shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum
 
* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:54 am View unanswered posts
View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:03 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 21
Normal Mode

DED - 653,286,970 - stage 4 - lvl174

http://s11b.directupload.net/images/090102/t4apyr8d.jpg
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:29 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 21
Normal Mode

DED - 1,113,894,820 - all - lvl197

http://s10.directupload.net/images/090104/c8mpu5nb.jpg
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:37 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 1023
Location: すごい物語、兄貴
I don't know how the hell you guys get such high scores on Easy Mode.

Easy:
Momijitsuki - 201,056,930 - all - lvl146
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:15 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Posts: 331
Location: Belfast, N.Ireland
Momijitsuki wrote:
I don't know how the hell you guys get such high scores on Easy Mode.

Easy:
Momijitsuki - 201,056,930 - all - lvl146


Seems like a lifetime ago since I last played this but IIRC you concentrate on shield until you reach level 50. Milk the bosses as much as possible, dividing the rest of your levelling roughly equally between sword/shot, maybe leaing more towards sword. Get in quick, point blank as much you can with the sword for quick kills so you kill as much as possible, as quickly as possible :)
_________________
Image
a.k.a - G19


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:32 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 1023
Location: すごい物語、兄貴
gavin19 wrote:
Momijitsuki wrote:
I don't know how the hell you guys get such high scores on Easy Mode.

Easy:
Momijitsuki - 201,056,930 - all - lvl146


Seems like a lifetime ago since I last played this but IIRC you concentrate on shield until you reach level 50. Milk the bosses as much as possible, dividing the rest of your levelling roughly equally between sword/shot, maybe leaing more towards sword. Get in quick, point blank as much you can with the sword for quick kills so you kill as much as possible, as quickly as possible :)


Hmm. I use the shot the most. At the end of this new playthrough here, I was around lv. 80 shot, lv. 22 sword, and lv. 48 shield.

Easy:
Momijitsuki - 266,786,230 - All - lvl150
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:57 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Posts: 331
Location: Belfast, N.Ireland
Momijitsuki wrote:
Hmm. I use the shot the most. At the end of this new playthrough here, I was around lv. 80 shot, lv. 22 sword, and lv. 48 shield.

Easy:
Momijitsuki - 266,786,230 - All - lvl150


Shot should only be increased later on in the game, only once you have gotten shield/sword to at least 50 each for the upgrades. Shield is very easily raised to high levels in the first stage, then push on with the shield into the second stage with increased use of the sword, on until you have gotten 50/50. From stage 3/4 onwards you can use the shot more liberally. Well that's how I got my score anyway :)
_________________
Image
a.k.a - G19


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:11 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 1023
Location: すごい物語、兄貴
Well keep in mind that easy mode is just 3 stages long. I tried Normal mode, and it kicks my ass every time, so I figured I'd work on easy for a while until I learn the tricks to scoring well. It's so tempting to shoot and clear bullets from the screen... usually when I use the bullet cancel field (forgot what it's called), I get up close to a big enemy and use sword and shot at the same time to boost both of them.
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:46 pm 


using shot the most will cripple your score severly , its been ages since i played this but in normal mode / hard mode you should be looking at getting level 70/80 on all 3 weapons by the end of game for a decent score , il give easy mode a bash again later and let you kno about that one .


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:33 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 1023
Location: すごい物語、兄貴
Ah, please do-- thanks for the advice in advance. :D
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:47 pm 


Easy:
clp - 861,217,740 - All - lvl230

ok @ momijitsuku on this run i had 103 by the end of level 1 a few things to bare in mind 1 when using your red shield thing you level up quicker on the weapon your using at the time so try to plan things out so you can for example wen level one starts the first 3 groups of enemies that stream down you should activate the red shield and sit on them letting your shiled destroy them you should have level20 or so on your shield by then now just take this idea through the game keep charging the shield and killing everything on screen trying to balance out which you are using you get all levels to rise , it couldnt be easier really.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:43 am 


User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 1023
Location: すごい物語、兄貴
Starting to get the hang of it.

Easy:
Momijitsuki - 407,102,890 - All - lvl169
_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:19 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 331
Location: Chillin in Southtown
Normal:
Sock - 418,679,640 - stg4 - lvl166

I was getting beat around on normal, so I decided to take a break and try Easy for the first time.

Easy:
Sock - 604,814,800 - All - lvl187

Easy mode indeed... :shock:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:32 am 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 331
Location: Chillin in Southtown
Normal:

Sock - 827,450,070 - Stg 4 - lvl186


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:42 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 331
Location: Chillin in Southtown
Normal:

Sock - 1,480,436,820 - Stg5 - 222

Does anyone know of anyone who has made 2 billion on normal? For some reason, it seems closer and closer each time I play (This is even factoring that I missed two of the icons).


