RQ: SITER SKAIN's RefleX

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Gespenst

RQ: SITER SKAIN's RefleX

Post by Gespenst »

Anybody else know way to kill Zodiac? (st7 boss) I always got pwned by his missile + laser spam (1st attack pattern after his engines destroyed)

Edit - Renamed topic to fit forum rules
LtC

Post by LtC »

First missile/laser combo:
-Shoot first wave of missiles>For next 2 laser waves use shield>Shoot down next wave of missiles>Shield and dodge next wave of missiles without shooting>Shoot down next 2 waves.
For second wave you do the same except you have to dodge 2 waves of missiles. Or you could just shield all the way but it's more risky.

And yeah; it's the hardest part of the game since you're playing sudden death since that point.
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

LtC wrote:First missile/laser combo:
And yeah; it's the hardest part of the game since you're playing sudden death since that point.
The state bar traded for ridiculous increase in stats (and no diagonal shots as well). Awesome
Thanks for the advice.
BTW, I ever got owned 5 times there (out of 7 creds). T_T
Every time you waste all the credits will increase it by one, right?
LtC

Post by LtC »

Gespenst wrote:Every time you waste all the credits will increase it by one, right?
Yeah but you don't really want to do that since the ultimate goal is to reduce credits (Remainder of soul) to 1 and clear the game without continues afterwards ;)
Gespenst

Post by Gespenst »

LtC wrote:
Gespenst wrote:Every time you waste all the credits will increase it by one, right?
Yeah but you don't really want to do that since the ultimate goal is to reduce credits (Remainder of soul) to 1 and clear the game without continues afterwards ;)
But for what? The only I know it's for unlock track 23, 'Zodiac Master'

edit: yay. I pwned him. Now here we go for final stage

HUGE EDIT : Meh. Looks like Zodiac's mad at me :(
Abused by huge missile volley while he's dying in final stage
HELP!