RQ: Gunhed Debug Mode On Emulator

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
mjclark
Banned User

RQ: Gunhed Debug Mode On Emulator

Post by mjclark »

I'm using mednafen emulator to play Gunhed and can get the sound test screen up but when I try to enter debug mode from there I press bomb then shot then select 21 times but nothing happens.
Is there a different way to get into debug mode?
sunburstbasser

Post by sunburstbasser »

It doesn't work on console either. Or rather, it does, but I don't know when or how it works. I've gotten into it a few times and have no clue what triggers it.

The only way you'll know is if you can go beyond I think 4C in the sound test. Just press left while on 00 and you'll know, it'll go to 99 if I'm remembering right. I've yet to get a chime or a DEBUG message or anything that any of the cheat sites say.
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Hmmmm.....
Zach Keene

Post by Zach Keene »

It works fine for me in Mednafen (and on the Wii). Enter sound test, and hit Bomb, Shoot, Select, Select, Select... and so on until you've hit Select 21 times.

Depending on what the game was doing when you first entered sound mode you might get have some random graphics pop up when you do this... but it's perfectly possible to have absolutely nothing happen at all. As noted, you'll just have to see if you can select a sound number higher than 4C (it'll go up to FF.)
mjclark
Banned User

Post by mjclark »

Well I'm running mednafen on Linux and have got into debug mode now but not quite as suggested.
If I'm in sound test mode , then press I, II repeatedly more than 10 times and then press select 21 times a picture of a robot, spaceship or laser beam appears under the sound test message and I'm in debug mode :D but this only works every second cycle (ie, it works the first time , the second time nothing happens, it works the third time and so on). In debug mode, of course I have level select by pressing run from 01 to 09 but I've also just found out that by selecting 0a upwards and pressing select+run the game starts at Level 0 which is boss only (if I just press run at 0a the game crashes to a black screen and need a hard reset).