shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:15 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Question about Strikers 1945 (PSX) and suggestion
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:48 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 63
I'd like to know if USA version is a good port (Tate, hiscores saves,...)

I didn't find nothing about this with the search option, so I think perhaps we could make a list of shmups ports to see if PAL version has 50/60HZ selector, hi score savings, Tate options, if a game is a Japanese exclusive and more. We could see all that info without asking for it continuosly at the forum. What's your oppinion?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:07 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Posts: 3725
Location: Almere, Netherlands
No PS1 titles to my knowledge have 50/60 HZ selectors. Only from DC on.
_________________
Pixel_Outlaw wrote:
Good, hopefully it will return us to the dark ages of gaming where multiple people could play on one television and you actually had to have real friends.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Question about Strikers 1945 (PSX) and suggestion
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:35 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3634
zyloj wrote:
I'd like to know if USA version is a good port (Tate, hiscores saves,...)

I didn't find nothing about this with the search option, so I think perhaps we could make a list of shmups ports to see if PAL version has 50/60HZ selector, hi score savings, Tate options, if a game is a Japanese exclusive and more. We could see all that info without asking for it continuosly at the forum. What's your oppinion?


The US release of Strikers 1945 Part II (they dropped the "Part II" bit) does not contain Tate, but it does have high-score save.

Now, the way they removed Tate was to simply remove the option from the main selection screen... so theoretically the mode is still in the game. I haven't compared the program sizes between the US and Japanese release. But if they're the same, that would mean that Tate is still available.. you would just have to use a Game Shark code or something to circumvent the main selection screen and get to the Tate-mode option screen.

Has anyone tried this?
_________________
"Amidst utter chaos lies strict order."
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:36 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Posts: 1092
Strange why they would leave it out though :?
_________________
My Trying Not To


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:44 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 12153
Location: Wherever.
It's been suggested that publishers don't want lawsuits from people who break their TVs by rotating them on their sides...sounds fairly plausible to me.
_________________
"I am just a regular White man, from a regular family. Who decided to take a stand to ensure a future for my people."
Glossary / Discussion / The Bizaar / Vasara HS


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:19 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Posts: 1092
BulletMagnet wrote:
It's been suggested that publishers don't want lawsuits from people who break their TVs by rotating them on their sides...sounds fairly plausible to me.


Fair enough I think lol

but a warning in the manual would be enough, besides I thought publishers cant get sued?

Kinda like using software on a PC, normally states that the company etc cant be responsible for any damage to the computer.
_________________
My Trying Not To


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:49 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 63
D wrote:
No PS1 titles to my knowledge have 50/60 HZ selectors. Only from DC on.


My suggestion is to make a complete list of console ports of shmups, so it would include for example DC or PS2 titles, where there are some games with selector. An example:

Ikaruga
GC PAL no selector/TATE
DC JAP TATE

Gunbird 2
DC PAL Selector/TATE
...

kiken wrote:
The US release of Strikers 1945 Part II (they dropped the "Part II" bit) does not contain Tate, but it does have high-score save.

Are you saying that Strikers 1945 (part one) had not a USA release?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:51 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 994
Location: Flenceburg
zyloj wrote:
kiken wrote:
The US release of Strikers 1945 Part II (they dropped the "Part II" bit) does not contain Tate, but it does have high-score save.

Are you saying that Strikers 1945 (part one) had not a USA release?


Right. Strikers 1945 had no US release; Strikers 1945 II got released in the US as "Strikers 1945" to "prevent confusion". Agetec is apparently using some definition of "prevent" with which I am unfamiliar.
_________________
My FAQs: http://arcanelore.net/


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:47 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 4450
Location: Landorin
Okay, doing a quick search I found this thread, and I'm resurrecting it because I don't feel like starting a new one just to ask some impressions.

I just bought Strikers 1945 PSX (jpn, therefore "part 1") for 15 euro, and I wanted to know the opinion of you shmuppers, about this conversion. Is it any good?

I know, I could have got the PS2 pack but I already own part 2 on Psone and I've heard bad things about that release.

And hey, the Psone cover is lovely.
_________________
Image
X - P - B


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:56 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3634
Turrican wrote:
Okay, doing a quick search I found this thread, and I'm resurrecting it because I don't feel like starting a new one just to ask some impressions.

I just bought Strikers 1945 PSX (jpn, therefore "part 1") for 15 euro, and I wanted to know the opinion of you shmuppers, about this conversion. Is it any good?

I know, I could have got the PS2 pack but I already own part 2 on Psone and I've heard bad things about that release.

And hey, the Psone cover is lovely.


The PSOne release of Strikers 1945 is a solid port, although the Saturn version is the better of the two. It ended up being the other way round for the releases of Strikers 1945 Part II though.
_________________
"Amidst utter chaos lies strict order."
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:58 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 4450
Location: Landorin
Kiken wrote:
The PSOne release of Strikers 1945 is a solid port, although the Saturn version is the better of the two. It ended up being the other way round for the releases of Strikers 1945 Part II though.


Thanks, solid port sounds fine to me. ^_^ Where are the flaws, loading times? Slowdowns? downgraded explosion graphics?
_________________
Image
X - P - B


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:15 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 207
Location: Brentwood, CA
Despite not having Tate mode, Strikers 1945 is a great port for the PSX. I've seen no slowdown at all during gameplay, and the graphics are top notch.

Get it now. Don't wait.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:15 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 4450
Location: Landorin
The Bullet Dodger wrote:
Despite not having Tate mode, Strikers 1945 is a great port for the PSX. I've seen no slowdown at all during gameplay, and the graphics are top notch.

Get it now. Don't wait.


you must be wrong. I'm talking about SLPS-00407. That is, Strikers 1. I'm pretty confident it has tate, as shown on the back of the case:

http://www.playstation.jp/products/alls ... 00407b.jpg
_________________
Image
X - P - B


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:58 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 63
Turrican wrote:
The Bullet Dodger wrote:
Despite not having Tate mode, Strikers 1945 is a great port for the PSX. I've seen no slowdown at all during gameplay, and the graphics are top notch.


you must be wrong. I'm talking about SLPS-00407. That is, Strikers 1. I'm pretty confident it has tate, as shown on the back of the case:


This is one of the reasons of my proposal. This kind of questions appears in the forum from time to time, and we could have a section in the web to consult it without repeating threads in the forums.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:34 am 


User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2005
Posts: 207
Location: Brentwood, CA
Turrican wrote:
The Bullet Dodger wrote:
Despite not having Tate mode, Strikers 1945 is a great port for the PSX. I've seen no slowdown at all during gameplay, and the graphics are top notch.

Get it now. Don't wait.


you must be wrong. I'm talking about SLPS-00407. That is, Strikers 1. I'm pretty confident it has tate, as shown on the back of the case:

http://www.playstation.jp/products/alls ... 00407b.jpg



ummm......my bad......i guess


thought you were referring to Strikers 1945 for the (NA) PSX


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:30 am 


User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 3529
Turrican wrote:
Kiken wrote:
The PSOne release of Strikers 1945 is a solid port, although the Saturn version is the better of the two. It ended up being the other way round for the releases of Strikers 1945 Part II though.


Thanks, solid port sounds fine to me. ^_^ Where are the flaws, loading times? Slowdowns? downgraded explosion graphics?


I'd love to know also...


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:28 am 


User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 4450
Location: Landorin
Maybe Twitchdoctor could help, I see he has all of them in his collections, he must dig this series.
_________________
Image
X - P - B


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ebbo, Google [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group