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:59 pm 


SockPuppetHyren wrote:
Normal:

Sock - 1,480,436,820 - Stg5 - 222

Does anyone know of anyone who has made 2 billion on normal? For some reason, it seems closer and closer each time I play (This is even factoring that I missed two of the icons).


ive come very very very close to 2 bill on normal , i found it way more of a challenge than breaking 3 bill on hard was .


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:17 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 331
Location: Chillin in Southtown
clp wrote:
ive come very very very close to 2 bill on normal , i found it way more of a challenge than breaking 3 bill on hard was .


It's definitely a challenge. I didn't even make it to the stage boss on that run. :?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:29 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 331
Location: Chillin in Southtown
Good news: I just cleared normal!

Bad News: The fourth boss timed out, thus killing any chance of getting 2 billion :evil:


Normal:

Sock - 1, 524, 602, 480 - All - 228


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 4:40 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Posts: 331
Location: Belfast, N.Ireland
SockPuppetHyren wrote:
Good news: I just cleared normal!

Bad News: The fourth boss timed out, thus killing any chance of getting 2 billion :evil:


Normal:

Sock - 1, 524, 602, 480 - All - 228


Congrats! Nice score Socky :)
_________________
Image
a.k.a - G19


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:37 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 331
Location: Chillin in Southtown
gavin19 wrote:

Congrats! Nice score Socky :)


Thanks! I'm still going to keep playing this one for a while, though. Not only because I still think I can push my score, but I find the game itself to be really addicting. I though this game was going to suck, according to a bunch of negative opinions floating around online. But the when I actually played it, I got hooked.
Oddly enough, what made me give this game more of a chance were one of those negative video reviews. The reviewer was showing the game in action, and was playing it like it was Space Invaders while claiming it had no depth. It felt so painfully off base, that it made me want to play this game more, and I'm glad I did.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:54 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Feb 2006
Posts: 331
Location: Belfast, N.Ireland
SockPuppetHyren wrote:
gavin19 wrote:

Congrats! Nice score Socky :)


Thanks! I'm still going to keep playing this one for a while, though. Not only because I still think I can push my score, but I find the game itself to be really addicting. I though this game was going to suck, according to a bunch of negative opinions floating around online. But the when I actually played it, I got hooked.
Oddly enough, what made me give this game more of a chance were one of those negative video reviews. The reviewer was showing the game in action, and was playing it like it was Space Invaders while claiming it had no depth. It felt so painfully off base, that it made me want to play this game more, and I'm glad I did.


Yeah a lot of uninformed negative opinions about this one I'm afraid. I hit a brick wall with my scoring after a month or two but kept playing it long after because it was really fun to play. I guess it helped I loved the art style and music to go along with it.
_________________
Image
a.k.a - G19


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:17 pm 


im coming back to play this a bit now also , really just to break 2 bill in normal heh and your right this game is great the music and look are superb as far as im concerned .


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:26 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 331
Location: Chillin in Southtown
I'm not sure if you guys have already seen this, but I figured I should post this Replay here. It's an Easy mode replay where the player scores over 1.5billion. The item juggling he does is very impressive! :shock:


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:06 pm 


the thing with kaorus is trying to get those items which change fire power to point icons seem to appear rarely . Anyway 2 bill in normal

1. clp -2,017,753,420 - ALL - 253
Image


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:31 pm 


Easy:
clp - 1,249,315,730 - all - lvl247
Image

:D


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:51 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 331
Location: Chillin in Southtown
Excellent job clp. 8) Now I have to step my game up.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:58 pm 


SockPuppetHyren wrote:
Excellent job clp. 8) Now I have to step my game up.


couple tips for easy mode mate the castle boss end of level 3 , point blank and use sword only to get a bunch of icons to juggle , finish off the castle without collecting any and just keep juggling through the final spider thing bringing his energy down at the same time so he doesnt time out and just hope for lots of the bullet converting icon !


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:03 pm 


User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 93
Location: Nagoya
Seeing this board so active as of late is gonna make me have to turn on the Wii... =)
_________________
What are We, candy corn?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:09 am 


User avatar

Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 331
Location: Chillin in Southtown
Not a huge increase, but I might as well pop these up:

Normal
Sock - 1,735,935,140 - All - 240

Easy:
Sock - 802,113,970 - All - 211

Clp was right about how rare that item converter was. I only got a chance to do some mass juggling on the 3rd stage's boss, and even then, I ended up killing the tower too quickly.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:04 pm 



Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 11
Normal mode :
spectral - 1,132,680,800 - All - 219


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:40 pm 



Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 11
Normal mode :
spectral - 1,281,306,610 - All - 220

Hard mode :
spectral - 2,115,774,410 - All - 229

never reached the TLB yet : apart from the 5 milestones logo and the stg5 boss destruction, am i missing something ?


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group