http://s11b.directupload.net/images/090102/t4apyr8d.jpg
deddonpachi

Post by deddonpachi »

Normal Mode

DED - 1,113,894,820 - all - lvl197

http://s10.directupload.net/images/090104/c8mpu5nb.jpg
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

I don't know how the hell you guys get such high scores on Easy Mode.

Easy:
Momijitsuki - 201,056,930 - all - lvl146
gavin19

Post by gavin19 »

Momijitsuki wrote:I don't know how the hell you guys get such high scores on Easy Mode.

Easy:
Seems like a lifetime ago since I last played this but IIRC you concentrate on shield until you reach level 50. Milk the bosses as much as possible, dividing the rest of your levelling roughly equally between sword/shot, maybe leaing more towards sword. Get in quick, point blank as much you can with the sword for quick kills so you kill as much as possible, as quickly as possible :)
a.k.a - G19
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

gavin19 wrote:
Momijitsuki wrote:I don't know how the hell you guys get such high scores on Easy Mode.

Easy:
Seems like a lifetime ago since I last played this but IIRC you concentrate on shield until you reach level 50. Milk the bosses as much as possible, dividing the rest of your levelling roughly equally between sword/shot, maybe leaing more towards sword. Get in quick, point blank as much you can with the sword for quick kills so you kill as much as possible, as quickly as possible :)
Hmm. I use the shot the most. At the end of this new playthrough here, I was around lv. 80 shot, lv. 22 sword, and lv. 48 shield.

Easy:
Momijitsuki - 266,786,230 - All - lvl150
gavin19

Post by gavin19 »

Momijitsuki wrote: Hmm. I use the shot the most. At the end of this new playthrough here, I was around lv. 80 shot, lv. 22 sword, and lv. 48 shield.

Easy:
Momijitsuki - 266,786,230 - All - lvl150
Shot should only be increased later on in the game, only once you have gotten shield/sword to at least 50 each for the upgrades. Shield is very easily raised to high levels in the first stage, then push on with the shield into the second stage with increased use of the sword, on until you have gotten 50/50. From stage 3/4 onwards you can use the shot more liberally. Well that's how I got my score anyway :)
a.k.a - G19
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

Well keep in mind that easy mode is just 3 stages long. I tried Normal mode, and it kicks my ass every time, so I figured I'd work on easy for a while until I learn the tricks to scoring well. It's so tempting to shoot and clear bullets from the screen... usually when I use the bullet cancel field (forgot what it's called), I get up close to a big enemy and use sword and shot at the same time to boost both of them.
clp

Post by clp »

using shot the most will cripple your score severly , its been ages since i played this but in normal mode / hard mode you should be looking at getting level 70/80 on all 3 weapons by the end of game for a decent score , il give easy mode a bash again later and let you kno about that one .
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

Ah, please do-- thanks for the advice in advance. :D
clp

Post by clp »

Easy:
clp - 861,217,740 - All - lvl230

ok @ momijitsuku on this run i had 103 by the end of level 1 a few things to bare in mind 1 when using your red shield thing you level up quicker on the weapon your using at the time so try to plan things out so you can for example wen level one starts the first 3 groups of enemies that stream down you should activate the red shield and sit on them letting your shiled destroy them you should have level20 or so on your shield by then now just take this idea through the game keep charging the shield and killing everything on screen trying to balance out which you are using you get all levels to rise , it couldnt be easier really.
Momijitsuki

Post by Momijitsuki »

Starting to get the hang of it.

Easy:
Momijitsuki - 407,102,890 - All - lvl169
SockPuppetHyren

Post by SockPuppetHyren »

Normal:
Sock - 418,679,640 - stg4 - lvl166

I was getting beat around on normal, so I decided to take a break and try Easy for the first time.

Easy:
Sock - 604,814,800 - All - lvl187

Easy mode indeed... :shock:
SockPuppetHyren

Normal:

Sock - 827,450,070 - Stg 4 - lvl186
SockPuppetHyren

Normal:

Sock - 1,480,436,820 - Stg5 - 222

Does anyone know of anyone who has made 2 billion on normal? For some reason, it seems closer and closer each time I play (This is even factoring that I missed two of the icons).
clp

Post by clp »

SockPuppetHyren wrote:Normal:

Sock - 1,480,436,820 - Stg5 - 222

Does anyone know of anyone who has made 2 billion on normal? For some reason, it seems closer and closer each time I play (This is even factoring that I missed two of the icons).
ive come very very very close to 2 bill on normal , i found it way more of a challenge than breaking 3 bill on hard was .
SockPuppetHyren

clp wrote: ive come very very very close to 2 bill on normal , i found it way more of a challenge than breaking 3 bill on hard was .
It's definitely a challenge. I didn't even make it to the stage boss on that run. :?
SockPuppetHyren

Good news: I just cleared normal!

