st. And the price was ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. The fee was only $40 for Rinkya but the shipping was $117.23 via EMS. All told it set me back $387.23. And I know, crazy to pay that much, but I really wanted it and I just would have blown the money on another PCB. :D
Geez, man. Well, I hope you enjoy it at that price. ;) Nothing is too expensive if you're willing to pay for it and you have the money, I say.
corbie

Post by corbie »

Yeah I guess. But I'd still have liked to have gotten in on one of these when the price was lower. I did replace the Siemitsu buttons with Sanwa buttons as you can see below. I might replace the black buttons with white ones and a white joystick ball eventually.

BTW: Can you use this stick with a PS3 or your computer since it's USB?
Last edited by corbie on Wed May 20, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BULLET HELL
WWW.BULLET666.COM
LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay »

You can use it with a PC on the 360 usb cable.

You can mod it for use with the PS3 with a cthulhu board. I did it with my SFIV SE and it's pretty easy.
corbie

Post by corbie »

Thanks for the info LuckyDay.

And sweet EX stick Wavey Pavey!
BULLET HELL
WWW.BULLET666.COM
Hibachi

Post by Hibachi »

LuckyDay wrote:You can use it with a PC on the 360 usb cable.

You can mod it for use with the PS3 with a cthulhu board. I did it with my SFIV SE and it's pretty easy.
I have just modded my Xbxox SFIV SE with a seimitsu LS-32-01 and Sanwa buttons and it's lovely.

In a slight follow on, is there a way to get this stick to work on a PS2 as I do not own a PS3.
Live Fast Die Ugly

Xbox Gamertag: Gunstar Hero 10
LuckyDay

Post by LuckyDay »

the MC-Cthulhu can be modded to work with the PS2.

My stick is PS3/PS2/360.

You can also just dual mod it with the current pcb (for 360) and a PS2 pcb.

Then you'll have 360 and PS2, and you can just buy a PS2>PS3 adapter if you ever want to use it on PS3.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

Welcome to the club corbie, but damn, $387.23 is way too much money. If you are happy and can afford it, is all cool 8)
corbie

Post by corbie »

The shipping really kicked it up on me. I knew the $40 fee was coming, but I didn't take into account that the stick was fairly weighty. So my expectation of about $40 jumped up to three times that. It was a crazy amount of money, but I wanted that stick and I wanted it bad. :)

So I looked at it this way. If I'm crazy enough to spend $800-$900 on a PCB kit, I might as well spend $400 on a joystick. :)
BULLET HELL
WWW.BULLET666.COM
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

NCSX is accepting pre-orders for the re-release of the XBox 360 RAP EX variant with a $139.95 USD price tag:

http://www.shopncsx.com/realarcadeproexjoystick-1.aspx

It is slated for an early July 2009 release according to NCSX.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
corbie

Post by corbie »

I got all the buttons changed out and the ball stick today. Here is the EX-SE with Sanwa OSBF-30 buttons and a Sanwa white joystick ball. Turned out alright.

BULLET HELL
WWW.BULLET666.COM
agustusx

Post by agustusx »

I've not been able to use sites like rinkya or shopping mall japan successfully. Either I can't find anything or the connections time out. akihabarashop doesn't seem to stock 360 controllers anymore. So Since I can't get the HRAP SE, its time for me to be more realistic and get something better than I have.
PC Engine Fan X! wrote:NCSX is accepting pre-orders for the re-release of the XBox 360 RAP EX variant with a $139.95 USD price tag:

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~

Can anyone confirm if this is a 4 gate stick? Someone mentioned it was on play-asia. If its a 4 gate stick it probably would work out just fine for me. When it comes to shmups my biggest complaint about my Hori EX2 is that its entirely too easy to push a diagonal. I'm not a modder so thats out the door. Besides I want to keep the EX2 for fighters anyway.

i need to find a good stick custom shop...
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

agustusx wrote:I've not been able to use sites like rinkya or shopping mall japan successfully. Either I can't find anything or the connections time out. akihabarashop doesn't seem to stock 360 controllers anymore. So Since I can't get the HRAP SE, its time for me to be more realistic and get something better than I have.
PC Engine Fan X! wrote:NCSX is accepting pre-orders for the re-release of the XBox 360 RAP EX variant with a $139.95 USD price tag:

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Can anyone confirm if this is a 4 gate stick? Someone mentioned it was on play-asia. If its a 4 gate stick it probably would work out just fine for me. When it comes to shmups my biggest complaint about my Hori EX2 is that its entirely too easy to push a diagonal. I'm not a modder so thats out the door. Besides I want to keep the EX2 for fighters anyway.

i need to find a good stick custom shop...
For agustusx,

If this Hori XBox 360 RAP EX does come shipped with a square gate, then it will suit your XBox 360 shmups needs quite perfectly (unless you prefer the octogonal style gate style kind which is more suited for the fighting games). It'd just be a matter of unscrewing the bottom of the XBox 360 RAP EX's base and checking to see if it does have a square gate in place or not. If not, then one will have to be ordered and installed. ^_~

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Wavey Pavey

Post by Wavey Pavey »

It does have a square gate :)