Bad News: The fourth boss timed out, thus killing any chance of getting 2 billion :evil:

Normal:

Sock - 1, 524, 602, 480 - All - 228
gavin19

Post by gavin19 »

SockPuppetHyren wrote:Good news: I just cleared normal!

Bad News: The fourth boss timed out, thus killing any chance of getting 2 billion :evil:

Normal:

Sock - 1, 524, 602, 480 - All - 228
Congrats! Nice score Socky :)
a.k.a - G19
SockPuppetHyren

gavin19 wrote:
Thanks! I'm still going to keep playing this one for a while, though. Not only because I still think I can push my score, but I find the game itself to be really addicting. I though this game was going to suck, according to a bunch of negative opinions floating around online. But the when I actually played it, I got hooked.
Oddly enough, what made me give this game more of a chance were one of those negative video reviews. The reviewer was showing the game in action, and was playing it like it was Space Invaders while claiming it had no depth. It felt so painfully off base, that it made me want to play this game more, and I'm glad I did.
gavin19

Post by gavin19 »

SockPuppetHyren wrote:
gavin19 wrote:
Thanks! I'm still going to keep playing this one for a while, though. Not only because I still think I can push my score, but I find the game itself to be really addicting. I though this game was going to suck, according to a bunch of negative opinions floating around online. But the when I actually played it, I got hooked.
Oddly enough, what made me give this game more of a chance were one of those negative video reviews. The reviewer was showing the game in action, and was playing it like it was Space Invaders while claiming it had no depth. It felt so painfully off base, that it made me want to play this game more, and I'm glad I did.
Yeah a lot of uninformed negative opinions about this one I'm afraid. I hit a brick wall with my scoring after a month or two but kept playing it long after because it was really fun to play. I guess it helped I loved the art style and music to go along with it.
a.k.a - G19
clp

Post by clp »

im coming back to play this a bit now also , really just to break 2 bill in normal heh and your right this game is great the music and look are superb as far as im concerned .
SockPuppetHyren

I'm not sure if you guys have already seen this, but I figured I should post this Replay here. It's an Easy mode replay where the player scores over 1.5billion. The item juggling he does is very impressive! :shock:
clp

Post by clp »

the thing with kaorus is trying to get those items which change fire power to point icons seem to appear rarely . Anyway 2 bill in normal

1. clp -2,017,753,420 - ALL - 253
clp

Post by clp »

Easy:
clp - 1,249,315,730 - all - lvl247

:D
SockPuppetHyren

Excellent job clp. 8) Now I have to step my game up.
clp

Post by clp »

SockPuppetHyren wrote:Excellent job clp. 8) Now I have to step my game up.
couple tips for easy mode mate the castle boss end of level 3 , point blank and use sword only to get a bunch of icons to juggle , finish off the castle without collecting any and just keep juggling through the final spider thing bringing his energy down at the same time so he doesnt time out and just hope for lots of the bullet converting icon !
cyprien

Post by cyprien »

Seeing this board so active as of late is gonna make me have to turn on the Wii... =)
What are We, candy corn?
SockPuppetHyren

Not a huge increase, but I might as well pop these up:

Normal
Sock - 1,735,935,140 - All - 240

Easy:
Sock - 802,113,970 - All - 211

Clp was right about how rare that item converter was. I only got a chance to do some mass juggling on the 3rd stage's boss, and even then, I ended up killing the tower too quickly.
spectral

Post by spectral »

Normal mode :
spectral - 1,132,680,800 - All - 219
spectral

Post by spectral »

Normal mode :
spectral - 1,281,306,610 - All - 220

Hard mode :
spectral - 2,115,774,410 - All - 229

never reached the TLB yet : apart from the 5 milestones logo and the stg5 boss destruction, am i missing something ?